“Very fun, cool place”

Ranked #150 of 708 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Where Mediterranean meets Mexican with an explosion of bold fresh flavors! Wine Bar, Bistro & Retail Bottle Shop with an Eclectic Mediterranean/Mexican Menu - Gourmet Mexican Specialties, Delicious Flat-bread Pizzas & Pasta, Homemade Soups, Sandwiches, Salads & Desserts Wine Spectator Award Winning List Features 50 Wines by the Glass & 200 Bottle Selections from Around the World 8 Craft Brews on Tap & 20 Premium Bottled Beers & Best Sangria on the Beach! Live music in our beautiful green courtyard! Pet-Friendly Patio
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were walking back from dinner at another location and happened to see a guy playing acoustic guitar outside. It sounded really good, so we decided to stop for a listen.

This place is pretty neat. They have a small indoor area, but the neat part is the outdoor courtyard / patio area out front that is dog friendly. The thing I noticed was that even though we were outside, it didn't seem too hot because of the shade. We sat outside and had a few drinks and met some folks who had their dogs with them. Real nice people.

They were eating light meals, salad and flat bread pizza I believe and I am not sure how it tasted, but it looked delicious. Given that we just ate, we stuck to a few drinks and conversation.
The service was great. Our waitress took great care of us. The prices were very good also. We each had a few domestic beers at happy hour prices and I think the bill was all of 10 dollars. And we got to listen to great music too.

I would definitely like to return for a full meal in the future!

There are newer reviews for Clearwater Wine Bar and Bistro

Reviewed June 16, 2014

In all fairness we stopped by on a rainy Wednesday night where few patrons were around (we became the only ones in the place once a couple left about 30 minutes into our stay).

I love the idea of this place even though it's across the street from the Gulf side. They have put some careful thought into the set up, design, menu, wine list, and now I feel they need to fine tune the team.

The cheese plate we enjoyed was exceptional - except for one sharp cheese that neither of us cared for but that is solely due to personal preference and not to the menu item itself. Here is the menu description: white cheddar, double-crème blue brie, pecorino romano& manchego cheese served w/ fruit, nuts, herb-infused olive oil & house-made toasted rosemary focaccia bread

I feel that it was too "homey" of a feel on the bartender's part because she was talking most of the time at the end of the bar with friends or family. I would have been massaging the new guests (for lack of a better term) maybe with a "how do you love the cheese plate you ordered?" or "do you need a few more bread pieces to go with that cheese that is still left?" or "how about I top off your Rose wine just a bit on the house?"

You see - complacency should not happen - not even on a slow, rainy night. This place is cool - just needs some attention to detail on staff part.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We are locals and we love the Clearwater Wine Bar and Bistro. The food is consistently excellent and they offer local beers on tap and a phenomenal wine list. On select Fridays and Saturdays there is also live music in the courtyard. Great experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Love eating here whenever we get to Clearwater Beach. Lots of specials and good portions. Friendly service and the food is always freshly made right in front of you. Great selections of wine.

1  Thank canuck_in_clearwater
Reviewed April 5, 2014

After reading all the great reviews I decided to take my husband here for his birthday, we had Spicy Burrito and Spicy mushroom/Goat cheese pizza. Nothing spicy about any of it, I had to ask for extra Goats cheese, it hardly had any! They sprinkled dry herbs on after it was cooked so they were horrible and prickly in my mouth. Husbands Burrito looked ok but he opened it to find massive chunks of salad in it as a cheap filler and it wasn't spicy. The black beans were cheap tasting. All in all just very disappointing.

2  Thank MrsP2401