“We married at Celebration Hotel”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed May 3, 2009

The team at the Celebration Hotel are awesome, the hotel is a jewel and it is an oasis of quality and luxury in the middle of the madness that is the tourist Mecca that is Orlando.

Our group was modest, we only needed 3 rooms (one was a suite, well we were getting married!), all were lovely and the view over the lake is beautiful. We were married on the terrace and we were served canapés and Champagne while the photographer did her stuff. We all had a beautiful meal in the Plantation Restaurant and the staff were very attentive and made the evening very special.

Upon returning to our room, the hotel had laid a trail of red rose petals from the door to the impressive four poster bed where they had spelt out the word LOVE in petals on the bed, in addition there were fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate and another bottle of Champagne. My new Bride was impressed!

The thought of arranging a wedding from the UK was daunting but the package offered by the Celebration Hotel was excellent, they appointed a professional wedding planner and all of out whims and requests were perfectly attended to by the hotel.

I have spent many, many nights in hotels all around the world on business and pleasure and those of you that have also done this will understand when I say that it gets to a point where the wow factor of a hotel is not how many rooms it has or how many restaurants but personal service, attention to detail and the quality of the materials used.

I love all that the Celebration Hotel represents and if you understand quality, you will too.

We will be back.

3  Thank SmartBuddy

Reviewed April 26, 2009

The hotel is all nonsmoking. Great location compared to the other hotels we saw that were off the highway. You can walk to the restaurants to avoid driving. We enjoyed the Japanese restaurant. We jogged along the walking trails and felt save because of the number of people on the trails. We got a great rate on the hotels using kyak.com and I'm glad we did because typically I don't often pay a lot for hotel rooms. It was not a modern hotel. Most furnishing were of the british colonial or plantation style. Lots of artwork through the hotel. The pool was very small so it was not possible to do laps and I wished there were more shaded areas. If you don't want to pay the $13 valet parking you can self park in an open lot less than 1/2 a block away.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jmolintas
Reviewed April 23, 2009

My family and I went to Florida for my childrens Spring Break. We usually stay on Disney property but tried the Celebration Hotel because a friend told us about them. We were very surprised at how beautiful the hotel is and the town is awesome! The hotel has a swimming pool and my children really enjoyed it very much. We ate at the hotel several ltimes for breakfast (it was included in the package we bought) and it was delicious. The staff was great and remembered us each day and treated us like family. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. It seems like they enjoy working there. If you get a chance to have a vacation, check out the Celebration website to see the virtual tour, it's everything and more that it shows that it is. We will definetly stay at Celebration Hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank stephanimuller08
Reviewed April 16, 2009

My family planned a Spring Break Vacaion for Walt Disney World. We used Priceline.com "Bid my Hotel" feature - MISTAKE! We put in a price and it came back that Celebration Hotel had accepted our offer. 1. They say this is a 4 star hotel - NOT! We checked in, it is a one person desk. If you like the old style decor then this may be for you. When I think of 4 star, I think of Modern... Anyway, we get to our room and it was the most disappointing feeling we ever had. The room was so old it was DARK, DANK AND DREARY. The bathroom toilet seat was cracked and there was stain in the toilet bowl. The door hinges were rusted and disgusting. You look up at the ceiling and it was so old. I could not believe we were staying there. If we had not paid up front on priceline.com, we would have been out of there. The pool is a joke! The only good thing about it was the area; it was very nice and relaxing. This is not a 4 star hotel it is very old fashion. The t.v. was an old t.v. and the power button was broken. After we complained about the cracked and broken toilet seat and the broken nob on the t.v., they hotel replaced the toilet seat and attempted to fix the power button on the t.v. but it kept breaking. I would not reccomend staying here if you are use to modern, clean and luxury hotels. Again, the area was really nice, you could walk to Starbucks and grab a bite to eat at the local eateries accross the street but the hotel itself - BAD EXPERIENCE FOR US.

3  Thank TheDiplomat3
CelebrationSales, Director of Sales & Marketing at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2009

Based on the numerous positive reviews of the property, I believe that a great number of guests find our hotel to be "delightfully charming". I regret that you did not enjoy your stay.

For clarification, please permit me to address a few items from your review.

The Celebration Hotel is a boutique hotel, rated "Four Diamonds" by AAA and named "Top 1% of Hotels Worldwide" by Expedia. Being an independent boutique, we are notably different from the numerous chain hotels. Most guests find those differences to be refreshing. Again, I regret that you did not.

Guest are greeted by Grand Performers at two registration desks - and I mean "desks" in the most literal sense. Upon arrival, guests sit with the Concierge or Front Desk Agent to review their room preferences and itinerary. You noted this negatively in your review; however, I feel this is just one of the personal touches that make the Celebration Hotel a special place to stay. As you noted, it is certainly a different experience from most of the hotels in Orlando.

The Celebration Hotel was built in 1999 to resemble a 1920's Florida waterfront hotel. The decor throughout the hotel is timeless with native Florida accents, such as hand carved Florida Cypress floors, rather than modern. The door hinges that you noted on the guest rooms are copper and have developed a patina, as designed.

