“Watch out for the Resort Fee!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Evergreen, Colorado
“Watch out for the Resort Fee!”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I was impressed by the lobby as it was spacious and well decorated for my $44.95 room fee. Upon check-in, a "resort fee" was was added to each night which in my mind is somewhat of a bait and switch tactic especially since there is no resort amenities. My $45 room with tax and extortion fee comes to $55.88.

To add insult to injury, I went to take a shower and found out that there was no soap or shampoo in the room, so off to the front desk once more.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KSTravler10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Czech first
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We booked this hotel because it had ever thing we wanted for our Disney vacation...or so we thought. We were looking for a hotel with a free shuttle to the Disney parks, free breakfast, heated pool, queen size beds, a refridgerator and microwave, free wifi, free parking, and close to Disney. The location was excellent. It only took a few minutes to drive to Disney, and there were many tourist shops and restaurants in the vicinity. However, we did not feel safe in the neighborhood, as there were many questionable locals walking about. As far as the free shuttle goes we felt very ripped off when we found out it only ran once a day and we ended up just driving to the parks. The free breakfast was horrible too. It consisted of toaster waffles, bread, stale danishes, muffins, cereal, milk, and juice. The OJ tasted horrible, like someone dumped a bottle of lemon juice in it. The worst part of breakfast was the fact that you had to wait by the toaster for 10 minutes to toast your waffle/toast because the toasters were so old they did not toast. I never once had my toast actually brown and we stayed at this hotel 5 nights. The heated pool was luke warm at best and there was no hot tub. The pool was also dirty and had sand at the bottom. The outside of the hotel was old and needed serious updating. It looked creepy from the outside and the grounds were not well maintained. The laundry room was very dirty, and looked like the floor had not been swept in forever. The lobby was very beautiful, but I didn't spend much time in the lobby so it didn't do me much good. The free WiFi was very slow. We booked directly on the Baymont website, and when we got to the hotel we were upgraded to a kidsuite for free. My son loved having his own little room with bunk beds and TV. The beds were fairly comfortable, and the fridge is nice size with a freezer on top. The main complaint I have with the room is that it was dirty and poorly maintained. The tub looked gross and we all wore flip flops in the shower. The toilet was dirty also, and the bathroom smelled of urine. We were never supplied with enough towels, and we called to request more, but they were never brought. We were woke up every morning by people in the exterior corritors. Kids running on the corridors is especially loud. Overall the amenities of this hotel outweighted the bad, and we ended up staying for our full reservation eventhough we considered leaving at first glance.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank bethandfam

Travelers are raving about these Celebration hotels

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We booked this hotel via Hotwire and got an insane rate. After staying there for 3 days, I would absolutely book this hotel direct again. The hotel is less than 3/4 of a mile...maybe 1/2 mile from World Drive, which is the "Disney Highway" and direct route to all parks and recreation on property....a key road (trust me I'm a former Orlando local).

The hotel staff was very accomidating and upon our request for a room large enough for me, my wife, 4 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old...they very graciously upgraded us to the "Kids Suite or Kid Kondo". The room was fairly larger the room was fairly larger than a standard room, had a queen bed, separate "enclave" psuedo room between the bedroom and bath that had bunk beds & a twin bed. The room had a very large TV and the Disney "promo" channel was their favorite to watch.

I have to interject here that the lobby of this hotel is breath-taking. Please see my pictures, you will not believe this hotel has this lobby!

The room itself was pretty nice. Clearly the spent a fortune upgrading this hotel. Dark wood entertainment center with tons of drawers and two closets, plus a desk & 42" lcd tv all wrapped up into one. Between that and the bath (see pictures) there was a mini - kitchenette that had a mid sized refriderator (at least double or triple size of standard mini fridge, plus it had it's own freezer), ample storage for groceries, microwave and sink.

The bathroom vanity was beautifully upgrade with marble counters and lots of space. Standard hotel bathroom with toilet and tub / bath - nothing fancy here.

Overall - I'd rate this place so high because the rates are amazing. They have a really nice staff, Maxine in the breakfast area was sooooo nice to my kids and they have maintenance crew constantly fixing and changing stuff out which is great for an older property....that means they are taking care of it!

If you have kids...get the kids suite / kondo - it's great. I do wish the master bed was a bit softer, but after a long day at Disney - who cares?

