“Great Staff Comfortable Hotel”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Went to assist friends who had scheduled surgery at Florida Hospital! Staff was caring and attentive! Valencia on reception, Israel on the Valet Parking and Nick Saltmarsh (General Manager) were all very helpful and responsive. We had a very enjoyable meal by the lake on Sunday evening (good food) pleasant wait staff and it took our minds off the coming day. This hotel is a cozy and comfortable place, not stuffy. A Boutique property. On Monday evening, we returned late to the hotel and had another enjoyable meal by the lake, after a long day at the hospital. What a place to relax and unwind. We were on the patio overlooking the lake and enjoyed the music coming from the lounge bar as we ate our dinner. Next day we checked out and left our book bag with an IPad in the lobby. They tracked us down at the hospital and we were able to pick it up before we left Celebration.
Jon
PS: If you do not have your Marriott rewards number they cannot look it up for you as they are not hooked into the Marriott system. If you book through Marriott, then take your printed confirmation with you.

Room Tip: Room 216 has a balcony and chairs, and a great view Room 220 is a corner room, but no balcony, but...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jon S
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Jon S,
Thank you for your wonderful review! Our hotel is just minutes away from the world renowned Florida Hospital Celebration making it convenient for guests here on hospital business! We pride ourselves on a “cozy and comfortable” atmosphere; we’re glad it showed! Our live music on the terrace with picturesque views adds to the allure of our hotel. We were so glad to see your iPad was returned promptly and that you remembered excellent service from Israel, Nick and Valerie! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Next week I travel back to the Orlando area and this will be my 3rd strait year of visiting the Bohemian Hotel in Celebration. My wife and I had to see our teenage son off as he traveled to Merritt Island and subsequently Orlando International to Asia for a 6 week stay. I shared with the staff our reason for the visit and once we arrived, Denisha was delightful with her assistance. She found us the perfect room with a great lake view. This hotel has the amenities and value that we appreciate but it's their staff that really makes the place special.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EddieToccoa

Dear EddieToccoa,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful post! We absolutely agree that it’s our staff “that really makes the place special.” We love our repeat guests and the relationships we form with them over the years and we take pride in the fact that people like Denisha are why guests keep coming back! Our lake views have some incredible views overlooking Lake Rianhard. Our property also borders the walking trail allowing our guests to stroll (or jog) outside and enjoy the beautiful Florida weather!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just spent a Sunday night in room 202 with a lake and city view. Enjoyed the windows on two sides being on the end of a wing. Balcony was about 18 inches deep by six feet wide, so it was possible just to step outside, but not to sit.

Decor is nicely done with dark striped carpet and white cover on four post bed. No closet...just a wardrobe for hanging a few clothes.

Lighting is a problem when dusk comes. There is so little light in the bath that I had a hard time finding my glasses as I stepped out of the shower. Bulbs need to be stronger for us seniors. Also the shower curtain needs to be about four inches longer so the floor does not flood from the shower run off.

It was nice walking out the hotel door and finding a dozen or so places to eat. And the park like seating there is great for people watching.

It is a shame that the leaf blowing crew revs up first thing Monday morning wildly disturbing the peace and quiet. Could this be postponed until noon or done quietly with brooms? A few leaves on the sidewalks don't bother me one bit, but leaf blowers annoy the crap out of me!

My only meal on site was the free continental breakfast served to Marriott rewards members. It consisted of yogurt with granola and four berries, an English muffin, two smaller muffins, orange juice and tea or coffee, and tasted great. Service in the main lobby area was fine with few people eating around 8am.

Parking on the street was easy, and the close, but secluded feel of the hotel was nice. The room is cosy for two adults but would be too crowded with a child. This hotel us not designed for children, which is good for those of us not traveling with kids.

Overall it is a nice place, but be prepared to pay top dollar in the peak spring season.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank bagsalwayspacked

Dear Bagsalwayspacked,
We’re glad you got to enjoy one of our corner rooms that offer ideal views of both Downtown Celebration and Lake Rianhard! The “secluded feel” of our hotel is one of the key factors in our guests booking our hotel; we are close to just about every major location in Orlando but far enough away that our guests may enjoy the more serene moments a vacation (or even work) can afford! We have just received a shipment of brand new shower curtains; besides a great design they are also going to improve water containment! Our Marriott Rewards breakfast is a great option for our Marriott Gold and Platinum guests; points can be obtained in lieu of breakfast as well. I hope next time you visit you try a meal in our Bohemian Bar & Grill for lunch or dinner!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We used Luxury Link and had a Lakeview studio. (room 226) Lovely location of the room and very quiet. Nice sofa area and little balcony. Very comfortable bed. Loved the location of the hotel. We were able to enjoy walking around the lake. Lovely HEATED pool. Breakfast was included with our package. It was very good. We had drinks a few nights at the property. A little too expensive compared to the local restaurants and pubs. We also were sitting at an outdoor table when a waiter asked us to move!!! He said this table was reserved for others!!! (There was another table on the patio with a "reserved" sign so we had avoided that table!) He told us we could sit there but must vacate our seats with the heaters behind them! We grudgingly carried our expensive drinks to the other table. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable. Every night was quiet EXCEPT for Monday night. There was a lot of activity and music in the main area. It was a shame that it was so loud but more of a shame that we didn't know about this band playing because maybe we would have enjoyed it!!!
Overall, we enjoyed the property and would plan to visit again.

