“Sushi. Delicious. View amazing ”

Caretta on the Gulf
Reserve with OpenTable
Caretta on the Gulf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 750 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Baymont Street
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

It's at sand pearl resort which is a very beautiful high end place resort. The restaurant has a beautiful setting. Get the sushi even just as an appetizer. Some of the best I have tried. The surf and turf roll was out of this world. For dinner I had the grouper. It was Devine. The crab cake and scallops were good too. Can't go wrong.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This was a great meal. The cocktail menu was varied and the cocktails themselves were very good. The service was excellent. We were here in late february, and came on a weekday night so it wasn't packed. we had the steak which was just excellent. really a great romantic meal!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Place was packed, too busy, either wait 45 min or seat at the sushi bar, with no view , basically a service station for wait staff . So we payed "view prices for food " and watched the wait staff ready their meals. regardless the food was excellent and we had a great server. Unfortunately could not even sneak a peak of the gulf, which was the main reason to go and celebrate my wife's bday here. The shrimp are excellent as is the grouper, and the crab cake, and the steak although pricey the food overall was excellent, you need to get a view seat to really enjoy and i suggest reserving.

1  Thank SunandSand096
JPNewport, Director of Food & Beverage at Caretta on the Gulf, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

My name is Jonathan Pelletier and I am the Director of Food & Beverage for Sandpearl Resort. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent dining experience with us at Caretta on the Gulf. I am so glad you enjoyed your meal with us here at the Resort! Our shrimp & Grouper are fresh from the Gulf so you really cannot go wring there! We do have a wonderful crab cake here that the Chef's really take pride in, it is one of my favorite things on the menu! Our steak, of course, is of the finest quality and we source out our meats from a lovely little ranch up in Northern California. We do have a butcher here on property who is able to hand cut and select only the best cuts of meat for our guests.

I would like to apologize we could not get you a better table for your wife's birthday. I understand it is frustrating when you go to a restaurant that is famed for their stunning views and you cannot enjoy the view yourself because of the amount of people who want to dine here. While it is great our restaurant here at the Resort is doing so well with our Resort guest and locals alike, it is frustrating to me that I am unable expand the restaurant so everyone can enjoy our spectacular views. I would like to make this up to you if I can in some way so please give me a call the next time you are visiting from Calgary and I will put you front and center with that view of our Beach and the Gulf of Mexico!

Thank you so much for your nice words here on Trip Advisor and we look forward to your next visit here at Caretta on the Gulf!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We eat at Carettas a few times a year for brunch to celebrate birthdays, etc. We're never disappointed. There is always lots of smoked salmon, sushi, oysters, and other seafood salads. The omelets are great, carving station is great, service is great. The only issue I had was this last visit they had sliced pita bread for a bread choice. The last few times they had thinkly sliced homemade foccacia which was out of this world. Like most, I don't want to fill up on bread, but you want something good for the cheeses, spreads, etc. Pita is so pedestrian! Otherwise, its excellent. $40.00 might seem a bit steep, but its really not that hard to eat and drink enough to make it a good value.

JPNewport, Director of Food & Beverage at Caretta on the Gulf, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

My name is Jonathan Pelletier and I am the Director of Food & Beverage for Sandpearl Resort. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent dining experience with us at Caretta on the Gulf. I am so glad you enjoy our Champagne Sunday Brunch so much! I really think it is a special Brunch myself and the selections are always plentiful and delicious! We do have a Fabulous team of Pastry Chefs here at the Resort who make all of our pastries, breads and breakfast pastries. We usually try to mix up the selections on a weekly basis as we do get a lot of repeat, local guests such as yourself from Safety Harbor. I will bring up your comment of the pita bread to the Chef and I appreciate you giving us feedback.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Caretta's is my favorite part of the Sandpearl Resort...my wife and I enjoyed a candle light dinner, filet and lobster as entrees, preceded by sushi appetizers. Our server was Michelle and she did a wonderful job. Each table is offered a wonderful selection of bread, the wine list was extensive...a great getaway from our day at the beach!

Dear Guest,

My name is Jonathan Pelletier and I am the Director of Food & Beverage for Sandpearl Resort. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent dining experience with us at Caretta on the Gulf! I am so glad you enjoyed your dining experience here and thought it was "Delicious"! I agree, our sushi Chefs do a Fabulous job with our hand rolled sushi rolls! Filet & Lobster - how can you go wrong! We get our lobster flown in from Maine so you really cannot go wring there! I am glad Michel did a wonderful job for you, she is great I must agree! I am pretty proud of our Wine Spectator awarded wine list myself, I am glad you enjoyed the selections!

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a nice review on Trip Advisor and we will see you next time at Caretta on the Gulf!