By the way, door to door to the Magic Kingdom was about 11 minutes....amazing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Jeff_Cantrell
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The date up top is not right, My family stayed December 2009, Christmas week, and never left florida until 17 days later, but only stayed at baymont for 7 days.
I just read the lady's review and she described the exact Baymont we stayed in last year for Christmas. It was booked through Christmas week....She is correct with the price. And there is only one tv, which is gorgeous.
The flaw in the design is that there is wasted space by the second beside and by the bedside window...and there should be a pocket door to the bathroom so as not to hit the people in the Kithenette. Fridge and microwave excellent.
Kithcen/bathroom mirror area wonderful..tight space..
Now when we arrived, the staff is beyond friendly....
The toilet plugged and we had to find a plunger, it was by the ice machine
There was a hole in the room at the bottom of the interior wall beside the second bed, we plugged it with a sock as no one could fix it.
The Beds are the most comfortable in the world, never did i feel any pain, although, the sheets would nto stay on the bed.
Towels were lacking as they were busy
There is only one computer for the whole hotel
The breakfast was not great at all, i did grab coffee and muffin that was good
The ac was falling off the wall almost, but it worked.
We stayed the 7 nights and found another place to stay, and did have to call before we left to get a credit from the online site, a month later still no credit, called the baymont and they gave me the manager and within a day there was a credit, he had to fax the other company, and he did...( i found out the info, fax # etc)
Beautiful pool, great courtyard, there are many plusses but there are def minuses. .. but can be fixed, especially with more staff during high season...and they were booked christmas of 2009.
I know there are 2 sides to every story and i really want the truth...is it a dump? NO is it someplace I would recomend? No...too small for 4 people. Was it worth $79 night ? $44 per night low season? NO.
I did call someone at the site I booked this on...and he told me to write an email about everything, but i thought it would not do any good...I have listed the pros and cons about this hotel, truthfully, and with respect, I feel it was more the on line booking agent that failed as she sold me tickets to universal islands of adventure city walk, while knowing we were on the other side of universal!!! My husband and I are returning to florida and have seduled some interesting stuff, and i have researced hotels myself this time not let a stranger on the phone pick for me...No hard feelings, we never seen any bugs.
That is when i would have said enough!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rainbow022
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Dusty, on 3rd day we left our towels on the floor for change but they forgot and we had to go to the lobby personally b/c they did not have staff. Left us without paper toilet and again we had to pick up. We arrived 10 minutes b/f free complimentary breakfast was to be closed (we admit we shoul have been there earlier) but the staff YANKED, yes yanked away our foamed cups a quickly put away the cereal, I mean, is there a reason to be uncourteous to four adults? Just awful.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank Lgbroq
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed January 13, 2011

My nephew and I stayed overnight the day before our cruise. I usually stay 2-3 weeks when I come to DisneyWorld. But I usually stay at the Baymont at 4156 W Vine street (great place!). Since my nephew's timeshare is right down the road at Silver Lake Resort, I was looking for a new place to stay before I move over to his timeshare. I was hoping this hotel would suit me but unfortunately, for me, it had two serious flaws. The lack of table/chairs in the room and the breakfast buffet. I am basing this upon how long I usually stay and what I need in a hotel room during that stay.

The room is exactly how it is pictured in the online photos. The room was spacious, clean, and very nice. Beautifully furnished! The beds/pillows are very comfy but I did miss having a spread. The colored pieces at the bottom of the bed are only as big as shown. The flat-screen television is great with nice reception/channels. This room reminded me of a more expensive hotel room. If you are only going to be staying a few days, it was a great place to be.

The big flaw was that when they redecorated the room that they did not replace the two chairs and table. There is a very nice refrigerator (bigger than normal) along with a microwave and kitchenette. But there is only the one chair in the room that is situated at the desk/TV/Internet area. Since my nephew is usually working on the laptop/Internet, he has the only chair. That leaves me (and anyone) else only the bed to eat upon and sit. The staff said that this table and chairs would not be coming back. What were they thinking when they remodeled this hotel? Why have a kitchenette if there is nowhere to eat the food? If you do eat on the bed, there will probably be spills and crumbs left behind. What were they thinking (or not thinking)?

Also, the desk area does not have an overhead light. I usually write postcards and letters using the table with chairs. But now there is only the desk area (usually inhabited by my nephew) to write at. I could drag the standing lamp to this desk but wouldn't it have been easier to put in an overhead light?

The breakfast buffet was awful. I swear they got the croissants, donuts, and bagels from the 3-day old store. The selection was fine - just not very fresh. I loved the orange juice - very tasty. Unfortunately, the toaster for the waffles was underpowered. The waffles came out barely warm. It would take you 2-3 tries to get a hot waffle. But there is a long line of people behind you so I ate what I got. The cream cheese was off-tasting. However, I ate it and didn't get sick so it was okay just weird tasting. Normally, I would just eat at the Sizzler down the street ($3.99 w coupon) but we were heading out to Tampa that morning and needed to be on our way.

Our room faced the inner courtyard which was very nice looking and was quiet. The elevators were fine and worked all the time.

The staff were very gracious and friendly (gee, I wish I could stay at this place longer. It had ALMOST everything I was looking for). Even when I complained about the lack of table and chairs, they still were very nice. I couldn't fault them at all.

This hotel has one of the best locations for visiting DisneyWorld. Sherberth Road (street next to hotel) goes right to Osceola Parkway which is the backroad to DisneyWorld. You miss lots of traffic going in this way instead of using World Drive. There are many great restaurants close by such as Sizzler's ($3.99 breakfast with coupon), Golden Corral, and Cracker Barrel to name a few.

Parking was fine and there were many handicapped parking spaces. There were also LOTS of other parking spaces so there should be no problem finding a space.

I wish this hotel had met my needs. Unfortunately it didn't.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I checked in at 4:00 and was greeted by a friendly staff member. The lobby was beautiful. I was pleasantly surprised when I went into my room. It was so lovely the way it was decorated. I was pleased to see a small freezer and refrigerator, along with a microwave and coffee maker. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the LG tv was huge. The entire staff I came into contact with was pleasant including two different desk clerks, and the ladies working at the breakfast. The only item I would negatively comment on: I was told breakfast featured waffles. Usually when a hotel includes waffles it means they have a waffle making machine and batter which is what some of the other patrons and I expected. The fitness center was a room with 3 treadmills and 2 stationary bikes with a tv. All in all, a wonderful stay. I will be back with my family next time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
Comfort Inn Maingate
Comfort Inn Maingate
#27 of 153 in Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!