“Ok if you are on a budget”

Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This hotel is under construction. The only thing that was nice was the lobby. Rooms are ok had a huge flat screen tv. If your going to the parks and not gonna spend to much in the room then i would recommend but if you want a place to stay and relax then i would look for other place to stay. Pool was ok ,restaurant was closed. Oh yea they also charge you a resort fee of 5 something a day.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2009

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little nervous staying there. However in the end I was surprisingly satisfied. I never saw any bugs. None at all. The sheets and room were very very clean. The pool was nice, clean and well maintained. The courtyard was quite pleasant and clean. I appreciated it's location being practically righto outside the Disney maingate, and the shop in the lobby. It's walking distance to McDonald's and Denny's. Obviously since the hotel was being remodeled, some things were not finished yet such as the elevators, the poolside bar, and the restaurant. My only complaints were a few broken games in the game room and the room refrigerator was not cold enough. The freezer never froze. I have a feeling the price won't stay low long once the remodeling is complete.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
LegacyHotels, Management at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2009

Thank you for your comments regarding Days Hotel Maingate. Most of our guests agree that our close proximity to the Walt Disney Resort Area is a definite advantage when staying in our neighborhood. I appreciate the comments on the gameroom and the in room refrigerator, both have been passed on to the staff. Should your travels bring you back to the Kissimmee/Orlando area, please give us a call at Days Hotel Maingate!

Reviewed June 12, 2009

To Orlando Travelers:

If I had found this info online before my vacation, it would have made a world of difference. Therefore, I am providing all the details for someone who may need to know this in advance.

To begin... I booked a week long vacation on Hotwire at a 3 star hotel in Orlando. I went to check what the 3 star hotels were and saw it was Radisson Double Tree Holiday Inn. I even checked the 2.5 just to be sure I wasn't getting a Days Inn or Comfort Inn or the like because I despise those hotel/motels.

The 2.5 was the like of Country Inn & Suites, AmeriSuites, Holiday Express. Though I wasn't going there. I then checked and saw the lowest 2 star were the despised Days, Comfort, LaQuinta types. So I made sure my lowest rating was 3 star.

I thought, wow, this must be an awesome deal to get a Radisson type hotel for $28 a night !!! It said it was even in the Main Gate / Celebration area or Kissimmee. What a fantastic deal, this sure won't last long, better grab it. WRONG!

I was struck with anger and terror at the same time when the DAYS HOTEL DISNEY MAINGATE showed up as the booking - YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called Hotwire and told them of the mistake and what THEIR SITE SAID and was told 3 different times that this was a LEGACY GROUP HOTEL, PART OF THE WYNDHAM PROPERTIES. Well, the Wyndham is nice so just maybe...................

I searched the internet and was horrified to find it was an old Holiday Inn that was being "remodeled" and was still under construction. I then found many angry customers that found ROACHES in their rooms at this Days Hotel.

I reported that to Hotwire too and sent the roach pictures that were online. I was again met with "We just reviewed this hotel and found it is definitely a 3 star hotel, a step above all the other Days Inns." They refused to admit their lie or change my hotel since it was reserved under deception.

I had also reserved the car in the same reservation, so since I was stuck, I though maybe it is not as bad as some are saying... IT WAS WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me first say, the front desk personnel are the best things going for this flea bag joint. DeySi, Jullianne, and Kim are the most accommodating but they have limited resources. The first day, my bathroom had such an odor, I had to finally switch. I actually stayed in there an entire night because I thought it would dissipate and didn't want to complain. It was room 1324.

So, they switched me to 2604 because it was "completed" just a month before. Well, I walked in and true, it did not smell like toilet so that was good. The carpet was not vacuumed and had trash under the table, the microwave was old and falling apart at the hinges, the refrigerator made the loudest, strangest noises all night, there was no wall plate on the socket, there was yellow paint slapped on the wall that looked like someone attempting to paint a state owned welfare project. The towels were thin, worn, and sometimes quite stained. The room was dim, terrible lighting. There were spots, stains, and globs of glue on the bathroom tile from uncaring workers. The toilet broke one night, when I opened it up, it was as old as dirt (and looked like dirt!). So much for remodeling, huh?

