“Great stay before Disney”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent one night here before meeting the family at Disney. What a great place! Numerous restaurants within walking distance. Checkin was quick and easy. Cheese and wine sent to room after checkin was nice touch. There is a nice bar in the lobby area. This is a boutique hotel, so don't expect huge rooms, but if you want a great experience in a nice little area, this one is worth the stop.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a single night here at the start of a 3 week break in Orlando. The location is pleasant and the lobby and room were lovely. We were very let down by one unfortunate incident which left a poor taste in the mouth and would mean we would not reuse the hotel. We booked and paid for a family room (including breakfast) as there were 3 of us including our 16 year old daughter. The payment included breakfast but they would only redeem breakfast for 2, blaming Expedia. This is ridiculous - you don't arrange a family room for three but need only two breakfasts. They should have honoured it but not only failed to do so but were unfriendly in communicating this. Shame. Very let down.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear JD Butters, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel though I am disappointed to hear about your experience with breakfast. There are a selection of packages available that include breakfast and I apologize that this Expedia package did not clearly indicate how many people were included. I have shared the importance of communicating the details of our packages with a guest at checkin so there is not any confusion. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention and if I may ever be of assistance please feel free to reach out to me. Sincerely, Betsy

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Walking in around 3 August 25 and asked if a room was ready. I had booked a lake view room online. I was told yes a room was ready and given 205. We went to our room looking forward to the view. It was a beautiful room. Quite lovely...and then I opened the curtain...town, people-no lake. I looked at my email confirmation just to be sure and it showed lake view. We went back down to the desk and the room was corrected right away. I believe the lady at the desk was receiving training. Opening the door to the correct room I was disappointed to see an adjoining door. My experience has been an adjoining door leads to unwanted noise. As it turns out the maid was servicing the room and vacuuming at the time. I couldn't here but a very slight hum. It was awesome! We got settled in our room then went right away downstairs to lounge by the pool and eat lunch. We just hung out for hours nibbling, talking, watching the thunderstorm, and then using the hot tub and pool. We had the absolute best service from Tracy who served us that Saturday. She made our Saturday so relaxing, peaceful and fun. I signed the bill and don't feel that on a $50 ticket I gave her enough in a $10 tip. I thought I need to find her and remedy this. Later we were headed out to eat so using the room it was lovely and comfortable. I did notice a panel near the door like an air intake was not fully attached to the wall..(I forgot to report that.) We went out then came back to the hotel. We all ended up in my room talking late into the night. Finally deciding to get more comfortable even though we had guests I propped some pillows then leaned against the headboard. It was fine. My husband does the same thing and the top(nearest the headboard) caves in. There was no support there. It was after 11:30 so we waited until morning to report it. Sleeping on the bed in room 228 was comfortable. No noise, lovely view, comfortable surroundings...We can't wait to come back to the Bohemian. The next morning I call guest services, a fast talker answered. I told her we're going to be staying for a late check out. She says, I can book you until noon. I said we'd really like to stay until 1. Is that ok. She had me hold a moment and then said yes, that would be fine. We went downstairs to have a leisurely breakfast and visit with our friends...come back up to the room to change into our swimsuits and the door was locked. Our cards had been cut off at 11am(usual check out)...another little inconvenience...(Our friends room had not been locked out...hmm) so, went downstairs the young lady from the day before was there to assist us. She apologized and then attempted to reactivate them...she was at the desk alone and said she didn't have the log on for that activity and went to find someone. Two ladies came back and she corrected the activation. All in all, our overnight experience at the Bohemian was wonderful, exceptional, outstanding. We cannot wait to go back to this location and/or try out more of the Autograph Collection. (we have stayed at Casa Monica in St Augustine). There were a couple of oddball things but nothing to diminish the lovely experience and the lessen the professional, courteous, outstanding service we received. We ate breakfast the next morning and were again quite happy all around with the service, food and view. Don't miss out on this hotel!

Room Tip: go for a lake view..just do it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel impressed from the moment we arrived, as we we're greeted by one of the friendliest Concierge teams we've ever met.

Reception area decor is very 'cool', with lots of unusual seating options including outside rockers- always a plus!

Room also decorated well, in muted greens- very Floridian style. Rockers on the balcony over looking the lake were wonderful.

Very quite location, didn't feel like Orlando at all. It was great to wander out at night to various restaurants. The pub proved a good option for dinner on a couple of occasions, followed by an enormous ice cream sundae at the parlour down the street. Main Street Diner delivered a great breakfast experience, busy yet friendly. We didn't eat in the hotel, only because we we're keen to wander around the town.

We were able to park on the street on all nights bar Saturday, as there was a wedding in the hotel. This meant we incurred parking charges on the hotel car park which I do disagree with, as it was self park and we were guests. Valet was an option but we didn't take it up.

