“A Great Value At A Nice Inn”

Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Wyckoff, New Jersey
“A Great Value At A Nice Inn”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I checked in at 4:00 and was greeted by a friendly staff member. The lobby was beautiful. I was pleasantly surprised when I went into my room. It was so lovely the way it was decorated. I was pleased to see a small freezer and refrigerator, along with a microwave and coffee maker. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the LG tv was huge. The entire staff I came into contact with was pleasant including two different desk clerks, and the ladies working at the breakfast. The only item I would negatively comment on: I was told breakfast featured waffles. Usually when a hotel includes waffles it means they have a waffle making machine and batter which is what some of the other patrons and I expected. The fitness center was a room with 3 treadmills and 2 stationary bikes with a tv. All in all, a wonderful stay. I will be back with my family next time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Czech first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2010

My family and I pulled into the Baymont around 10pm. We didn't have any reservations and we knew nothing about the hotel. The interior of the lobby looked pretty nice and nothing seemed odd. However, as we were attempting to check it...numerous people made their way back to the front desk. Complaints ranged from "our keys won't open the door" to "there is no toilet paper in the room." I should have left right then, but given the time of night, I just wanted a room. The man at the desk was very polite with everyone (I think his name was Carlos) but with so many people coming to him with complaints, it took him well over 30 minutes to actually get me registered.

After registering we go to the room and whamo - THE KEYS DON'T WORK. Back to the lobby. Ever polite, Carlos re-makes us some room keys and we head back. Next problem, NO TOILET PAPER. Back to the lobby where Carlos calls house service. While waiting for the toilet paper to arrive we attempt to bath....another whamo...NO TOWELS. Back to the lobby. I won't get into the graphic details of what we found under the toilet seat.

I should have walked out right then and there...and next time I encounter something like this I will. The owners need a lesson in hotel management. The poor dude at the front desk should never have been left alone during the Christmas holiday/Disney rush. They should also do some basic inquires as to why house cleaning dropped the ball.

The rooms were fairly clean and contemporary with a large flat screen TV. There was a musty smell, however, and the bathroom had some black mold or something in the upper corner.

I think we paid around $87 for the night. A complete rip-off. GIven the lack of services and everything else, this place should be charging no more than $35 bucks.I will be writing the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber.

Do yourself a favor and don't stay here. You will regret it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank TheDisneyFansFamily