I am pleased to hear that the requested repair in your room was made quickly and efficiently. After speaking with our Director of Engineering, it also appears that they offered to move you to an upgraded guestroom because of the incident.

Thank you for your feedback and your continued support. We understand that you have considerable options in the market and we sincerely appreciate you choosing the Celebration Hotel.

Reviewed April 14, 2009

We had a lovely 1 night stay at the Celebration Hotel before our week at WDW. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was very knowledgeable and professional. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Confirmation was sent to my e-mail upon on-line booking. I then received a reminder e-mail confirming my reservation a couple of days prior to arrival with concierge information and information about restaurants, activities in the area. Valet parking attendants were prompt and professional as well.

The Celebration area was a nice quiet place to relax before our week of crowds and craziness at WDW. We walked along the town's boardwalk down to a park to let our toddler play out some energy before bedtime. The boardwalk goes a long a small lake with shops, restaurants and entertainment shops around it. There were lots of benches and rockers along the boardwalk to enjoy the scenery and atomosphere. They were having a street market that night as well which was an extra treat.

We enjoyed a lovely breakfast at the hotel before we left. Again, service and food was impeccable. We weren't there long enough to enjoy all of its amenities, but we have no complaints about this hotel and will consider it again if in the area. Would recommend this place to friends and family without hestitation.

1  Thank esgordon
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We planned a last minute family trip to Disney for Spring Break and found that many hotels in the area were already full. We decided to stay here based on all the great reviews and the affordable price (relatively speaking of course). We booked two rooms and opted to splurge for "lakeview" rooms which the website classified as "superior". I called ahead and asked for adjoining - or at least rooms that would be side by side so that we could keep tabs on the kids ages 18 & 13. I reserved thru travelocity and asked for a king bed for one room and two beds for the kid's room. On arrival we were assigned rooms on the 1st floor that were within earshot of the check in desk (lobby area). While the rooms were side by side they were not adjoining and the doors were probably at least 15 feet from each other. I guess I expected the doors to be side by side. The business center was directly across the hall from the kids' room and one night there was a young man checking out pictures of girls on the internet in direct view of us coming out of our daughter's room. We could often hear people talking in the hallway outside our door as they had a small art gallery set up there. The rooms were nice with high ceilings but nothing extravagant for sure. The fridge is unusable because it's stocked with the hotel's WAY OVERPRICED "goodies". A bottle of beer from the fridge will set you back $7.00. I opened the curtain expecting to find a door out to a patio/balcony area with a lake view. (Remember - we did pay extra for that "superior room") No such luck. Our view of the lake was mostly obscured by vegetation and spider webs outside. If you opt to pay for the lake view room make sure you ask for an upper floor.
Oh, and the girls' room also only had one king bed -forcing them to sleep in the same bed together LOL. When we asked about changing rooms we were told the hotel was booked for the night but they might be able to accomodate us the following day. Since our days were all planned out and full of activities at Disney we decided that we would stay put since we would not be hanging out at the hotel much anyway.
Parking is generally about a block away or you can opt for valet parking for an extra $13 per day. There's also an extra $12 a day resort fee that you cannot opt out of. This fee gets you a daily USA Today, a couple of bottles of water daily, wireless internet, some range balls at the nearby golf course, and maybe a couple of other amneties that most people don't need.
While I realize the tone of this review is mostly negative, we did find the staff very pleasant . All in all, this is a nice hotel that could have been much nicer had our room placement been different. If we ever stay here again we'll definitely ask for more specifics about the location of the room.

Reviewed March 20, 2009

As I was planning a trip to Florida several weeks ago, I happened across a deal on TripAdvisor for this property. I had heard of the planned community of Celebration before, and had always been interested in touring it, but had no idea there was a hotel there too. The deal being advertised was for a little over $100 for one night, including breakfast buffet for two and free valet parking. The property looked very nice in the photos, had great ratings, and was noted to be a AAA 4-diamond property, so we booked.

Let me just say, even with all the positives coming into my stay, this property FAR exceeded my expectations! The hotel itself is beautiful, and the location -- in the middle of the town of Celebration and overlooking a peaceful lake -- is great, too. The rooms by themselves were standard, but we had a view of the lake and town from our porch, which was wonderful. The hotel has a lovely little lobby bar area, a couple of cute sitting areas by the front door, and a nice lake-side deck off the back. The pool is small and intimate, but was never crowded. We didn't use the fitness room (which looked to be well-appointed), but we did use the hot tub area, which was located in a quasi-secluded area yet still had a nice view of the lake and a portion of the town.

And again, the hotel sits immediately in the town, so we were only a block away from bars, restaurants, stores, etc. There seemed to be a great deal of variety with what was immediately nearby, and it was pleasant to see so many people outdoors enjoying themselves, even into the evening.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the exceptional quality of the staff at the hotel. Everyone was exceedinly friendly, and I felt as though everyone was concerned that I had the highest quality stay while at the property. This even extended into breakfast in the morning (by the way, EXCELLENT full buffet selection, including kitchen service for items like omelettes and waffles), where we had a lovely chat with one of the guest ambassadors.

Staying at this amazing hotel was a great start for our Florida vacation. In fact, I am already considering a return to this same property next year...but for a much longer stay!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian076
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#84 of 340 in Orlando
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!