“Must Eat Here!”

Ranked #26 of 721 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Please forgive the error that is happening right now with our menu connected to our menu link. We have made several attempts to remove the outdated menus attached to the link, however, we have not been able to do so yet. For the most updated and current menus please click the link to our website.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was very good, but the view and live music is what really makes this a great place to eat. We would definitely visit again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,855)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Arrived on a Monday night with about 12 other business collegues without a booking (they dont take reservations apparently), got placed at a table very quickly.

The atmosphere was great, its right on the beach with lots of tables outside (but still under cover and protected from the sun and thunderstoms). Staff were great, and nothing phased them, even when we started moving tables around to suit our needs.

The Palm Grouper is great and I strongly recommend it, also tried Alligator Bits but they were just deep fried and you couldn't really taste anything. Finished off with Key Lime Pie which was a bit rich for my taste, but extremely yummy!!

The evening finished with a full on 2 hour lightning storm, the restaurant is a great place to watch from.

All in all, a nice night, and well worth the 40 minute drive from Tampa

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I spend a lot of time in the Tampa / Clearwater area because my three children live there with their mother. Most of the time when I visit, we stay in the Tampa / Westshore / Brandon area. However, on my latest visit, I took my parents and we decided to take a day trip out to Clearwater Beach. My father has bad knees so we tried to find a place where we could enjoy the beach and water, while my dad sat at a bar and had a drink or two. I went to Google and randomly picked this place due to it's location, and had very low expectations when we arrived. Boy was I wrong!

This place is right out of a chamber of commerce advertisement. You drive up, and when you get out of your vehicle, you're already in the sand. The building is older (but well kept) and brings back memories of "the old days", when you could walk up a beach and stop for a beer and hotdog. But this place was HUGE on the inside, with a wrap-around deck, large bar, and even an inside area for those who don't like the heat.

We sat at the bar, even with our kids, as "Big B" (bartender) invited us in to have a seat. My dad got his beer while the rest of us walked down to the ocean. The views were breathtaking, the breeze so pleasant - it reminded me of being on a tropical island. After we played on the beach for awhile, we headed back up to the bar and ordered lunch. Everyone was satisfied with their meals, especially my mother, who ordered the conch fritters and proclaimed them the best she's ever had!

We sat and talked, the kids enjoyed sitting at the bar watching a soccer match on TV, while I made friends with a very attractive young woman from Pensacola who was visiting her friend (if you're reading this, look me up!). There was even live entertainment, with a guitar player singing Jimmy Buffet and other tunes on the deck. The time flew by and we paid our tab, but promised "Big B" that we'd be back on our next visit.

Just an oustanding atmosphere, great food, ideal views of the ocean, and a pleasant staff led by "Big B", who must have taught a course on how to be a great bartender, because his personality was what made our visit memorable. I highly recommend a visit to Palm Pavilion for a relaxing afternoon.

1  Thank Nightowl50
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Walk right off the beach to this great little place. Food was good, had drink specials too. Live music daily was especially good.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place is right on the beach and the food and music is great! The wait staff are really great and it is family oriented!