I didn't touch much in the room unless I had to and then I would wash my hands immediately. I wrapped the remote in plastic and put a hand towel over the toilet seat. I took sponge baths at the sink. I never unpacked any suitcases or left things exposed. I set my suitcases on the chairs and desk.

I prayed not to see any roaches but the atmosphere of the hotel shouted VERMIN! This hotel has outside entrances and the exterior is FILTHY. But the worse is.......................... the absolutely disgustingly foul, filthy, smelly, spider webbed, trash filled, holes in the walls, ELEVATORS. You will need a braf bag just to get to your floor, seriously. HIDEOUS; UNACCEPTABLE; NAUSEATING.

Then it happened, on night 5 with 2 more before I could run back home, I walked in from Epcot and there it was, A ROACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crawling on the iron. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It was almost 11pm. I packed our bags, changed my flight reservations, got in the car and took my family to the airport many hours early.

We had one more base day left on our Disney tickets that expire in another week and 3 Holy Land Experience tickets. Fortunately, they are valid until December 31, 2009. So, we lost a day at Disney and 2 days on the car rental but by now, I just wanted to LEAVE!

Yes, they offered to change rooms, but to what? A different roach???

How Wyndham allows their name on such a disgusting product is beyond me. It's like Cartier selling diamonds at the corner 7/11 near Tiajuana!

Hotwire should be ashamed of themselves touting this filthy place as a 3 star.

They were sure to remodel the lobby and that was it. The rest is just newly covered filth. Now mind you, if you live on the street or in the projects with roaches anyway, this MAY look like a castle to you!!!!!!!!

But, if you have any decent upbringing, you will NOT want to reserve the $28 rooms in the MAIN GATE / CELEBRATION AREA OR KISSIMMEE. The only LEGACY here is one of disgust.

I was not at all impressed with housekeeping. They NEVER vacuum Before or after. I never saw or heard a vacuum They didn't wipe table tops. I left $5.00 and asked the maid to vacuum and she picked up the larger items but the dirt and grit was still there!

This hotel is not a vacation, it is a filthy NIGHTMARE! Pay a few dollars more and do a 3.5 star minimum at Hotwire! I hope this helps someone to ENJOY their vacation and avoid this turmoil.

BTW, the shuttle transportation is EXTREMELY limited to the parks so we just paid $12 to park everyday. You'll have more time and fun. And the one computer they call a "business center" was broken and they didn't get it fixed.

Oh, and if you find yourself already stuck here, don't take any kind of food into your room. We never did and we still saw them.

Nightmare on Black Lake Rd!!! They should not be allowed to use Disney's name in their title! Disney is CLEAN!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank BUSHED1
Reviewed June 5, 2009

After reading everyone’s review, I have to say that Jillian Brenan the hotel manager leaves a lot to be desired. Our hotel was not that clean. Our door would not lock properly it took them over an hour to fix it, the air conditioner had ¼ inch of gunk on the filter. This was a horrible experience; I regret that I ever stayed at this hotel on my holiday. I do hope that the find a better manager, especially with the job market being what it is, this was a horrible stay.

Reviewed June 3, 2009

Hard to locate due to lack of good signs. If you look on googlemaps, it is no where near where it looks on the map. If you have a rental car and are coming from the airport, turn on Sherberth road, do not go all the way to black lake road. If you turn (R) on Sherberth off of 192, it is located on the first (L) corner. The outside looks pretty rundown (they are STILL renovating). Walking into the lobby changes your perspective. Very nice in appearance. They will check you in and "register" your rental car......funny, the registration for your rental is actually the "time-share ticket scam" desk. If you have the time for the time-share tours, more power to ya......apparently you can save "a lot" of money on attraction tickets. As far as the rooms, we had a "legacy luxury room" and it was very nice. Totally renovated, new cabinetry, vanity, shower surround. Also nice extras: mini-fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, iron/ironing board. There are elevators but not close to some rooms (like ours). Another plus for people with rental cars, if you take the road behind the hotel, it leads you directly onto the Disney complex (Animal Kingdom is the closest) avoiding the main highways. For adults that may run themselves ragged and would like to enjoy a late-night jacuzzi soak---there is NONE!!! The little pool that you see to side of the main pool is a kiddie pool. (FYI) Let's see, what else is helpful info? If you are not into luxurious frills and pampering and just need a decent place to "crash" this is the place for you. Close to Disney and cheap! Oh, I forgot, there is a bar in the lobby that looks nice and I believe is open for business, I am not sure about the restaurant (we never checked) and as far as the pool bar.......it was never open. (bummer)

