“5 Perfect nights”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Newalla, Oklahoma
“5 Perfect nights”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I booked this hotel sight unseen and then became very worried once I began to read the reviews.
Problems I read about:
Dirty rooms
Rude desk service
bugs
inadequate shuttle service
Laughable "free" breakfast
Hard pillows and beds
Taxi service in partnership with the hotel to cheat the customer.
Bogus resort fee

I don't know where these people were staying, but it could not have been the Baymont Inn and Suites in Celebration Florida. When I began to plan my Disney vacation I looked at the lower priced Disney resorts. Even with the attachment to the park and the provided transportation to and from, I could not justify the 100.00 plus price tag.

My room at the Baymont had a microwave and a fridge, the Disney resorts I looked at did not.

My room at the baymont offered a free breakfast plus in room coffee, the Disney resorts did not.

Was the Baymont new, no. But, it was spotlessly clean, the shuttles ran on time, were easy to use, and were more than adequate for my 5 day visit.

Taxi service? The one day that we did not use the shuttle, I had the desk call me a cab. it cost me 25.00 to get to the water park. I lost the driver's card who graciously offered to pick us up at the end of the day and had to call one of the local cab companies. Same trip back cost me 27.00.

Let's talk about breakfast. Donuts, muffins, toast,bagles, toaster waffles, cereal, juice and coffee. Did I have to wait for a toaster, yes, for like 5 minutes, but since I was saving 50.00 a day on my room, I considered it time well spent. Did I want the same breakfast every day? No, but there's a Macdonalds right across the street, and a number of other resturant choices within easy wakling distance.

Resort fee, yes. 5.00 per day per room. Did it go to pay for the "free" breakfast and the shuttle? Maybe. Who cares. I still saved 50.00 a day.

I have two things to say. I would stay here again, and I will mention it to any friends headed that way. For those offering all of those negative reviews--feel free to stay at a more expensive place with fewer amenities.

3 Thank Sharon S
LegacyHotels, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We appreciate your posting your comments regarding your stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. We believe your comparision of hotels within our neighborhood is very honest. As a travel, you have many options; the decision to make is what is the priority in determining your needs while traveling. We are happy to know that you feel confident in our product and service to share the word with your friends. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Czech first
Montreal
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed only one night. Rates through hotwire were great, but you want to stay away from this hotel. It's plainly dirty - everywhere. For sure you don't want to use the shower. We were given a key at our arrival and tried to enter with our key and room number provided already occupied room at 11:30PM... I don't even want to comment on it. Elevators, hallways - dirt everywhere. Breakfast - what can I say - just stay away...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ITaveler
Your comments are important to us and it is very unfortunate that we failed on all levels during your one night stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. You post was printed and distributed to the employees of the hotel as "what not should happen" to our guests. Improvement in the performance of our staff is mandatory and will continue to be evaluated on an ongoing process. We do apologize for the inconveniences your experienced.

Travelers are raving about these Celebration hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was extremely disappointed. It would have been better to have correctly star rated this at 2.5 so that I could think more along the lines of I get what I pay for, instead of assuming I got a good deal. The bathroom was disgusting. There was mold along the edge of the tub, and along the moulding on the tile. The shower head was spraying in various directions. The worst was the tub. It appeared there used to be a non-slip mat on it previously, and since it was removed it left the sticky glue on the tub which was brown and gray from previous guests`dirty feets stuck on it. We had to shower with her our flipflops on.

The exterior had cracks, and rust on the rails. Our neighbor had put out a bag of garbage to be picked up, which was there for 2 days before it got picked up!

The customer service was awful. The staff I encountered at the front desk were so lifeless. I had called to find out the shuttle times, and there was no greeting, and after I received a response and said thank you, they simply hung up.

Speaking of the shuttle, it was pretty useless as there were only 1 time for the morning to go to the Magic Kingdom, which was at 11, and another shuttle to Epcot at 8:15. That means there was no way to access Animal Kingdom or Hollywood by their shuttle, and you would need to use another Disney transport once you arrived. In other words, completely useless. I had planned to go to Disney with my car and use the shuttle back in the afternoon for a nap before returning in the evening, but that was out of the question.