Travelers are raving about these Celebration hotels

robyn654
Reviewed December 24, 2010

First, we are very picky and usually stay on Disney property, but we were looking for a last minute place to stay before our Disney Cruise. We loved this placed, will stay again. Booked through hotwire 20 min before checking in for a great rate, less than $40 a night. Very clean and rooms were spacious, with frigde and microwave. The best was it was clean and the grounds were clean which is hard to come by in Orlando unless you stay on disney property.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Found the hotel through Hotwire and got an amazing deal. This is the best hotel for the money I've stayed in for at least a decade. The rooms are standard size, but have large, flat-screen televisions, a fridge that's twice the size of what you're accustomed to in a hotel, a microwave, coffeemaker, and plenty of space for your clothes. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are standard format, but very clean. The lobby of the hotel is very stylish. The employee at check-in was very nice. Here's the bad: The hotel is far from the Turnpike, far from the Magic Kingdom, and far from the restaurants where we wished to eat. Do you know why the Baymont offers free breakfast? Because nobody in their right mind would pay for it! Our party was 2 adults, a 4 year old, and 2 infants... and the hotel provided two towels. Two towels? I found the exterior hallways of the hotel to be kind of dark, dirty, and far inferior to the quality of the rooms and lobby. But here's the absolute worst part of our entire vacation: I went to the gift shop before breakfast to buy some OTC medicine. Of course the price was twice what it should be at Walgreens, but you'd expect that in a hotel gift shop. What I didn't expect is that the woman clerk tried to charge me sales tax on medicine! Now, I don't know about your state, but FLORIDA DOES NOT CHARGE SALES TAX ON MEDICINE!!! I said this to her and all she did was repeat the price, with tax. "Excuse, but you're not supposed to charge tax on medicine." At that point, she took the medicine out of my hands and said, "Good bye!" Are you kidding me? Hey Baymont, now you know why MY FAMILY WILL NEVER STAY AT ONE OF YOUR HOTELS AGAIN!!! I don't care how good your prices are. I don't care if you give me the room for free- we're not staying with you. I have never been treated so inexcusably badly at any hotel in my entire life.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I recently went to Orlando with a group of friends to enjoy Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I must say the rooms and the staff were exceptional. The only complaint that I had was that the Elevators should be updated as a part of the renovation. Location location location is the name of the game and this places has excelled in that. right behind McDonald's, Denny's and a souvenir store. Great locale minutes away from Animal Kingdom and the Disney Resorts. Best thing ever was the flat screen TV in my room. Enjoyed my stay and will be back again in March.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank miamiboinftl
Naples, Florida
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Great Location, the rooms are CLEAN (belive me I was an Excecutive Housekeeper many years) The building is old. But the rooms are renovated, beds are good, and the price the best!! I was worry because the rate was so low, but I was more than happy and the rest of the family too and we have 2 rooms. The only bad thing is the breakfast is included but was cold, old and the coffee was terrible. The next morning we went to Golden Corral... MMM good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank 3LM
LegacyHotels, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. To have an Executive Housekeeper compliment the cleanliness of the room is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the staff! We do apologize that the Baymont Breakfast Corner did not meet your expectations, but we are in the process of evaluating the items/selections that are currently being offered. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return to our hotel should your travels bring you back to our neighborhood.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I would rate it at 3 1/2 stars GOOD

The location is great for visiting Disney Parks. It is set back away from 192, so you don't hear much traffic. The hotel has exterior hallways and some areas were not well lit, which did concern me a bit. They have a pool area but I cannot comment on that since we did not use.The parking and wireless internet is included, but they do charge a $4.50 plus tax "resort" fee.

Upon arriving at the hotel, our first impression was a good one. The lobby is large and very nicely decorated. The agent that checked is in was polite, efficient and answered all our questions with a smile.

We received a 3rd floor room in Bldg 1 facing the parking lot. The room was clean and appeared recently renovated. Nice furnishings, big flat panel TV and plenty of storage space. Although, the bathroom did seem to have been forgotten in the renovation. The room included a microwave and fridge AND freezer, which was great to keep our drinks cold.

Breakfast was Continental and included in the rate. Slice bread, bagels, croissants, mini doughnuts, muffins and toaster waffles. Four different kinds of cereal & oatmeal packets.OJ, Apple juice, coffee and milk. I appreciated that they had four 4 slice toasters, although one did not work. If a continental breakfast is not for you, there are many options in the area. Breakfast ends at 9AM. The girl that worked the buffet was very nice. She even went around the dining room advising guests that she was about to close the buffet in case they wanted something else.

The hotel is supposed to be non-smoking, but there are always those that feel entitled. I would open my front door and find a man smoking right in front of my door. He was probably our neighbor because you could also smell cigarettes coming through the vents in our bathroom. That did not help my allergies at all. I mentioned this to the girl at check out but she did not seem too concerned. Just said something about people breaking the rules.

I would consider staying here again, if the price is right.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lissete
Our hotel brand takes pride in offering Hometown Hospitality to all our guests. It is nice to hear that our front desk staff and breakfast bar hostesses did their jobs! You are correct, there are some travelers that do not honor our Smoke Free policy, which is very unfortunate for travelers such as yourself. In designing the hotel room, it was important to us to offer items that would make the stay more enjoyable. We receive numerous positive comments on the fridge/freezer combination that was selected to be used. We do hope that your travels bring you back to our neighborhood and that you will be confident in selecting Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Maingate Lakeside Resort
#9 of 152 in Kissimmee
Comfort Inn Maingate
Comfort Inn Maingate
#27 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!