“Better than expected”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
North Dakota
“Better than expected”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Was a little scared after reading so many negative reviews about this hotel. It was very nice. The lobby is beautiful and the breakfast was fine. The grounds were not in the best of shape, but, it was January. The pool was wonderful, just wish towels would have been provided there. We stayed for ten nights in a kids suite and we really enjoyed the room for the little bit of time we spent in it. All in all, for the price we paid, it was a good hotel. The shuttle to Disney and Universal was a great plus.

Now for the few negatives. We asked right away when checking in about the "resort fee" and the gentleman working behind the counter said that since we had booked through a "travel website" we didn't have to pay any fees. When it came time to checkout, we were given a bill with the fees for ten nights. When we told the man that we were told we weren't getting charged the fees, he basically called us liars and said everyone gets charged. We are still waiting for that to be cleared up. Also, the hotel must not pay any security to roam the premises because on many nights I could smell marijuana all over the grounds. Our fridge and freezer didn't work but the hotel had that fixed for us on our second day there.

I guess if you are looking for a comfortable hotel that is close to Disney and has shuttle service to Disney, Universal, and Sea World, I wouldn't be afraid of this one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kissarmyNorthDakota

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Czech first
Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here for a few days and was very impressed when we first walked in. The lobby is very spacious and pretty. The rooms are newly redone and the beds seemed comfortable. The rooms all entered from an outdoor walkway, which was fine because I was not staying by myself. I prefer to have an indoor hall...always seems safer.

They have a continental breakfast which we did not eat....all carbs, no fruit or protein. I would like to see them add yogurt at least. If you like donuts, muffins, danish and cereal you'd be fine.

We rented a car but did not use the shuttle.

The pool was heated and was fine for a motel. The fitness center was closed for renovation.

If your budget is limited, this motel would be perfect. There is a microwave and refrigerator/
freezer. There is a McDonald's across the street that is easy to walk to and the motel is not too far from the parks.

Is this a luxury hotel...absolutely not. Is it OK to stay in....absolutely! Love staying on the grounds of Disney, but that's not always possible. Worth a stay with a limited budget!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LegacyHotels, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. I am glad that you enjoyed the comfortable bed and room. The hotel accommodates many guests on a daily basis with the continental breakfast and there are numerous alternative restaurants within walking distance such as McDonald's and Denny's or a short drive such as IHOP and Cracker Barrel if more of a variety for breakfast is required. The fitness center is currently being renovated and is in the middle of construction and upon completion will have all new equipment.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed at this location 3 times over the years for the Walt Disney Marathon Weekend--(wining it each time on Hotwire)--Celebration is a great location if you do not want to deal with buses and all the hoopla of Disney Hotels and Prices during this time.
(The city of Celebration was built for Walt Disney Employees back in the day)..Its about a 7 minute ride to the runners village at Epcot and by far will get you there quicker than staying on property. With all that being said, I will tell you that this hotel has changed names since my stays..I believe 2 years ago it was a DAYS Hotel (Not Days Inn) It was in decent shape. The rooms were decent but the price was tremendous on Hotwire--The following year it went to the Baymont Inn & Suites (Owned by Wyndham) They re-modeled the Lobby and also seemed to have made some really nice upgrades in the rooms. (Each time I have had a Nice Flat Screen, Micro and a Fridge)..My problem with this hotel is the overall cosmetic appearance of the property. It seems they have left the outside to survive on its own. You can tell its an older property, and it is your traditional outdoor corridor Central Florida Property, which is okay, but the makeup of it makes it tough to deal with. Corridors by the elevators were very dirty, trash piled up, the staff laundry area looked like someone was working out of a garage..with the garage door always up and just trash everywhere. I was going to write, "don't let the Lobby Fool you" but I decided not to because this hotel can be very nice, if they gave the same TLC to the Lobby and Rooms to the grounds..Maybe some paint, maybe some upgrades in the Common areas..Actually open and renovate the Fitness Center (Same sign was on the fitness center Last year) I feel like this property may be mis managed, but for the price on Hotwire of $33 a night you cant complain too much, but it certainly should not be a 3 Star Hotel on there listings..I would give it a strong 2, maybe a 2.5 because the staff was very nice. Again if you are coming to the Disney area and you dont mind not waking up and having Breakfast with Mickey and Goofy, this place is for you, It will save you some $$, which Im sure you will need once you get over to the Magical Place!!

-Also would like to point out that they hit you with a "Resort Fee" of $5.07 per night..Hotwire never disclosed this, and this is the first time I have been charged this over the years. When I asked the Front Desk Clerk what was included in the "Resort Fee" she said.."really nothing, I have no idea why they call it that." I followed up telling her, usually its for Internet, parking, towels by the pool, etc. Which I already knew all of the answers. (Its a Motel, parking is always free, Baymont Inn's always have Free Internet and Breakfast.. You have to bring your own towel down to this pool, where the Cabana Bar is locked shut and probably hasn't opened in years) In reality its a scam to get an extra $5.07 from you per night, but if you get it on a discount website you can tolerate the charge. If not I would fight this charge! They do have a Free Shuttle to Disney and Universal Studios (which may be a factor of this charge..but every other hotel in Orlando has this same shuttle)

Room Tip: I did see that they Had "Kids Suites" while walking by some rooms, not sure what they cons...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bfree7
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. I am glad that you noticed the recent updates to the property. The construction of the new fitness center is currently happening and the only potential hold up to meet the completion date will be the delivery of the equipment. The hotel does have a daily resort fee of $5.09 per room per night that is accessed every room each day. I have spoken and corrected any confusion the Front Desk may have had regarding what the daily resort fee covers. It covers such items as unlimited local and 800 calls, copy and fax service, overnight self-parking, wake up call service, and Wi-fi access in the hotel lobby. This fee is listed on the confirmations from Hotwire as they are aware of this mandatory charge.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed for 7 nights during this Xmas with family and bed-sheets never got changed even after repeated requests! But as a whole it was worth staying here............got an excellent rate thru hotwire, a kid suite was given to us as we were 5........But forget about the breakfast, it was a nightmare.............same items (6/7 only) and long lines in all 8 days! It was so poor that we always had to go outside for that. Location is excellent, free internet, free parking and a huge property. Lobby is grand and I wish it was close to that in the interior of the building too........... It was only worth as we spent the whole day in disney and universal and only returned to sleep! And yes, sometimes they need to keep some English-speaking people too for room-service!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SCOTIA2012

Travelers are raving about these Celebration hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Maingate Lakeside Resort
Seralago Hotel and Suites
Seralago Hotel and Suites
#91 of 152 in Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!