“"You Get What You Pay For!!!!!"”

Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chipley
Port Wentworth, Georgia
“"You Get What You Pay For!!!!!"”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I went to this hotel this past weekend for a friends wedding in Chipley and I regret almost every moment of it. The sheets and bed skirts were filthy. When we told the front desk clerk upon checking out, she (the older black woman) acted as if she was appalled. We arrived late Friday night and the receptionist (the young black lady) that was checking us in was very sweet. It was her first night on the job by herself therefore she was not fully knowledgable on how to take care of certain things like switching my husband and I's double beds room to a king size bed room. When we 1st walked into the room the smell was over-taking. The smell was undescribable. I had to constantly spray my Febreze. I had to go to Walmart to get sheets to sleep on and rags and towels to use to wash because I was uncomfortable using their's. When I walked by a room that housekeeping was cleaning, they only changed the sheets and left the top comforter and the 2nd cover from the previous customers on the bed. I was really uncomfortable staying there but it was the best hotel that Chipley had to offer and we promised our friends that we would come to their wedding. If I was to give a word of advice it would be to staty in Panama City and not Chipley.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 104 which was terrible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mrs_Clarke32
Akhil B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley, responded to this review, September 14, 2014

850-415-1111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I've stayed here before because I like the Comfort Inn name and the rooms, price and service have never disappointed me. Also, I come to Chipley every year for a family reunion and several of my family members stay here. However, this particular time, I had a very difficult time getting cell phone service even though I have a phone from a national carrier (AT&T). I asked the front desk clerk if she knew of anyone else having trouble getting a signal. She told me that AT&T did not have a tower in Chipley. She made several recommendations: I could go up to the 3rd floor to see if I could get a better signal, I could go out by the street or drive around to try to get a signal. This was a little frustrating but I was impressed that she did try to help and was very polite.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This property is well maintained as Comfort Inns uttsually are. The night shift was very helpfull
in getting a room on the 1st floor near the desk and eating area. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was good as was the room price.
If you are heading east or west on I-10 and it is dark be watchfull or you will miss the exit and go about two miles and make a U turn.

Room Tip: Really does not make a difference
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Good hotel for the money and comfortable, clean. Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 10, 2012

This is a hotel that I stayed at frequently over the last few years. The last few stays have convinced me to search for other accomodations along this route. The wireless which was adequate in the past, is now so slow as to be unusable (forget VPN-can't stay connected). The breakfast was always suspect, as continental breakfasts usually are, but even that has declined in quality and variety. The desk staff is more interested in watching tv on the computer than assisting. Maybe that explains why there is no bandwidth.... At any rate, there are better alternatives 20 miles east.

• Stayed January 2012

Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Just off the I-10 and there are few fast-food restaurants nearby. Okay for a quick stop-over. Do not expect the ambience of a typical Comfort Inn because the hotel is a bit older. Our room was large and bed was comfortable. However, we were put off by the food crumbs and rubbish on the sofa mattress and under the sofa itself. Breakfast was standard with free parking and wifi.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Arkansas
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We had two king rooms. The room smelled good when we walked in, bathroom was clean. The beds were Serta pillow top and very comfortable. We were right next to an elevator-didn't even hear it. Breakfast- waffles, scrambled and boiled eggs, and the usual cereals, pastries, yoghurt, etc.

• Stayed December 2011

850-415-1111

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipley
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Days Inn Marianna
Days Inn Marianna
#4 of 12 in Marianna

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley? Share your experiences!