“A real professional”

Captain Mike Merritt's Native Guide Service
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Chokoloskee
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Fishing Charters in the Everglades National Park. Fishing out of Chokoloskee Island Resort. Fishing the Everglades 10,000 Islands for redfish, trout, snook, tarpon, and cobia. I have 1/2 day and full day fishing charters available year round. $650. Per day, $475, 1/2 day charter. I am a native Floridian, and a 3rd generation fisherman of this area and know how to put you on fish I know if you are a happy client you will recommend me to others so I work hard to make my clients happy.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Have fished many waters with good guides. Captain Mike is one of the best. He knows the local water and how to develop a plan that fits the tides and weather conditions. We have fished with Mike for many years in both the Spring and Fall, targeting snook and reds. He has excellent equipment and can work well with both beginners and experienced anglers.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Capt. Mike is the person to see if you want a great day of touring and fishing the waterways around Chokoloskee Island. For those who fish, Capt Mike has an impressive knowledge of the Ten Thousand Islands' native species-- he knows how, and where to go, to pull in the best catch. His extensive local knowledge is derived from his days growing up in Everglades City.

I've had the pleasure of going on two charters with Capt Mike Merritt, and I was able to take my teenaged son along for the second experience. It's important to note that neither of us are highly experienced anglers!

Capt. Mike's a lot of fun! He was amazingly patient with my 14-year old son, and my boy was so excited to catch some the biggest fish of his life. Capt. Mike put us on around 12 different species of fish throughout the day. We can't wait to tour more Florida waterways with Capt. Mike.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My son and I had 2 great fishing days with Capt. Mike. We caught the Everglades "grand slam" each day--snook, trout, redfish. Mike put us on BIG snook and lots of trout and redfish. Mike has fished these waters since childhood and knows all the spots and techniques to find fish. We plan to return for another charter. You can't go wrong with Capt Mike.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Had a really great time fishing with Capt. Mike. We caught alot of reds 40-50 both days. We also caught trout and a flounder. It was one of the best days of fishing I have ever had. Lots of action!! Will definately go again. Not only was the fishing great, but the scenery is so beautiful. The winter time is the best time to go for wildlife. I seen osprey, eagles, white pelicans, and spoonbills. The weather was pleasant. Capt. Mike said the best time to come for Tarpon is May, reds usually run in big schools in early August. I am already planning my next trip!!