“Small and quiet with character.”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Florida
“Small and quiet with character.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Celebration is a beautiful small town developed by Disney. It is so quaint that you do not realize that you are off SR192 from Disney. We love Kessler and Kimpton boutique hotels with original décor and art. This hotel is small and the lobby décor is beautiful, but the rooms lack the taste and unique feel of the Kessler Grand Bohemian or any Kimpton hotel in the U.S. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel. The have a bar and tables in the lobby and sell it as an upscale restaurant worth the crazy menu price. You can choose to eat outside, which seems to be what they direct you toward....but this is Florida and most times of the year, it is hot, humid, muggy and buggy, and we don't want to eat outside.....at home or at a $$$ restaurant. We did have a group in the lobby/bar/restaurant for a night cap and we ordered a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon wine. We were given small, white wine glasses for the Cab. We asked if there were red wine glasses and were told there were not. We asked for an all-purpose glass and were told there were no other wine glasses because those were what fit in the dishwasher. If they want to sell a $140.00 bottle of red wine........have appropriate glasses available! The room was very clean and comfortable. They nickel and dime Wi-Fi ($14.95) and parking ($14.95-$19.95). A nice area away from the Disney hustle, yet close enough to enter it when you want. But, not what you expect in a boutique hotel, not inviting for family and not a value. Staff and service were great. I won't return but I would recommend it if it is what you are looking for,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night on Labor Day weekend before checking into a hotel at Universal. After one night, I regretted my decision not to stay longer! This hotel has the right mix of character, amenities, location and service. Checked in and was immediately recognized as Marriott Platinum. Was upgraded to a lake view suite. The room was well furnished and had a Bose radio playing a smooth hotel branded cd. There was a happy hour with drink specials in the lobby bar with a live saxophonist. The crowd was a mix of locals enjoying a drink after work and hotel guests. There is also a nice restaurant with outdoor seating and an excellent lake view. The pool was small but clean and warm. The best part was that it wasn't filled with screaming kids! In fact, we were the only ones in the pool when we chose to use it. The location couldn't be better and we walked over to the Town Tavern across the street for dinner and drinks. There is also a starbucks and a wealth of shopping and food in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Continental breakfast was included with my rate and included fruit, yogurt, muffin, toast, juice and coffee. Service was slow even though the restaurant was not crowded. I did witness some amazing kindness on the part of the staff that I would like to highlight. During breakfast, one of the servers noticed that a squirrel had jumped onto the lily pads in the lake, dangerously close to the resident alligator! Bohemian to the rescue! Several employees used a long pole and some coaxing to get the squirrel back on dry land and out of harms way. This was a wonderful thing to see and showed me that this hotel really does have a staff that is special. Next time I am in the Orlando area, the Bohemian Celebration will be a top choice for me. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, ask for one!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ezajac
Garden City Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a small hotel, but I room was large and comfortable with a nice lake view. I was there on business, but would love to take my wife there if the occasion arises in the future.

Parking is on street or by valet. I had no trouble with street parking and found that I was never more than one small block away.

There are many nice restaurants a short walk away and a nice lake to walk around after a good meal.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor (end room) and even it was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a pretty hotel. What a wonderful little town Celebration is. We stayed here as a stopover heading to Lego Land. I had gotten a great price online $99 for a standard room-town view.
Normally, we choose suite hotels with breakfast included and free parking, however, the town and hotel looked very interesting so we had to see. We were not disappointed! First of all, you do not need to valet your car. There are plenty of parking spots. close by. The hotel is not away from the town. It is part of it which means everything is within walking distance .The lobby is Tommy Bahama-esque-Dark wood/tropical. The reception area blends into the lobby-not separated or stands out. Very comfortable feeling. Now, because I got the "deal", I thought they would treat me a little differently. Boy did they! They upgraded my room to a Jr. suite with a lake view! The rooms are very nicely decorated too. The bathrooms have Bohemian brand toiletries with nice red packaging. The coffee is Starbucks. The view from the room was great, overlooking a beautiful lake. We had a balcony with chairs too. so nice. The gym is very nice and clean. The pool which is overlooking the lake was very pretty . We were so glad we visited the Bohemian and lovely town of Celebration. I would definitely recommend staying here at least one night if in the Disney area! Its an experience!

