“Great Hotel, Great Location, ok staff”

Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed November 27, 2009

My wife made the reservation to stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites in Celebration and I must say we were pleasantly surprised in a pleasant way when we arrived. The lobby is gorgeous and the rooms are fantastic with at least 40" flat screen TV and a great refrigerator/freezer combination. Black Marble in the wash area outside of the shower/toiler area, very nice touch.

The breakfast was very good but you better get there on time because at 9am it is closing as posted.

The check-in staff was a little girl who I did not remember her name. She was no overly friendly and never smiled during the entire process. I also got to briefly deal with a gentleman named "Chad" who was working the desk when I needed some change. He too was not friendly and never smiled. But this didn't impact our stay because we did truly love this hotel and the location.

We hope to get back this Spring and I think my wife has already made reservations for March.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
LegacyHotels, Management at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2009

Thank you for your compliments on the lobby and guest rooms at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. The observations about the "lack of smiles" from the front office team has been addressed. The philosophy of Baymont Inns is that of "Hometown Hospitality", and we apologize that this was not communicated during the interactions with the front office staff. We are confident that this will not be an issue on your future visits to Baymont Inn & Suties Celebration and look forward to having you as our guest in the Spring of 2010.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed November 26, 2009

My family and I took a long weekend trip to Orlando to visit the Disney Parks. We were wary of this Baymont because of bad reviews but willing to give it a chance based on the fact that other reviewers noted that it had gone through a renovation. We thought we might be getting a great price because they were still rebuilding their reputation. Turns out you really do get what you pay for.

It's obvious that 80% of the renovation budget was used on the lobby - it's really attractive. But it makes your letdown upon seeing the rooms that much worse. The money spent on renovations seemed to end right where you walk out the lobby door and enter a scuzzy elevator area. When we checked in, they didn't have our reservation. "Luckily," we had printed the confirmation to bring with us. We then went up to our room, which was a "kids suite." We were disappointed when we entered the room, to say the least.

Before I go on, allow me to point out the good things we noted about the place. The location, as has been noted, is great for the Disney parks. There is even a shortcut to Animal Kingdom from the hotel. And during our stay, we didn't see any cockroaches or mice as other previous guests have noted in their reviews. So that was good. And the other 20% of the renovation budget was apparently spent on large flat-screen TVs and these nice large wooden wall units that functioned as TV stand, closets, and desk.

The problem with this place is primarily that the new owners decided to "renovate" by slapping updates into horrible rooms. So these nice wall units and TVs are in rooms that have cracked paint, gross carpet, and outdated bathrooms. You never really trusted that anything in the room was clean. All the beds were made with loose sheets instead of fitted ones, so if you moved around at all you woke up sleeping on bare mattress. Gross.

The "kids suite" in the room is accomplished by essentially slapping cubicle walls up where a second double bed would be. Inside it were a bunk bed and a junior bed. Again, the walls and fixtures were old, dirty and ugly. Okay concept, bad execution.

When we returned to the room late Sunday night after a long day in the parks, there was an overpowering odor like bug spray in the room. I ended up staying awake until 2:30 in the morning with the door open and air conditioner on to air the room out. We'd have changed rooms but all three of our kids were out cold and packing up all our stuff to go to another room would have been a huge hassle. The most disturbing thing was that the front counter said that nothing had been done in our room, which was obviously not true.

I'm sure there are many people who would find the Baymont to be completely satisfactory, because they live in conditions similar or worse than those in these hotel rooms. My family and I are certainly not luxury hotel types of people, but we do expect that the hotels where we stay have a certain level of cleanliness and be somewhat nice. This hotel sadly fell short.

The saddest thing about the Baymont Inn & Suites in Celebration is that it could be great with a little effort. They need to start over. Everything needs to be pulled out of the rooms and the entire space needs to be sandblasted. New bathrooms, paint, carpet, and fixtures need to be installed. THEN those wall units and TVs would make sense. Forget the kids suite concept unless you do it right - divide a room in half and adjoin each half to the room on either side. If they made those changes, they could charge 75% more per room and people would still come in droves. It appears that the owner reads these reviews, and that can be a good thing if he addresses the problems instead of merely trying to defend these practices.

