“Great guide”

Captain Mike Merritt's Native Guide Service
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Chokoloskee
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Fishing Charters in the Everglades National Park. Fishing out of Chokoloskee Island Resort. Fishing the Everglades 10,000 Islands for redfish, trout, snook, tarpon, and cobia. I have 1/2 day and full day fishing charters available year round. $650. Per day, $475, 1/2 day charter. I am a native Floridian, and a 3rd generation fisherman of this area and know how to put you on fish I know if you are a happy client you will recommend me to others so I work hard to make my clients happy.
“Great guide”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We fish with a large group, and Capt. Mike organizes the guides for 15 to 20 guys and girls twice a year. We have always had a great experience...great fishing! Ed

Needham, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Chokoloskee Fishing Guide”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Capt. Mike is an excellent guide for snook, redfish and other Southwest Florida game species. He works hard, and is very knowledgeable and patient. He was responsive to my desire to spend some time fly casting and put me on fish well within my reach. I have fished with many guides in this area and would rate Capt. Mike among the best.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“A real professional”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Have fished many waters with good guides. Captain Mike is one of the best. He knows the local water and how to develop a plan that fits the tides and weather conditions. We have fished with Mike for many years in both the Spring and Fall, targeting snook and reds. He has excellent equipment and can work well with both beginners and experienced anglers.

Flower Mound, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Capt. Mike is the best I've seen...”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Capt. Mike is the person to see if you want a great day of touring and fishing the waterways around Chokoloskee Island. For those who fish, Capt Mike has an impressive knowledge of the Ten Thousand Islands' native species-- he knows how, and where to go, to pull in the best catch. His extensive local knowledge is derived from his days growing up in Everglades City.

I've had the pleasure of going on two charters with Capt Mike Merritt, and I was able to take my teenaged son along for the second experience. It's important to note that neither of us are highly experienced anglers!

Capt. Mike's a lot of fun! He was amazingly patient with my 14-year old son, and my boy was so excited to catch some the biggest fish of his life. Capt. Mike put us on around 12 different species of fish throughout the day. We can't wait to tour more Florida waterways with Capt. Mike.

Visited September 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great knowledgable fishing guide”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My son and I had 2 great fishing days with Capt. Mike. We caught the Everglades "grand slam" each day--snook, trout, redfish. Mike put us on BIG snook and lots of trout and redfish. Mike has fished these waters since childhood and knows all the spots and techniques to find fish. We plan to return for another charter. You can't go wrong with Capt Mike.

Visited June 2012