Reviewed June 2, 2009

I made the reservation through Hotwire (first time ever) and as soon as I saw which hotel it was I went online and googled it. Just to find out that there are constructions going on. I called Hotwire but was of course rejected. I was told that they called the hotel and that its just the restaurant that is under construction. Well, well the reservation was incl Breakfast and it happened to be the only restaurant in the hotel. The alternative is that Dennys across the street gives you 10% discount? Eeehm, I had Bfast incl so 10% somewhere else will still result in costs and also in additional time I have to spend when walking over. I dont think that that is a good solution. I went to check in on 05/27 telling the Front Desk agent that I wont be there for the night due to a brief trip to Miami and the non refundable night. Unfortunately they did not had a room available at that point of time so I was directed to the restroom to change. When I returned the night after I was checked in after waiting for quite awhile (2 guests in front of me). I was given a room on the 2nd floor. There are no light switches next to the door so you have to walk into the room first not even knowing what you run into. After finally finding the light switch on the night stand I grabbed my beach towel and wanted to leave it in the bathroom to let it dry. When I went into the bathroom I saw a coackraoch in the corner. I immediately called my friend who caught it in one of the plastic cups and dumped it. We called the front desk and were told to come back to the front desk to get the new keys. I was given a room on the 5th floor which are "newly renovated"- they were not really different from the other room. The promote their flat screen.. not worth it as the picture is REALLY blurry! The shower/bathroom floods if you take a shower and the person that delivered the towels scared the s*** out of us, not talking but just giving us an evil look (we wiped it of ourselfs not "bother" anybody else anymore and were told that ENG will check next morning). Moving onwards, the elevator have little openings with wires hanging out, not to mention how dirty they are. No ID check when I asked for a new key to my room, the "concierge's" are not on the same page. One gave me a number to call for airport shuttle, the other did not even knew what I was talking about. The shuttles are quite late (not early bird friendly) and in my opinion not worth it. We had a rental car and it was way easier (despite the $12 parking fee at each parking lot). Last but not least I was given a bill over a "resort fee" that equaled one room night charge.
The only positive thing I have to say about this hotel is that they sent me some chocolate for my birthday. That was a nice attempt to be a nice hotel but I would rather let them save the money for amenities and put it into terminex checks or whatsoever.

1  Thank huthy79
Reviewed May 29, 2009

I would like to start by saying I am well traveled. I have been to 38 states and 5 continents. I have stayed in many different places. However, I would expect that a star rating should give a fair guidance on a hotel's quality. I have used Hotwire several times in the past and the star rating has always been spot on. Prior to staying in the Days "Hotel", I booked a 4 star through Hotwire and ended up with the Peabody in Orlando, which was lovely. I thought a 3 star could not fall that far off from a 4 star. It is not like I was booking a 1.5 star (or so I thought).

I stayed in the Days "Hotel" on May 26th 2009. Luckily, it was only for one night! I feel compelled to write this review as all of the renovations and issues that were on going in reviews from January are still going on!! Nothing has changed.

The sign is still missing! Well unless you call a tarp covering up the old Holiday Inn sign adequate! I had a Garmin in my car, but without that, I would have had difficulty finding the location. All a bit seedy. I could see the rooms in the back were in a separate motel style building. Not what I was expecting from a 3 star hotel. It should at least tell you it is a motel, not a hotel. Big difference!

However, I was put slightly at ease when I stepped in to the lobby. It is surprisingly nice compared to the outside of the building- which is a disaster. You could tell that the marble and grandiose theme they were trying to go for, was all a bit like putting lipstick on a pig, as it was cheaply renovated. But, hey at least they tried to make it seem nice.