1  Thank Neerdowell
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Our stay was for seven days. Upon check in 6th floor was where our room was. Elevators were decorated with blankets on the walls and smashed out floor lights, they took you to just about every floor except for what we wanted.Room was okay, no bugs. but there was no towels so we tried to call down for the desk. phone lines dont work. apparently at all on 6 th floor. never notifyed so called to hotel on my own phone they said they dont have staff to bring the towels to me. I said okay ill get some ice on my way down... Ice machine broke. I told the desk. for seven days no sign on the broken ice machine. i checked every day FLORIDA? I did complain and Yudi the manager who told me how sick he was did adjust the resort fee of Five bucks a day. We spent alot of wasted time trying to get towels, ice, elevator, cell phone minutes ect.. on the hotel. I guess well pay more next time. family of four. kids 5&6, very close to attractions and I4

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kassandrarent

The staff of Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration is challenged not only to meet but exceed guest expectations. Unforntunately, in your case it is evident that we fell short of this challenge. The issues that are identified in these comments have been brought to the attention of the Leadership Team so that corrective measures can be taken. There is simply no excuse that your experience was not enjoyable. We offer our sincere apologies.

Reviewed November 22, 2009

We are golfers and looking for off season rates. The local rates, even with a mandatory 90 minute time share presentation, were high. Josh suggested a great course & Yudi assisted us in getting there. Both were very friendly and helpful. Legends Golf Course in Clermont was the answer, good rates and course.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

We are glad that Yudi and Josh were able to assist in making arrangements with your golf excursion during your recent stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. Both are recognized as very valuable members of our team!

Reviewed November 21, 2009

I have patronized this particular hotel several times in the past 18 months and up until my recent stay recommended it to everyone looking for a clean comfortable hotel at an excellent value. But after this last stay I would not recommend it! Everything was excellent until we were getting ready to check out of the room. I was traveling with my young granddaughter and as kids do, she had a few toys with her and we were looking everywhere to be sure had not left anything when, thank goodness it was me and not her, lifted the bedskirt and there was a used condom! YUK!!! It was totally disgusting! We gathered our belongings and left. I let the clerk that was checking us out know about the disgusting find and she just kind of blew it off and said she would speak to housekeeping. Not an apology or anything!My granddaughter who was standing next to me asked me what that was I found under the bed.
I am not a nit picky person who looks for reasons to complain, up until this point in time I was very happy with my stay, Yudi (I am terrible with names) who checked us in remembered us from our last stay, he was very nice. The room was comfortable and I thought clean! I know they are still undergoing renovations and dust ect is understandable, but what I found was a health hazard! I rated this hotel what I did based on my gross find because for me anything like this would effected everything.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
LegacyHotels, Management at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2009

We extend our apologies for an unacceptable performance by our houskeeping staff. Rest assured, your experience has been brought to the attention of the Director of Housekeeping and corrective measures are being taken. You have visited our hotel several times over the past 18 months, and feel it unfortunate that this isolated occurance will prohibit your returning. However, it is a compliment that an employee recognized you as a repeat guest of this specific Baymont property. It is our hope that this very isolated situation will not prevent you from selecting Baymont Inn and Suites as your choice of accommodations for future travels. Once again, we extend our apologies for this very unfortunate situation.

Reviewed November 21, 2009

Was extremely pleased with the accomodations, the very pleasant and helpful staff. Room was very cleannand furnishings were very modern and up to date. Breakfast was also good. The rate for the room was a good "bargain". I can't understand how the few negative reviews were possible. Those of you who were not pleased should try staying at luxuries hotels .

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo

Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration appreciates comments such as this. Taking advantage of the Baymont Breakfast Corner is a definite plus, and we are pleased that your stay was enjoyable. At Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration the staff prides themselves of their hometown hospitality.

Reviewed November 20, 2009

When I checked the rates out at Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration and read some of the great reviews on Trip Advisor I believed that it couldn't be as great as people thought it was - not at the rate $. But I will tell you - it is the first time in years that I have stayed at a hotel that I did did not feel I was being "jipped". On the contrary, I was so pleasantly surprised and I stayed for 10 days! Consistent room cleaning, consistent service, never met friendlier / accomodating hotel staff anywhere. You got the vibe that you and your family were VIP's and we were not. The sheets smelt freshly laundered, the room was cleaned perfectly, any small problem was fixed immediately - and in 10 days there was only one minor problem that is not even worth mentioning. Yudi at the front desk was superb. I called beforehand to say that there would be packages coming before my arrival for me - namely, my kids' car seats and baby harnesses (we are from abroad and needed these to use during the vacation) and he gave me his name and told me to send the packages directly to him at the hotel. On arrival the packages were taken to my room and the guy taking them insisted on refusing the tip??!! When in this lifetime will you ever experience that. Yudi and the whole staff there made you feel that you were the best guests they ever had. The Hotel Manager Fred Keen - really sets a high standard at this hotel and this place is lucky to have him. If you want a bargain, close (under 10 minutes) to Disney, next door to Mc Donalds and on a stretch with all the top buffets and eating places, walgreens and target, look no further FAMILIES! THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY. By the way, Ponderosa and Golden Corral were really very excellent. Not impressed with Boston Lobster Feast.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Seralago Hotel and Suites
#96 of 155 in Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites Kissimmee by The Lake
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!