“Not bad for mid price hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chipley
SWFL
“Not bad for mid price hotel”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We came to NW Florida to visit family. We arrived late Friday night and greeted very well. We chose a non smoking and there was no stale smell. Choose this before you chk in so you Don't need febreeze. We chose the king size bed which was very comfortable as I actually had a back injury and slept very well. The hotel was quite, our room was clean and fresh. It has mini frig and free wifi. Our room also had work desk. The price was reasonable and staff was friendly. It's not a five star hotel but worth the money and centrally located to the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Akhil B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley, responded to this review, September 14, 2014

850-415-1111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was skeptical about stopping in such a small town, but we had a tire blowout and didn't have a choice. I'm pretty satisfied with our decision to stay. All the staff was super personable and friendly- they made sure we had everything we needed and were available when needed. They gave us a King Suite for like $80. It was clean, bug free, and comfortable. The price was surprisingly low. The only thing is the room had some damage to it (small hole on the shower and above the AC unit). It was still really nice for the money. Clean, new and reasonable. I'd definitly stay there again :)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Sadime

East Central Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed overnight at this property on a $69 coupon special published in a Interstate coupon book. The property looks fairly well kept from the outside, check-in was unremarkable. The room was reasonably clean, with the exception of a dusty television top that would have taken two seconds for Housekeeping to wipe down, but they didn't. Bedsheets were worn but serviceable. The bathroom was clean, the bathroom faucet had a constant drip that could not be turned off, medium hard towels. Plenty of hot water in the tub shower with good pressure.

I used the pool & hot tub during this trip, the pool area was in fairly good order but the heat was turned low on the hot tub (many hotels are doing this to economize on cost). No hot water on the pool shower, cold only. What I thought was different was that pool towels at this property had to be obtained from only the front desk, and when you were done you took the wet pool towel right back to the front desk. Why walk through the lobby with wet feet/shower shoes and give your used towel to the clerk when a hamper poolside would suffice? Different thought processes at work here folks.

What killed this property deader then yesterday's fish, in my opinion, was the POOR quality of the bedding. The king bed in my room was the original Backwrecker 2000. Lumpy, hard mattress with plenty of body impression. I had to spend about 20 minutes under the shower the next morning to get my back into a semblence of working order, and naturally I did NOT have a restful night sleep. Hotels that skimp on bedding are a recipe for disaster.

Breakfast buffet in the morning was of mediocre quality, old food items that were dried out were the order of the day. The buffet was not that clean, and there was a small area to eat with not enough capacity. I ate standing up by the lobby since all the tables were full, half of them occupied with people just socializing. Also... on checkout, I noticed later on my folio that the amount for "State Tax" was charged at over 10% of the room rate. Washington County charges 7% state sales tax. Hmmmmmm......

In summary this was NOT a memorable stay and most certainly not a good value, in my opinion, for the amount charged by the property. Would I go back to this property? Maybe if I was sheltering from a hurricane and the Red Cross vouchered me. With a Quality Inn located within a few hundred feet, this just made my choice much easier!

Room Tip: Inspect the room and try the bedding BEFORE you pay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank elc32955

850-415-1111

Travelers are raving about these Chipley hotels

Port Wentworth, Georgia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I went to this hotel this past weekend for a friends wedding in Chipley and I regret almost every moment of it. The sheets and bed skirts were filthy. When we told the front desk clerk upon checking out, she (the older black woman) acted as if she was appalled. We arrived late Friday night and the receptionist (the young black lady) that was checking us in was very sweet. It was her first night on the job by herself therefore she was not fully knowledgable on how to take care of certain things like switching my husband and I's double beds room to a king size bed room. When we 1st walked into the room the smell was over-taking. The smell was undescribable. I had to constantly spray my Febreze. I had to go to Walmart to get sheets to sleep on and rags and towels to use to wash because I was uncomfortable using their's. When I walked by a room that housekeeping was cleaning, they only changed the sheets and left the top comforter and the 2nd cover from the previous customers on the bed. I was really uncomfortable staying there but it was the best hotel that Chipley had to offer and we promised our friends that we would come to their wedding. If I was to give a word of advice it would be to staty in Panama City and not Chipley.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 104 which was terrible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mrs_Clarke32

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I've stayed here before because I like the Comfort Inn name and the rooms, price and service have never disappointed me. Also, I come to Chipley every year for a family reunion and several of my family members stay here. However, this particular time, I had a very difficult time getting cell phone service even though I have a phone from a national carrier (AT&T). I asked the front desk clerk if she knew of anyone else having trouble getting a signal. She told me that AT&T did not have a tower in Chipley. She made several recommendations: I could go up to the 3rd floor to see if I could get a better signal, I could go out by the street or drive around to try to get a signal. This was a little frustrating but I was impressed that she did try to help and was very polite.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This property is well maintained as Comfort Inns uttsually are. The night shift was very helpfull
in getting a room on the 1st floor near the desk and eating area. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was good as was the room price.
If you are heading east or west on I-10 and it is dark be watchfull or you will miss the exit and go about two miles and make a U turn.

Room Tip: Really does not make a difference
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Good hotel for the money and comfortable, clean. Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

850-415-1111

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipley
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Days Inn Marianna
Days Inn Marianna
#5 of 12 in Marianna

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley? Share your experiences!