They had a bar, with a very bored looking bar tender. There was also a restaurant, which did not open for dinner or breakfast, so I don't believe it is open. There is also a store, which again was never open! The "business center" was one computer in a little cubby next to the check-in. Not by any means a center!

The car park was full and I had to park around the back, which I was not very happy with as the area did not seem that safe and there was no security. The outside is also horribly lit. It is very dark and not inviting for guests to walk through the car park at night. Although they probably keep it dark, so you cannot see the massive cock roaches that were all over the pathway outside the downstairs rooms! Oh and did I mention that you also have to go to a second desk to get your parking permit?? Well basically a way for some woman to push park tickets in your face or try to sell you a timeshare? Is she on drugs? Why do I want a timeshare? I just want to park my car!

After check in and walking through the lobby, I was hoping that the rooms would not be as bad as the exterior looks! You walk through the back of the lobby and then boom it hits you. It is like you have downgraded to a 0.5 star motel!! The vending machines are all broken, with wires hanging out. There are planks of wood stacked in public areas for the on-going construction. The laundry room is disgusting. Your clothes would probably come out more dirty than they went in.

The room numbers are very confusing. There are 6 floors and I was room number 2102. So, I went up to the second floor, only to find that 2102 is actually on the first floor?? This meant I had to use the elevator. Only 1 of 3 were actually working. The one that is working, looks like it has been in use since the 60's and the carpet inside has never been changed. It had a horrific smell. There were old cigarettes thrown on the floor. The walls were filthy. The were actually wires exposed and hanging out and some of the buttons were missing.

Now for the fun part....the room! Well, where to begin. On first appearance, it seems OK. They have done a semi-remodel. You can tell that they have just ripped out the old fixtures and shoved in some new ones. Albeit, they have used marble and dark "wood" to make it look sophisticated. However, it does not quite work. They provided 2 tiny towels. For two people, especially, if the girl wants to wash her hair, the towels were not adequate. The carpets were not clean. I did not want to take my shoes off and walk around. The door did not close properly and the chain lock had been ripped off. Being on the ground floor, I would like to be able to properly lock the door.

So now it is time to inspect the bed. Not something I would typically do in a 3 star. After all this is not a cheap motel is it? I am glad I did, before happily climbing in. I found BLOOD stains on the sheets and then at the bottom of the sheet, a giant patch of yellow, which I can only imagine is URINE!! To make it worse, they did not even have a bottom sheet on the bed, it was just a cheap mattress cover over the mattress, not a sheet. Does this even get washed??? A great way for bed bugs!

I called the front desk, this was about 11pm. She was understanding but also a little exasperated as she told me she had been left alone on her night shift and she was busy. She told me she had no access to sheets or towels as Housekeeping had left and taken the key. What kind of place is this? No access to new sheets at night? She told me she could move me to a new room. Well, I would like to know what would have happened if there were no spare rooms!!

I took my stuff and went once again in the foul elevator to the 6th floor. The bed at least looked better this time, but the bathroom was gross. The bath was filthy. There was dirt and hair in the bath. It looked like it was never cleaned. To be safe, I slept in my clothes and put t-shirts over the pillows. It was a very uncomfortable night. I showered the next morning in my flip flops as I did not want to touch anything.

I spoke to the person in the lobby the next morning and for my inconvenience they will remove the resort charge. The fact that this place can even call themselves a resort is a joke! The pool is horrible, the gym is 2 old exercise machines in a dirty room, the laundry room is filthy, the elevators don't work, they don't have a housekeeping service, they don't have a restaurant, the bathrooms are dirty, the sheets were disgusting and there is still construction going on as they are renovating the old Holiday Inn rooms.

If this had been advertised as a 1.5 star or a 2, I would not have an issue as that is basically what it is. However that fact they are representing themselves as a 3 star is totally misleading! Please do not stay here if you expect it to be like a Doubletree which is a 3 star. I have stayed in Motel 6's which have been cleaner than this. Also they are just a Days Inn, but instead call themselves a Days Hotel. The sunshine logo is even the same. This is far from a hotel and far from a 3 star!! I will NEVER go back here. I would not stay here for free! I would not even want my dogs to sleep on the floor!

1  Thank shop2drop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Maingate Lakeside Resort
#29 of 154 in Kissimmee
Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!