“Fishing with Capt. Kurt”

Captain Rapps, LLC - Fishing Charters
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Chokoloskee
More attraction details
Owner description: Thank you so much for your interest in Captain Rapps' Charters and Guides. We have an incredible fleet of top notch captains and boats ready to take you and your friends and family out for a memorable day on the water here in the 10,000 Islands of the Everglades National Park, FL. We have two convenient departing locations just south of Naples and Marco Island, from Everglades City and Chokoloskee, Florida. Here at Captain Rapps' Charters and Guides, we cater to men, women, and children of all ages, experienced or not. Between our vast knowledge & experience of the area, and easy going demeanors, I guarantee you will have a great day on the water. We offer 4, 6, and 8 hour trips. The trips are all private charters so you will be the only people on the boat. They book up fast so be sure to make your appointment well in advance. Visit our informative web site where you can book your trip right online 24/7. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon! Capt Pete Rapps - Captain Rapps, LLC
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Mebane, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing with Capt. Kurt”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Fished with Captain Kurt 2 days in March, 2014. We had a great time and caught some good fish. Capt. Kurt was super. We enjoyed him very much. He was patient, funny, knew his business and did everything he could to help us catch fish. All in all, it was a great experience. Rest assured, next time I plan a trip in the area, I will charter with Captain Rapps Guided Fishing Adventures!

Visited March 2014

Venice, Florida
“Fishing with Cpt. Kurt”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I fished with Cpt. Kurt for two full days with my son and son in law. Equipment was very good and Spyder wire 10 lb line enabled us to cast far and accurately to the base of mangroves and edge of oyster bars with good control. Used jigs with Gulp or shrimp with/without popping corks mainly. He accommodated what we wanted to do with what he thought would produce fish. Encountered snook, black drum, and trout plus other incidental fish. Best snook was 31 inches, best black drum was 18 1/2 lbs and best trout was 4 1/2 lbs with all larger fish released. Did keep a few other fish for the table. Conditions were not ideal with some wind and cloudy water but Kurt new where and how we could catch fish. We mainly targeted locations that might hold larger fish but at times we went to locations with more numbers than size. Never got bored. Thoroughly enjoyed fishing with Cpt. Kurt. I thought about bringing my own boat down but local knowledge is very important in these waters and I am glad we chose a guide and Kurt is a good one.

Visited March 2014
Loveland, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Talking about having a great day!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I recently took a guided trip with Captain Kurt with Rapps Chapters. Talk about having a great day. Everything we ask of Captain Kurt he did and the weather was perfect. We were not that interested in bagging fish we just want to try and catch some fish we have never caught, Snook and we did just that! We also ran across a bunch of Black Drum and boy was the fight on. We even caught a Spanish Mackerel and a tiny Blow Fish. Looking for a great day of fishing with a very good guide that knows the area where to find fish, Captain Kurt is your man.

Visited February 2014
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great day on the water with Capt Pete's Charters!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I went fishing with Captain Kurt of Captain Pete's charter service yesterday and had a fantastic time. Nearly every spot Captain Kurt put us in had fish action and if it slowed down we were off to a new spot. He worked non-stop from start to finish to keep us on fish. He had a great personality and sense of humor. He was also informative about the various fish and techniques needed to catch them. We caught 8 different species of fish during the course of the day. While we released most of what we caught we did take home plenty of fish to eat as well. We also saw dolphins and other wildlife as we enjoyed a great boat ride both to and from the fishing spots around the islands. On our return we were greeted by Captain Pete who gave us some seasonings to use on our fish which Captain Kurt filleted and bagged for us. All in all it was a great day with an outfit that knows how to show it's customers a great time. Makes me sorry I have to wait until next year's visit to go again.

Visited February 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent Fishing, Excellent Charter”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Enjoyed every minute of our half-day fishing charter with Captain Pete! Two adults & two teenagers - not one complaint! Not only did we catch a variety of fish in different spots, we saw dolphins (which came close to the boat) and a variety of birds, and we also learned about the importance of the Everglades and some history of Chokoloskee. Capt. Pete is reliable, genuine, knowledgeable and fun ~ would book with him again in a heartbeat!

Visited December 2013