“Great Inshore Slam”

Captain Mike Merritt's Native Guide Service
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Chokoloskee
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Fishing Charters in the Everglades National Park. Fishing out of Chokoloskee Island Resort. Fishing the Everglades 10,000 Islands for redfish, trout, snook, tarpon, and cobia. I have 1/2 day and full day fishing charters available year round. $650. Per day, $475, 1/2 day charter. I am a native Floridian, and a 3rd generation fisherman of this area and know how to put you on fish I know if you are a happy client you will recommend me to others so I work hard to make my clients happy.
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We could have asked for a better day. Weather was perfect. Capt. Mike is professional, personable, and an excellent guide. He works harder than most guides to make sure your happy. A must go adventure.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was my forth trip with Capt. Mike. I brought my friend who is 8 years old for his first back county trip. We had a great time catching reds, sharks, trout and hooked up with lots off big fish that we lost due to the size. There was never any pressure from him and we learned so much from him. He cleaned all of our fish that we kept also. I would recommend his service to anyone who wants to have a fun time on the water.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I had a blast with Captain Mike Merritt yesterday fishing the back country shallow water of the 10,000 islands. From before we got to the boat through cleaning our fish, Mike was prepared for everything and anything that could happen. We caught bait with shrimp, sabiki rigs, and Mike threw the net (which a lot of lazy captains don't do!!). We fished for and caught snook, redfish, trout, and had shots site fishing for tarpon and permit! We saw manatee, stingrays, and sharks on the flats. And we targeted larger fish, missing some, breaking other unknowns off, and landing a 7 foot 150 pound lemon shark, a 200 pound + nurse shark, and a speedy little reef shark.

With very little experience fishing for this species or in this area at all, we felt extremely comfortable and safe with Captain Mike Merritt. And....we were in fish ALL day. Every time a spot got quiet, we moved to another location. Mike worked really hard and it was obvious he cared about us not only getting strikes, but landing the fish! Mike also taught us both a few tricks on setting hooks and playing fish too.

If you are visiting this area and want to see the park from the water, or if you are a fisherman, I highly recommend Captain Mike Merritt. We will go back and fish with Captain Mike Merritt every time we visit the 10,000 Islands, Chokoloskee, Everglades City area!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Took my 16-year old son and his best friend out for their first-ever salt water sport fishing trip with Captain Mike. They had an unbelievable day they will never forget. He took them to several different locations where they caught two trophy snook, each over 3-ft in length, a big tarpon, an 8-ft lemon shark, a 6-ft bull shark, two black-tip sharks, a sting ray and several pompano and trout. Not to mention the two enormous tarpon and snook the boys couldn't quite land, but gave them a great fight and show. They were worn out by day's end, but what an amazing memory Mike made happen for both of them. He was patient, instructional and very personable.

2  Thank John L
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a blast. I have fished South Florida dozens of times with many different guides. Capt. Mike is hands-down the best guide I have ever seen. We caught trophy snook, tarpon, blacktail and bull shark, Pampano, trout and an assortment of other fish. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is looking for a incredible fishing trip!!

1  Thank Richard G