“AWESOME”

Seacrest Wolf Preserve
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Chipley
Reviewed June 3, 2013

loved the pups spring is a good time to come so you can hold babies. They could structure the tours diffrently to optimize the exprerience but still worth it. The owner is about education of conservation and could get his point across better if he wasn't so talky. The groups should be smaller so all can hear the stories better. if you ever wanted to expreience something like this i would highly reccommend this!

There are newer reviews for Seacrest Wolf Preserve

Reviewed June 1, 2013

For less than the price of admission to most zoos, at Seacrest Wolf Preserve, you can actually interact with the animals. Though the weather during our visit ranged from 95 degrees and sunny to POURING down rain, I still had the time of my life. We went at a great time, because they had new wolf pups! We spent half an hour or more holding and playing with different pups before starting the tour of the large adult enclosures. One of the wolves, Liberty, actually lay down next to my boyfriend and me for about five minutes and just let us pet him. We got to howl at the wolves and see them howl back, learn about the history of wolves and modern threats to them, and witness pack behavior first hand. A wolf even licked my face! Plus, at the end you can play with arctic and gray foxes, ground hogs, and skunks and feed a raccoon. I can't believe I was lucky enough to have this amazing experience.

At first, I was very annoyed to learn that you could only bring disposable cameras into the enclosures. However, after being there, I totally understand this rule. It POURED rain on our trip and at one point I was literally crawling in mud to play with a wolf. The wolves also really like nibbling on cameras. Had I brought my expensive digital camera, I don't think I would have retuned with it. And you can buy great pro photos at the end, so don't let that rule dissuade you!

2  Thank Morgan K
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A totally unique experience. Educational and a labor of love for the team that runs the preserve. YES, you absolutely get up close and personal with wolves. You learn and observe their behaviors, learn about the preserve's history and how this grand effort came to be and have interesting stories about many of the packs and indivdual wolves along the way. It is a FULL day...we started round 10:30 holding and socializing newborn pups and then did the two pack tours and then took in the small animals. Absolutely exceptional experience for the kids - get them out and away from the video games for a change and they will be mesmerized. This gem is about an hour out of Panama City Beach. You will have to wear long pants, sleeved shirts (short) and not have items dangling (caps, glasses, purses are all things teenage wolves covet and like to take. You WILL be touching and petting, you WILL be walking up and down minor hills, you WILL be in a group (ours was ~125) and you will remember the experience - always. I can't say enough positive things about this program. No matter your feelings about wolves, there is an opportunity to connect and to see the cause and effect wolves have on ecosystems. Lots of volunteers do a great job assisting and everyone wants you to have a spectacular memory. Go!- it's absolutely a 'must do'. Memorial Day weekend was getting pretty warm - the following weekend, the hours will change to later in the day so it won't be so hot. For best wolf presentation - go in the winter, their coats are full and fluffy. Yes our group was large, but it's all about attitude. The team makes sure everyone has the experience and can get their photos.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Can you actually go inside enclosures with actual wolf packs? I've been twice, the first time back in May of 2011 and a second time this past January. Both times I had a great and truly memorable experience. I definitely recommend going in the cooler months because there is a marked different in the "fluffiness" of the wolves, but really, whenever you go you'll have a great time. The couple that runs the preserve truly are a passionate people and you'll end up learning a lot over the course of the 1.5-2 hrs that the experience lasts. If you're someone who's a little more shy and concerned that you might be the only person there, don't worry, both times I went there were at least 20-30 other people there so you won't be alone or have to worry about cancellations or anything. Just make sure you have good directions!

1  Thank FlWhiteWolf
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I loved being able to actually touch and interact wih wolves, foxes, skunks and more! Very few places allow visitors to actually interact with the animals like Seacrest. The wolves were amazing, and very social! My favorite was Luci, the Arctic fox. Very active and curious, she allowed everyone to pet her, and even jumped up on the shoulders of one of the members of our group! She "buried" her toy in my lap, and later came and asked for it back. The volunteers were great, offering to take pictures of you with the animals, and telling all about them. I especially enjoyed the children who were volunteers with the small animals. They were quite knowledgeable and very friendly and helpful. I plan to visit again in the early summer, and am hoping to be able to play with the wolf puppies!

1  Thank Islandgirl2992