“The hotel was clean and the room was nice!!!We would stay here again!!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed April 21, 2010

The hotel was nice and very clean!!! It was really close to disney world.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
LegacyHotels, Management at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2010

We enjoy reading comments such as yours, and we appreciate sharing them with the public! We do strive to promote Baymont's philosophy of "Hometown Hospitality". We hope that you will select Baymonts for all your travel needs.

Reviewed April 16, 2010

This hotel was relatively inexpensive, but it is old and the premises were quite dirty. The service was mediocre at best. The pool was warm at least, but full of leaves. Our room was decent and clean, and it had a microwave, fridge/freezer, and plenty of cabinets to store things.

One of the biggest things that set me off was that our room key (card) had to be redone four out of the seven nights we were there because it wouldn't work -- the staff excuse was that they were changing the locks in the hotel. It was a pain because we were on the sixth floor and it always happened at night when my wife and I were carrying sleeping kids up to the room. They didn't seem to care or apologize.

It is definitely close to Disney -- about 4 miles driving distance from Magic Kingdom -- and the hotel is right on "the strip" with all the restaurants and stores. Parking is easy.

All this being said, I wouldn't recommend this hotel. If we had to do it over again, we would spend a little extra and go elsewhere, or try another budget hotel with a higher rating. Good luck and happy travels!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
LegacyHotels, Management at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2010

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences with your room keys. We are happy that the "changing of the locks" project is now completed and we hope that our future guests are not inconvenienced the manner in which you were. We do hope that you will select Wyndham Hotel's Baymont Inn & Suites in your future travels.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

I read lots of reviews about this hotel and was very concerned with its ongoing problems. But it looks things have changed a lot since they started the renovation. So I suggest not reading reviews more than a year old.

Basically everything is decent with the hotel: the room, the bed, the bathroom, the room service and the breakfast. The large plasma TV is great if you find the time to watch it. The programming is decent too. A big plus is the heated pool where kids can have lots of fun. There're plenty of parking and you can always find a spot close to your room.

If you come to play at Disney World, this is among the closest spots to all 4 main parks. It takes you literally minutes to any of them. But don't depend on the hotel's shuttle service. Not only is it scarce and late, but it's shared with other hotels. So unless you don't mind getting to the parks late and returning early, forget about the shuttle (I've attached the schedule as a photo). But then again, Disney charges you $14 for parking every day, yikes!

I know many people don't like the timeshare thing. But when I checked with the guy at the corner, he didn't even have any spots left. Not that I know what it's all about, but it looks like a pretty popular thing. Another popular thing is the breakfast. The line can get pretty long if you come down after 8:00am and they close at 9:00am. So maybe they can do something to shorten the wait time.

I have no nice words for the staff though, the front desk in particular. I was checking with them on the phone about transportation before my trip, and the guy just wanted to get rid of me by just saying "yes, we do." And I didn't feel welcome at all when I checked in. When I told them that hot water didn't work they didn't send anybody to check though they said they would. On checking out, I asked the girl what was the charge about, she turned away from me and pretended to speak to her colleague. That was rude, to say the least.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

We appreciate your observations regarding your stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. Your comments are being shared with the Leadership Team of the hotel; all front office employee have been coached: there is no excuse for poor guest services/rude employees; please accept our sincerely apologies. We do hope you continue selecting Baymont Inn & Suites for your future travels wherever you may go.