Pool slightly small (in comparison to your normal hotel pool) with a limited number of chairs / loungers but as the hotel is not large this didn't prove a problem.

For me this is a couples hotel, as theres a romantic feel to it.

Had a Bathroom plug issue which was speedily remedied by friendly House Keeping team.
In fact all of the staff we're friendly and helpful.

I love Celebration and would definitely stay at this hotel again, a very relaxing way to end a busy Florida holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear CatchWalter, I appreciate your nice review and I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and the charming town of Celebration. If you have the opportunity to return, the town has a wonderful holiday celebration in the month of December with music, lights and a nightly snow fall. If I may ever be of assistance please feel free to contact me at the hotel. Thank you for staying with us! Sincerely, Betsy

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I were excited about staying one night at this boutique hotel, sort of a romantic quick getaway. Yes, the lobby area was delightful and gave off an eclectic vibe. Valet parking guy was nice, check-in easy, even an upgrade to a lake view room. However, things went downhill from there. Taking a shower was a nightmare of cold then scalding water. The faucet wouldn't produce warm water no matter how much I turned up or down. I went with the cold shower (how romantic!). No glasses in the bathroom for tooth brushing; coffeemaker broken so no morning coffee; bed comforter stained & turned upside down to hide (yes, little things do matter esp. in an "upscale" hotel). Worst, the room was incredibly noisy at night due to an exhaust vent right near the bed. All night long the thing was whizzing and churning--no sleep. What really gets me is that I left my expensive toothbrush behind. When I called the hotel to make inquiries, I was told someone would call me back. No one ever did. Housekeeping was in the room as we were packing up to leave and I missed it. I am loathe to say the housekeeper took it, but what else should we assume? I've just placed another call, so I hope I'm wrong. All in all, I couldn't have withstood another night in this place. Just like the town of Celebration, it's pretty on the outside, but the reality isn't very nice. Hardly a 5-star stay. I'm sure the manager will respond with the rote, gee, sorry 'bout that, but don't fall for it. There are real problems in this place.

Room Tip: Avoid room 226
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Gina M, thank you for the detailed review of your stay though I am disappointed in your experience with the room. If you would allow us the opportunity to make it up to you please feel free to contact me directly. As far as your toothbrush, we have tried to contact you as we have it in our lost and found. Please let us know how and where you would like it sent and I will personally be sure we expedite the delivery. I appreciate you staying with us and hope we have the opportunity to be of service again. Warm Regards, Betsy

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had to attend to a surgical procedure at Celebration Florida and the Celebration Bohemian Hotel had been recommended to me. Its not one of the greatest "deal" hotels in the area but if you are going to the Disney area and want a nice quiet hotel surrounded by fabulous restaurants, this is the place for you. The hotel is on a lake in the town of Celebration . There are many footpaths around the lake that also lead to other lakes. Amazingly peaceful walks are available. The first night I saw an alligator and a raccoon and the second day I saw an otter. As you are in the center of this small town there are many shops selling clothes, nick nacks, and coffee (Starbucks) . They are all conducive to browsing. The staff are extremely service oriented and friendly. If you have to go anyplace close by the bellman will gladly drive you there for no fee at all. Of course a tip is always nice but never expected. The rooms are very classy and comfortable as are the beds with their pillow top mattresses. The restaurant is noted for its great steaks and also in this small town there are other places to choose from.
Small problems, be aware of the bank machine in the lobby as it charges 8 dollars to withdraw money and be aware that it is $14.95 for the internet for one day which seems like a bit of a rip off. If you walk to Starbucks which is 100 yards from the hotel the internet is free. Other than those problems the hotel is a delight to stay in. Say hello to Jason the bellman and he can give you all the info you desire on the surrounding area. Very service oriented. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: The lakeview seems to be the most exciting. Even saw a gator or two in the water.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PeacekeeperMB
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel. It is lovely! The iced water with orange slices at reception is so refreshing. A peaceful spot away from the resort crowds.
We had a meal and then on another occasion drinks at the lobby bar. Service and food were excellent. Hats off to Tracy!
Room was nice and well equipped with a comfy bed, Also 2 lounge chairs. (Never know what to do with only one in most rooms. Are we supposed to take turns sitting?)
Nice walking trails behind the hotel. Not necessary to pay for parking - plenty on street and in lots.
Could be improved: shower heads dispense water like needles and with such force that it blows the shower curtain out and floods the floor. (odd since another writer complained about poor pressure.) Ventilation in the bathroom could be improved: condensation runs down the walls even with a short warm shower. Also carpets must be dirty, though they don't look it, as dirty footprints happened when you stepped into the shower. Pool is small and could use an umbrella or two at the tables. Not everyone wants to scorch :)
There were several families with children but noise was not an issue at our end of the hallway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 340 in Orlando
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!