“Warning, this Hotel does not opporate like Marriott owned Hotels”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed June 10, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE. I had a very Unfortunite experiece with this Hotel. I had a reservation all good. My flight was initially canceled so I called the hotel to let them know, so they could use the room for another guest. They immediatly informed me, I would be billed one night for cancelation fees. I felt that was not fair, and by the way, Marriott would NEVER treat their customers like that, they were quick to tell me, they are not owned by Marriott and follow there own rules. Just not worth dealling with, do be ware!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Glenn S
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Glenn S, unfortunately our cancellation policy is 72 hours as we typically are not able to book same day reservations, if your flight had been cancelled we would have made an exception. I'm glad you were able to stay at the Gaylord Palms and enjoyed your experience there. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. Best Regards, Betsy

There are newer reviews for Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Selected this hotel because of their convenience to the Global Robotics Institute at Florida Hospital. The staff was extremely friendly and caring, espescially after my surgery. The valets were exceptional. I will return to take advantage of the hotel amenities and the beautiful Celebration Town Center.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, and the location is great, however the front desk staff were indifferent at best. On the first night of our stay the hotel was struck by lightning which damaged the fire alarm system. The fire alarm went off at 10:30pm for a few seconds and was turned off. That was understandable, but at 2:30am (hours after the storm had passed), the fire alarm went off and continued to blare for 20 minutes. We called down to the front desk and were told that there wasn't a fire problem, so we spent the next 20 minutes standing on the bed holding a pillow on the speaker of the alarm so it wouldn't be so deafening. Then the alarm sounded again at 5:30am--this time thankfully only for a couple seconds. I understand that problems can happen, but I was more upset that the hotel did not apologize or even seem to sympathize with the guests. I witnessed the front desk staff be very short with a mother holding a baby who asked about the incident--I was just thankful we did not have any small children with us! I thought that the number one job of a hotel was to provide a good night's sleep, but that night was more of a nightmare....a heartfelt apology would have done wonders to help my frayed nerves. Additionally, the internet was down.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PennyHall

Dear PennyHall, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the hotel and I want to apologize for your experience that night. We did in fact have a lightning strike that hit the roof of the hotel and damaged a board in the fire panel causing the fire alarm to sound intermittently throughout the night. I'm sure it was very aggravating and I'm sorry that you felt the staff was indiffierent. If you would consider a future visit, we would appreciate the oportunity to make it up to you. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any assistance. Best Regards, Betsy

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Bohemian Hotel is a great option for staying in/around Orlando attractions or work on that side of town. The staff was fantastic, the hotel is beautiful and very different from anything else in the area. Live music in the lobby bar area, spacious rooms, and walking distance to some good restaurants and shopping. Would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed for two nights this past week and had an outstanding experience. Everyone we encountered at the hotel went above and beyond to make sure our trip went smoothly and was enjoyable. I must recognize two staff who were outstanding, Valerie at the front desk and Phil at valet/bell stand repeatedly went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.
We were skeptical of staying at such a nice hotel since we were bringing our infant and toddler but everyone seemed to go out of their way to help us or engage the kids and it made the stay very memorable.
We stayed to take the kids to DIsney and the location was perfect (a quick 10 min from Disney) and the town of Celebration was very fun and enjoyable for the whole family. We very much enjoyed the Columbia Restaurant and the Celebration Town Tavern,
This property is a hidden gem and we will be sure to visit again after this great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited celebration last December and vowed to return and stay. Arrived late afternoon after a long transatlantic flight and were delighted to see Celebration was all we remembered.

We had two rooms overlooking the lake,perfect! Visited the bar and enjoyed the atmosphere with live music and good ambiance. Set out for dinner ,stroll around the town and early night.

Took breakfast in lobby area and that's where it all fell flat. Despite there being only two tables occupied we waited 50 minutes for food. Tea and coffee was cold and the continental breakfast dire, no sugar free cereal for my diabetic husband, only frosted or honeyed cereals, not even cornflakes.croissants stale and Inedible Cooked food only o.k.

Serving staff were apologetic but it obviously wasn,t their fault, where were the kitchen staff? Competent catering manager.?

Thank goodness we were on holiday and not going to a business meeting tied to time

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Liz J, thank you for making a return visit and I am glad you enjoyed everything...up until breakfast. I do appreciate you letting us know about your concerns and I have shared your comments with the food and beverage team. We do have a low sugar low fat free cereal, Kelloggs Granola with Raisins, so I apologize that this was not offered to you. I hope when you visit again, you will let me know so we can be sure to provide you with the exceptional quality and service you would expect in our restaurant. Warm Regards, Betsy

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My company puts many employees in this hotel due to its proximity to our Celebration office. However, we consistently see major problems with connectivity over WIFI. It's slow and intermittent, which is a bummer in this area where cell service is very weak (I think the Stepford-esque town of Celebration wouldn't allow 'ugly' cell towers anywhere. Just a guess.)

The hotel is beautiful and clean, very scenic, and nice staff. No complaints if this was a vacation, but for a business traveler, poor WIFI makes brings this hotel down a few notches.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of the problem you experienced with your WIFI. We have recently doubled our bandwidth and put additional routers in the hotel so I am disappointed to hear this happened. I will be sure to follow up with our IT department. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel otherwise and hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service again. Sincerely, Betsy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 340 in Orlando
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!