There is no warm items for breakfast, other than toasting bread or pre-made waffles, and even the toaster was broken with a missing handle. Even the orange juice was awful. Not even a single piece of fruit available.

It baffles me that websites were giving it a 4 star and that they charge a resort fee, when there isn`t a single resort convenience to it. Out of our 11 days in Florida, and 4 different hotels we stayed in, this was the worst. I only gave it a 2nd star because it is close to Disney, but that is all.

2 Thank CamilleCP
Your observations about your stay at Baymont Inn & Suites has been reviewed by the Hotel's Leadership Team. Knowing that you were extremely disappointed in your staff is rude awakening for the staff. Baymont Inn & Suites are considered a very strong hotel family in regards to excellent service and quality product. We apologize this location did not live up to the standards of the hotel brand and hope this isolated situation will not discourage you from selecting Baymont inn & Suites for future travel destinations.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2012

On our recent trip to SeaWorld we stayed at the Baymont Inn and found it to be very clean, service was great and the continental breakfast was all we needed. I must say we were somewhat reluctant to stay due to some negative reviews but glad we took the chance. Our 2 year old granddaughter was in the next room and I understand she was a bit noisy but we did not hear a thing. We will not hesitate to stay on our next trip to Orlando. The lobby is really nice and the pool is clean. We were able to walk to restaurant which is a plus after a busy day.

1 Thank jaxvisitor
We are happy that you were "pleasantly surprised" during your stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. There are many hotels in our neighborhood to select, and we appreciate your choice of our hotel. When traveling back to our area, we would be happy to have you visit us again. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
California
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We booked this hotel for a 3 nights before going to a vacation home for the next two weeks.

It has been updated recently, the courtyard area is very nice, the lobby is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable and the pool is clean (with pool towels available).

We had a "kidsuite" which was just a divided standard room with a partial wall and bunkbeds. I personally don't think it was worth the extra $20/night. I had figured there would be more space. No, same standard size hotel room just with a 3/4 wall divider that split the room in two. Actually, makes it a bit difficult to get around the room. BUT, it did give each child their own bed.

The room was so clean that I tipped the maid and wrote her a thank you note. Having a spotless room was the last thing I would have thought with the price range of this hotel.

We ate one meal each day in the hotel room. There is a nice size refrig with a small freezer and a microwave. That alone saved us (a family of 5) $50-$100/meal.

Pool area has a very nice large pool, someone said it was small and I am not sure why, because it is quite large. Lots of tables, chairs and lounges. Someone was talking about the pool overlooks the parking lot. Well, it does on two sides. One side looks onto the courtyard, which is lovely and the other just on some generic landscape. So if you are looking at the parking lot, turn 90 degrees and look at something else. Pool towels were very well stocked.

Internet is free and easily accessible.

Lobby is beautiful and plenty of space for families to meet up or hang out.

Small gift shop with sundries.

Front desk clerk was exceptionally helpful and polite.

Location was great 5 minutes to Animal Kingdom, 8 minutes to Hollywood studios, 10 minutes to EPCOT and 16 minutes to Magic Kingdom. I didn't do that well on property when we stayed there a few years back.

Lots of shops and restaurants that are in walking distance. Fun to go to the tacky tourist shops.

Now for the reason for the average score of a 3...
Breakfast was dreadful. I have stayed at many of the lower end Wyndham properties... All at least had fresh fruit available. So, when we saw this VERY large buffet bar, we were in for quite some disappointment.

Mini donuts, Plain, sugar and chocolate, pre-packaged
Toaster Waffles, pre-packaged
Bagels (the best of the offerings)
White Bread
Blue Berry Mini Muffins, pre-packaged
Bran Mini Muffins, pre-packaged (these were so bad that I had to spit out because I couldn't force myself to swallow and I eat most anything)
Pinwheels (Little Debbie type cinnamon rolls)
Corn Flakes
Raisin Bran
Froot Loops
One other sugar cereal I didn't recognize
Oatmeal
Tea
Coffee
Orange Juice (concentrate was WAY off)
Apple Juice
Milk

Just FYI, the toasters and microwaves are at the OPPOSITE end of the dining area.