Reviewed April 10, 2010

I was traveling with two teenager and they love the room.. WHILE staying the toilet broke twice, but they sit some one up to fix the toilet. We had a double suite and the room wa great. This hotel is close to restauranta that you will love to eat. This hotel is close to all disney theme parks. The least thing I didn't like was the breakfast. it was awful. Do not eat it you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration; We are currently evaluating our Baymont Breakfast Corner selections, and offer our apologies that we did not meet your expectations. We do hope your diappointment with our breakfast will not prevent you from selecting Baymont Inn & Suites for your future travels.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

They charged an extra room fee at checking out although they didn't give any explanation at checking in. I claimed to two staff members but they just said they can't do anything and I should ask their manager. However the staff member who checked me in was the manager so I was very dissapointed. All three staff members were very unfaithful and not supportive. Even during I explained that I have never experienced that I got charged without explanation although I have lots of experience staying hotels, they seemd to looking at me like a trouble maker.
In addition, the room was very old and stinky. Two of parts in the room were broken but not fixed. I strongly recommend not to stay this hotel. There are so many hotels around there so you can choose another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

It is clear that we failed to provide the standard of service or accommodations that you expected at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. We apologize for this, and your comments are being shared with the leadership team and corrective measures are being taken. Please do not let this one isolated situation prohibit you from selecting Baymont Inn & Suites in your future travels throughout the United States.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

The Baymont is the old Holiday Inn Westgate. Hotwire calls it a 3 star, where a 2-2.5 would be more accurate. The room, while not large, was recently updated and pretty nice. The lobby is huge and underutilized.
A couple of negatives: If you ask the front desk person any questions about attractions, you are directed to the person in the corner who tries to sell you on a 'vacation club' (timeshare is now a dirty word).
The motel has outside entrances so is quite loud when any carts roll by above the first floor.
Our pet peeve: being awakened by housekeeping knocking on the door despite the 'do not disturb' sign happened on our second morning.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. We do apologize for the housekeeping issue of not honoring your "do not disturb sign" and have brought this to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper so that the policy can be reviewed with the staff. We do hope that you select Baymont Inn & Suites for your future travels.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

I got a great deal on the room through Hotwire.com. Once I found out what hotel it was, I checked the reviews on this site and started to get a little worried. I read about bugs, filthiness, creepy parking lots, persistent time share people, the run-down location, etc. I was committed to the hotel by then, so there was nothing I could do but forfeit the room and try again. I don't like to waste money, so decided that we would just make the most of the trip anyway. Plus, we were taking 6 year old son to Disney Parks every day of the week and wouldn't be spending much time in the room anyway.

We arrived at the hotel after 10 pm. Check in was fine and the staff was decent. Since it was so late, the front desk gave us our "parking pass" so we didn't have to go to the "time share/ticket purchase desk" to receive the parking pass. Our key didn't work the first time so we had to go get another. We finally figured out that we had a trick door and had to shimmy and push a certain way to get it to open. It was kind of irritating at first, but once we learned the pattern, we were fine.

The room was clean and like other reviews state had all of the afore-mentioned amenities. We never saw any bugs. Everything worked. There were enough towels in the room. We travel with our own towels, so lack of towels is not a big deal to me anyway. (I can't get past washing my face with a towel that I have no idea where it's been - but that's another story.) Since we travel with our own towels, there was really no reason to use the cleaning staff in the mornings. We took out our own trash and straightened our own beds.

We planned on eating the continental breakfast each morning but never got moving fast enough to make it, so the refrigerator in the room was very welcomed. We kept yogurt, fruit, granola bars, juice, lunchables, even some frozen dinners in our room. This was very convenient and helped with the cost of a few meals.

We slept well each night even though our room faced the street. You can hear cars passing but it isn't nearly as bad or busy as some reviewers would have you believe. The location of the hotel is very near the theme parks and traffic was not a problem in the area while we were there. Parking is ok - kind of dark, but we never felt unsafe or threatened in any way. Pool looked clean but it was too cool to try it out. They also have a sand volley ball court that looked inviting but we never got to use it. We used the laundry midweek and it worked fine. We passed by the fitness center which was a small room with a couple of bikes and maybe a treadmill. The internet service was appreciated and worked fine.

We would stay here again especially for the amazing rate.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
#19 of 154 in Kissimmee
Comfort Inn Maingate
Comfort Inn Maingate
#30 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!