Room Tip: Room 226 has a lovely view of the lake. Quiet area UNLESS there is activity on the outside patio.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie B

Connie06,
Thank you so much for staying with us on a Luxury Link Package! We liked to hear you had a “lovely location of the room”. Many of our rooms offer our guests lovely views, not only of the lake, but of downtown Celebration as well! The Bohemian Bar and Grill offers great value for drinks and appetizers Monday thru Friday from 4-7, it’s a great time to wind down! Please accept my apologies for your experience out on the terrace and know this has been passed to our Food and Beverage leaders so we keep this from happening again. We are also coming up with new and exciting live music options for our guests! I love how you recognized our “lovely HEATED pool”, which is perfect given some of our chilly nights (for Florida…). We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the area!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and I decided to treat us to a King Suite - unfortunately this was nothing special. In the seating area, the sofa was to the side of the tv; not very relaxing.
The bedroom only had ONE bedside table!!!! Unbelievable. I would agree with other reviewers that the service from the staff was mixed, is thia really one of Marriot's 'Autograph' hotels?
The hotel is superbly located with many fine eating places around, but I will not be staying again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank minder9
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Minder9,
I am happy to hear during your last stay you were able to enjoy the town of Celebration and all it has to offer with superb dining and shopping options. Our restaurant Bohemian Bar & Grill offers one of the best views in town to complement the food.
I am sorry to hear the room did not meet your expectations in its layout. Moreover, I do not like to see that our staff failed to meet the expectations of you or any other guest. I hope you decide to give us another opportunity. Please contact me personally to go more in depth of your experience.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were able to leave the cold in Pa for a four night in Florida. We stayed at the Bohemian and enjoyed our stay. Hotel is very clean, modern decoration and friendly staff. The standard rooms are a bit small but ok for two people. The town is close to everything but amazingly quiet. We ate at several of the local restaurant's and enjoyed them all. prices were reasonable, food very good.

We would stay here again if returning to the area. I would book a larger room if I was saying any longer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tomeschauer

Dear Tomeschauer,
We’re glad we were able to give you a much deserved respite from the chilly Pennsylvania winter! Each and every winter our Grand Performers look forward to welcoming guests to our hotel with a bright Florida welcome! Thank you for your appreciation of our “modern decoration”; it is a vital core component of our company’s vision to have a sharp modern look that still complements our “amazingly quiet” location! In addition to our standard rooms we also offer studios and one bedroom suites for guests looking for some extra space! We hope next winter when it’s time to soak up some sun you return to see us!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We new Celebration was a nice area and after looking at the hotel website showing the lovely picture of the hotel and rooms we decided our 2 week golf trip would be at this hotel. We arrived at 8pm after a long flight from the UK on Wednesday 12th Feb and we went to reception and they told us the hotel was fully booked but we were fortunate to have room 306 which looked over the lake. When we entered the room we were so disappointed as it was nothing like the website photos. The wardrobe rail was 20 inches long. We had one easy chair with a table which was half the size of the bed side cabinet. On this small table were two bottles of water available at $5 each. This was when I realised that the room didn't have a fridge. To view the lake you had to stand up as the window was about 5 feet above the floor. The WiFi was very intermittent and I complained on a number of occasions. Fortunately Starbucks were only 400yds away which had fantastic reception. The cost of this room was $230 which rose to $248 per night for the 3 days covering the Valentines Weekend. This was not Marriott quality. This is the 4th year my wife and I have visited Florida and although I have been critical about the room in the hotel we found the staff here were really nice and offered us fantastic service. We wont be back to stay at this hotel but we will come back for a drink and meal in the bar.

Room Tip: Do not have rooms on the 3rd Floor unless they have a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike M

Mike M,
I was very happy to hear you enjoyed the restaurant and food and beverage options in the hotel; I was even more pleased to hear your appreciation for our staff! The town of Celebration is absolutely beautiful and I was glad we could be a part of what you enjoyed,
That being said, I am sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant room experience, especially for two weeks. Although I am glad you were able to remedy your wifi issue; i apologize you had to do so by leaving our hotel. Our wifi issue is being addressed at present. I am glad to hear you will come back for our restaurant and staff; I hope you will change your mind about forgoing a stay here. Should you wish to discuss this in more detail please contact me! Paul

Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
1 mi away
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#31 of 342 in Orlando
Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!