“Took friends here for dinner”
Review of Bett's Big T

Bett's Big T
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Chiefland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have a weekend cabin nearby and brought friends here for dinner. We had come for breakfast so thought it would be a good dinner spot. It is even better for dinner!!! The salads are huge and the dinners come with great sides. Best of all the seafood is so fresh. Right off the boat.
The service is spectacular - it's like family taking care of you. Friday and Saturday nights they have all you can eat seafood and they are serious about all you can eat. Our friends are foodies and they loved it! Great prices too. We have already been back once and will return again.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Went here for a family dinner on a Friday night. Friday and Saturday they have an all-you-can-eat seafood option. The food is great. The place used to be an old truck stop. It appears rustic and dated from the outside, but that's part of of the ambiance. This place has history. Aside form that, the platters are enormous. I've seen some reviews about how much the servers come to the table, but I don't see that as a bad thing. The food is good and the service is good. Highly recommend stopping in, especially for the all-you-can-eat seafood deal.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Every time I eat there the food is fresh and the service is always top notch. The tea is always freshly made and the table's are bussed quickly and always clean

Reviewed May 13, 2014

4 of the 5 of us ordered breakfast, 1 ordered lunch. ALL dishes were fantastic!! My husband & I have eaten here before but it's been at least 20 years!! We were holding our breath that it was still good since our friends were here, Food was prepared like we ordered. Our waitress was very attentive but not overbearing. Will return when in the area.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

A bad experience from the beginning. We arrived before noon. The waitress swarmed us before we barely had time to crack the menu. The place at the time was not busy, but she came right back after being told that we needed a few minutes to look at the menu. Then she came back again and again, basically forcing us to go ahead and order. They have daily "specials," but don't have the price in the menu. I asked if I could just order chicken strips without the veggies. You would've thought I asked the waitress to solve a geometry equation. She said it would probably be $5.99, so I just went ahead and ordered the three veggies with it. The sides on the menu were numbered. For example, number 3 was greens. They have a dry erase board with the numbers on it, and you have to match the menu number to the board number. Of course we didn't know that, but she acted as if we should know.

She brought out corn bread (I didn't have it, but my friend said it was cooked in bacon grease) and rolls. The butter was in a plastic condiment container with a lid. When my friend opened it to butter his bread, it had a long black hair in it that match the waitress's hair. I almost gagged. The only reason I didn't complain about the hair or cancel my meal was because my friend wanted to eat there. The chicken strips were basically one of those flattened, previously frozen chicken breast cut into "strips." It was very oily and salty. The macaroni and cheese was decent, but also loaded with salt. The lima beans had NO flavor even though there was ham it. The cole slaw, I didn't even try, but it was the very finely chopped, runny dive slaw.

I can't believe that anyone found this food acceptable. I have reviewed many places and I don't think I've ever given one a terrible rating before. There has to be something better than this in Chiefland.

3  Thank tastebuddy2011