Thankfully, cream cheese and bagels were enough to get us going. If it wasn't for that we would be at the McDonald's on the corner.

The one positive thing I can say about the breakfast is while most things were pre-packaged, they made sure that there wasn't so much out at any one moment that it would go stale.

Hotel Room Lighting... The lighting is so poor in the rooms that I had to remove the lamp shade.

You can't get the humidity out of the room. I would run the AC all day and it would still be humid in the room. I understand that it is Florida, but the house didn't have that issue. OH... the little light switch behind the entrance door needs to be flipped up for the AC to work in the first place.

Lastly, the $5.09 resort fee. I understand the Sales Tax and the Lodging Tax BUT there is a $5.09/night resort fee. I would have them just add it to the price in the first place this place does not have resort amenities. It has a POOL. That doesn't count as a resort.

Overall, it suited our needs and our budget. We had a nice time and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Pool/Courtyard side is nice, but someone here said they could see fireworks from building 2. We were...
1 Thank LLC
We are certain that travelers will appreciate the time and energy spent to write such a detailed evaluation of your stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. Meeting guest expectations is a challenge, and we are happy to know that overall we did meet your needs and budget - and enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments, and rest assured we are taking your comments regarding the Baymont Breakfast Bar under consideration.
Weston, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We arrived at hotel for late-check-in (had called in advance to make them aware) and we were given two rooms that were filthy. Bathtub floor was black from dirt on people's feet that wasn't cleaned properly. Our toilet had a feces streak running down the front of the toilet. Hair in the sinks and who knows what else that we didn't pay attention to.

It was late and we were tired so I figured we would deal with it in the morning. In the morning around 7am a blaring fire alarm started and did not stop for 15 minutes. No apology was given and no one from the hotel bothered to come up to tell the guests if everything was okay or if there really was a fire.

I informed the front-desk staff of all the issues I experienced during my stay and they could have cared less. Again no apology and no compensation for the issues described above. Not even an offer to waive the ($5.09 per day) resort fee.... what resort?

Would not reccommend and will not stay again.

(This was our second stay here, the first time things were Okay. This time was just terrible.)

Room Tip: One without hair and filth in the toilet, tub, and sink.
2 Thank stephie3988
It is always a difficult situation in the hotel environment whenever a fire alarm sounds in a hotel. The safety and security of our guest is very important to us, and we apologize that it sounded for 15 minutes. We will not silence an alarm until instructed to do so by the local authorities. Many guest simply do not understand this policy; however it is only in the best interest of our guests and employees. The housekeeping issues you identified have been given to the Executive Housekeeper. It is our hope that our recently revised room inspection process will help prevent future guests having the same experience as you. We do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration.
District of Columbia
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I got two rooms at this property over the weekend of May 4 for 3 nights through Hotwire at a rate of $34 per room/per night. The property is very close to Disney and many places to eat and shop.

The rooms were eh...the air conditioner was noisy and our room faced the street so we could hear that too.

You can tell that the rooms have been upgraded in some areas (e.g. TV/Closet Cabinet, vanity area). The bathroom needed updating as you could see the wear and tear. The pillows were lumpy, but I thought the beds slept well (or else I was just really tired from all of our activities throughout the day). There is a fridge and microwave in the room and that came in handy.

There is a free breakfast, but it is all cheap rolls, mini donuts, bagels, bread and assorted cereals. There wasn't even any fresh fruit offered during our stay. We ended up eating at local restaurants for breakfast.

The pool area was small and there was an awful view of the parking lot.

We came back at the end of the day one evening to see piles of trash near the elevators.

Would I stay again...for $34 or less, yes I would. If I was planning to be in the room more...no I would not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the "garden" area and one on a higher floor.
1 Thank 777zba
Many of our guests to comment on the convenient location of our hotel and the easy accessibility to places to eat and shop. As noted, we have updated our rooms and find that the microwave and fridge/freezer is appreciated by the majority of our guests. Your comment regarding the "piles of trash" has been given to our Executive Housekeeper to take action steps to correct - it is simply not acceptable for our guests to see trash around our property. We appreciate your posting your comments regarding your stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
#38 of 152 in Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!