“Not a 3 star by a long shot”

Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Ontario
“Not a 3 star by a long shot”
Reviewed April 6, 2009

First of all I should begin by saying I like many others booked on Hotwire.com at a rate of 30$ per night. I have never booked a hotel through Hotwire before, and most likely never will again. I have stayed in many hotels ranging from 1-4+ stars and know what level of quality to expect.

Exterior of Hotel/First arrival:
This was the first red flag. The hotel was an old Holiday Inn, the Days Hotel sign was a temporary tarp dangled over the old one. The property was showing signs of disrepair and ongoing construction that seems to have been going on for a while. The landscaping was decent but the abandoned hotel next door took away anything nice.

Check-in/Lobby:
Nice marble, looking like it was just installed and fairly friendly staff. Restaurant closed, and has been for a while. Concierge desk was actually a guy pushing timeshare tours for cheap Disney Tickets. We were told that the pool was heated but since it rained the other day it was cooler than normal..more on that to follow.

Room:
The room partially had been redone nicely with nice new wood/marble and a large flat panel TV. Unfortunately cleanliness was below par with the carpet being unvacuumed from the last guest. and the bathroom tub looked dingy and around 25 years old. The plumbing was bad also, our sink and tub took forever to drain. The main door was also not closing properly and would stick. The Key access was also a problem...it took many tries to get into the room.

Pool:
We like to swim so we decided to walk over to the pool and found only 2 kids swimming in it. I checked the temperature with my foot and it felt around 70 degrees. I am going to assume that the pool heater wasn't working because a little bit of rain won't make it drop like that.

Outside Hotel/Area:
The hotel was in a run down area of Kissimmee, and a few properties around the area were abandoned and had unwelcome people hanging around making security a real problem. The hotel also had rodent traps around the stairwells and near entries. This made us call Hotwire and leave the hotel.

Conclusion"
We called Hotwire, and they did move us to another Hotel in a different area. I was not upset with the Days Hotel because it was only 30$ per night...but Hotwire shouln't be calling this a 3 star hotel. Maybe a 1.5 or at the most a 2 star. It even lists Days Inn under 2 star. I will never return to that Hotel nor use Hotwire again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kangaru1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Czech first
new jersey
Reviewed April 5, 2009

the hotel was very good the staff was very nice and helpful and the water was hot and cold but the only thing was wrong was the fridge because the fan got stuck but they came right away to fix it. no bed bugs very clean and get a lot of sleep. the game room was crazy because the coins get stuck but they give your coins back.has a pool fitness center but never went on both of this thing alot of trees and a good hotel

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Omak, Washington
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Business took us to Florida and we had planned extra time for Disney. Wife found this hotel online. For what we needed it was great. We felt welcomed by the people we saw, the rooms were clean and tidy. The main centre of the hotel was very nice.

On the downside we were confused as to the location and hoped to be closer to the park. Probably compnded by all the walking we had to do when we were at the park. Also our lock on the door was not working very well but with some help from the woman at the desk we were able to figure it out...

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
The Woodlands
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We booked this hotel on Hotwire for $28 - a great value! Nice, clean room with comfortable beds, 42" flat screen t.v., refrigerator, microwave, in-room safe and more than adequate closet and drawer space. The location was convenient and the staff (especially Kim, the night manager) friendly and helpful. All in all, an excellent choice for the budget-minded traveler.

• Stayed March 2009
Mason City, IA
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Remember this is $33/night hotel not a Disney resort!
After 1st booking this site on Hotwire then reading what I thought were the reviews for this place, I was not looking forward to this stay. I was traveling with my father and youngest son to attend some area spring training baseball, we checked in late at night after a difficult time trying to find this place and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and impressive lobby, our room was also nice and CLEAN, comfortable queen sized beds and of course my son loved the 42" tv. I believe that the new owners of the hotel also have timeshares as you do receive information on this, there was no pressure at least late at night and they were easy to avoid. There is the $5 resort charge per day to pay, doesnt appear to be much of what I would call a resort here, restaurant was closed, pool bar I never saw open, fitness center very small, thats about it for what I had seen of the RESORT. Good value for $33 and just a place to sleep, I probably would not stay here for any other reason, I do not like the area, seems like a seedy tourist trap area.

• Stayed March 2009
indianapolis
Reviewed March 5, 2009

This hotel does have updated rooms, but is far from nice. The property is dirty as a whole. Directly behind the hotel is an abandoned hotel where lots of crime takes place. This is far far from a 3 star hotel. I'm a business traveler, and know what a 3 star hotel means. The hotel is an old Holiday Inn. When it fell below their standards, it was closed for quite some time. A new owner recently opened it back up. I had a hotwire rate of $33. I'm in Kissimmee quite a bit, and competition between hotels is fierce. For the same price I could have stayed in 25 nicer hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Celebration hotels

minneapolis
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Went with hotwire.... Very disspointed with the selection given to us. The star rating was not par with other brands listed as possible hotels. The hotel was dirty all over and in the middle of remodeling, the Restaurant was closed due to this. The pool was said to be heated which it wasn't. The hotel's website claim they have an in-room safe which they didn't. The toilet would not flush properly, you'd have to flush the toilet five-seven times to get it to flush. The house keeping was not up to par as there was hair and dirt on the bathroom floor that was there before we checked in ... and was still there when we checked out. The shuddle service was unreliabale, and other patrons were not happy with it either. Every night we were alarmed to find local pizza shops jamming flyers under our door and one even called me a curse word when i told him we didnt need any. Very very poor hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Maingate Lakeside Resort
#38 of 152 in Kissimmee
Comfort Inn Maingate
Comfort Inn Maingate
#27 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!