Room Tip: We went to The Columbia restaurant-sangria ,Cuban sandwich, steak kids meal, highly recommended. The...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent one night here before meeting the family at Disney. What a great place! Numerous restaurants within walking distance. Checkin was quick and easy. Cheese and wine sent to room after checkin was nice touch. There is a nice bar in the lobby area. This is a boutique hotel, so don't expect huge rooms, but if you want a great experience in a nice little area, this one is worth the stop.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a single night here at the start of a 3 week break in Orlando. The location is pleasant and the lobby and room were lovely. We were very let down by one unfortunate incident which left a poor taste in the mouth and would mean we would not reuse the hotel. We booked and paid for a family room (including breakfast) as there were 3 of us including our 16 year old daughter. The payment included breakfast but they would only redeem breakfast for 2, blaming Expedia. This is ridiculous - you don't arrange a family room for three but need only two breakfasts. They should have honoured it but not only failed to do so but were unfriendly in communicating this. Shame. Very let down.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear JD Butters, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel though I am disappointed to hear about your experience with breakfast. There are a selection of packages available that include breakfast and I apologize that this Expedia package did not clearly indicate how many people were included. I have shared the importance of communicating the details of our packages with a guest at checkin so there is not any confusion. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention and if I may ever be of assistance please feel free to reach out to me. Sincerely, Betsy
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Walking in around 3 August 25 and asked if a room was ready. I had booked a lake view room online. I was told yes a room was ready and given 205. We went to our room looking forward to the view. It was a beautiful room. Quite lovely...and then I opened the curtain...town, people-no lake. I looked at my email confirmation just to be sure and it showed lake view. We went back down to the desk and the room was corrected right away. I believe the lady at the desk was receiving training. Opening the door to the correct room I was disappointed to see an adjoining door. My experience has been an adjoining door leads to unwanted noise. As it turns out the maid was servicing the room and vacuuming at the time. I couldn't here but a very slight hum. It was awesome! We got settled in our room then went right away downstairs to lounge by the pool and eat lunch. We just hung out for hours nibbling, talking, watching the thunderstorm, and then using the hot tub and pool. We had the absolute best service from Tracy who served us that Saturday. She made our Saturday so relaxing, peaceful and fun. I signed the bill and don't feel that on a $50 ticket I gave her enough in a $10 tip. I thought I need to find her and remedy this. Later we were headed out to eat so using the room it was lovely and comfortable. I did notice a panel near the door like an air intake was not fully attached to the wall..(I forgot to report that.) We went out then came back to the hotel. We all ended up in my room talking late into the night. Finally deciding to get more comfortable even though we had guests I propped some pillows then leaned against the headboard. It was fine. My husband does the same thing and the top(nearest the headboard) caves in. There was no support there. It was after 11:30 so we waited until morning to report it. Sleeping on the bed in room 228 was comfortable. No noise, lovely view, comfortable surroundings...We can't wait to come back to the Bohemian. The next morning I call guest services, a fast talker answered. I told her we're going to be staying for a late check out. She says, I can book you until noon. I said we'd really like to stay until 1. Is that ok. She had me hold a moment and then said yes, that would be fine. We went downstairs to have a leisurely breakfast and visit with our friends...come back up to the room to change into our swimsuits and the door was locked. Our cards had been cut off at 11am(usual check out)...another little inconvenience...(Our friends room had not been locked out...hmm) so, went downstairs the young lady from the day before was there to assist us. She apologized and then attempted to reactivate them...she was at the desk alone and said she didn't have the log on for that activity and went to find someone. Two ladies came back and she corrected the activation. All in all, our overnight experience at the Bohemian was wonderful, exceptional, outstanding. We cannot wait to go back to this location and/or try out more of the Autograph Collection. (we have stayed at Casa Monica in St Augustine). There were a couple of oddball things but nothing to diminish the lovely experience and the lessen the professional, courteous, outstanding service we received. We ate breakfast the next morning and were again quite happy all around with the service, food and view. Don't miss out on this hotel!

Room Tip: go for a lake view..just do it!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#27 of 337 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,115 reviews
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 337 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,389 reviews
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!