“Stay Somewhere Else”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chipley
Tallahassee
“Stay Somewhere Else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

This property is in need of a serious remodel. The room was dirty, tub cracked, and I saw trash and condom wrappers behind the bed. The only plus is that I used the remainder of my reward points for a free room. I'm switching to another hotel brand.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank hookupman
Akhil B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley, responded to this review, February 6, 2014

Akhil B
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lake Wales, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel was average. The only dissatisfaction that stands out to me is the low water pressure. The pool and hot tub were nice. They offer complimentary continental breakfast. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Akhil B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley, responded to this review, September 14, 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel should not be allowed to be classified under the Choice Hotel status. Hotel rep could care less about our comfort..... asked for a blanket, but was told she wasn't allowed to give us one. The wireless internet went down and she said she couldn't do anything to help me. She did say "I have internet, but probably because I'm connected to the router." The beds are hard and pillows are cotton balls, the tub drain was broken, desk chair torn, and the hotel side door was not operable.

I will be calling Choice Hotel's Corporate to notify them of this terrible experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

850-415-1111

Travelers are raving about these Chipley hotels

Safety Harbor, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was a nice property with good staff, however the bedding was poor, compared to other Choice Hotels. The mattress was very firm. Water pressure in shower was extremely slow. Very small towels. Hot breakfast was OK. Probably would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Barefoot Bay, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is just another Choice hotel room. It is clean and quiet. a good bed and a great staff. The free breakfast was average -- but free.This is just what I have come to expect from Quality Inns. They seem to be pretty consistent nation wide. However there was a mold problem above the shower head, on the wall of the bath room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I stopped at this hotel for one evening while on the way to the Biloxi area. We rented multiple rooms and had no issues with the rooms. Check in was a little slow but fine.
It was a warm evening and a couple people in our group had planned to go to the pool/jacuzzi area but after seeing a very large snake in the parking lot near the pool we decided to take a cool shower in the room instead. The TV remote in the room needed new batteries but as soon as we requested a new remote we were given one.
This hotel is average. The flowerbed/shrub area could use a little sprucing up. We really had no issues. The large dead snake was still it the parking lot in the same spot when we left the next morning and it would of been nice if it had been removed. My mother was traveling with us and is terrified of snakes. Good beds, older but clean hotel, easy access from I-10, average breakfast, and good a/c.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Panama City, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times in past with no problem. I was clean and comfy as most of the comfort inns we've stayed in. This time was so very different. Almost overnight the qaulity has gone way down. Its horrible; definity not worth stayin again. In fact when we left to see more family and cane back theough to stay again 1night before long drive home, we bypassed this place and discovered awesome Holiday Inn Exp 10 m up I10W in bonifay. GO THERE!!!!! It's so nice. But as far as comfort inn..cheap old raggedy micro and fridge..a s raggedy counter thing where he appliances were literally "thrown" into place! Well, that's how it looked. Overall looked clean enough at first glance, but carpet had bad stains, smelled badly of cumin and/or mold, hair dryer broke twice and guy treated me as if I wEre FIVE!! Did u reset it in plug, is it plugged in, etc. and the beds....SO HARD AND LUMPY!!! Gosh we didn't have a moments sleep for 3days or so we were there! Horrible horrible horrible. And it was all different staff than even previous month we stayed and were nice but not ovey friendly, you know? Old staff much nicer, even remembered us from previous stay!! Not these people. But that's minor. Besides getting adeqaute service for hair dryer, it was mostly room itself with problems. I used febreze plug in (had to go buy) and I brought can of febreze air spray so I went thru a lot!!!! Was extremely disappointed to the point my sore back and sleep deprivation made me and hubby and our kid even, very moody and bi***y!! Our whole family visit/vacay was really ruined. I do believe this hotel was bought out and they "renovated" with all "new". Stuff fromgoodwill!!! There was stains in toilet, graffiti spray painted in pale white kn curtain valance, hair and brown stains kn bedding..none if which was fixed or cleaned when told!! There was mold in jacuzzi jets dust all over everything. They never even changed the bedding with stains on it!! Yuck!! The blanket also has holes in it! I am so mad to have paid $150 for this room!! I would very much like st least half my money back which I doubt ever happens! And I did post photos on he trip advisor site but somehow they disappeared as quickly as I posted them. Hmmmm.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank 1goofymomma

850-415-1111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipley
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna
Days Inn Marianna
Days Inn Marianna
#5 of 12 in Marianna

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley? Share your experiences!