“Acropolis is now Mythos and soo good food!”
Review of Acropolis Greek Taverna - CLOSED

Acropolis Greek Taverna
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
United States
“Acropolis is now Mythos and soo good food!”
Reviewed December 4, 2010

We visit the Mythos Dec.2 and we were so pleased with all the good food and the really big plates. We had some Tsaiziki, Saganaki and fried Kalamari as starters and since this was our first visit we didnt know how huge the portions are. Everything was yummmo and delish. We both had Gyros for entrees and had to take a box home! Two words huge and fantastic. We tried the local beer Mythos red, very good to, if you like Sam Adams .....!!
No room for desert, but we stayed for the belly dancer girl and she did a great dance.
Our server was very nice and we had a great evening there. We will be back soon, because of great food!

Tampa FL
“Great place for Greek food!”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Yes, I agree the atmosphere can be a bit annoying after a while, then avoid this place on the weekends. The music is very, very loud and it turns into a night club after 10. The belly dancer comes out about every hour for a dance or two. We've gone before during night and was able to experience smoking a Hooka (sp?) outside which was neat!

Now, the food is truly wonderful! The portions are gigantic and it is reasonably priced. We always get the Hummus and they serve you this white dip that comes with bread, that stuff, can't remember what it is called, is out of this world! I usually get the Gyros and Moussaka.

If I was taking friends out to eat from out of town that wanted entertainment and good food, I'd go there!

Clearwater Fl
“Food's tasty, but I dont' like the concept”
Reviewed March 16, 2009

the food here is pretty darn good. Have been here for business lunches as well as early dinners and happy hours.

the hummus is very good and garlicky, the dolmas are good, spanikopita is basic, the combo dinners are good and quite large.

I guess I just don't care for the atmosphere. I don't need a belly dancer flinging her hair around while I'm trying to eat. I know breaking plates is supposed to be oh so fun, but after the first one, it just gets annoying, especially in a restaurant.

It's a nice place to dine off hours, after hours it just over run with drunken clientel dying to break plates and play grab [-]

1 Thank vgonzalez2034
Michigan
“Best Greek food”
Reviewed February 28, 2008

You want entertainment awesome greek food and an experience you got to visit this place. I came down from Michigan and my friends in St Pete took me to this restaurant. It was an amazing experience. They have belly dancers., Plate breaking, and the food...AMAZING. and Affordable. The portions are huge. Now every time we come down to florida we make it a tradition to visit this place!