“A decent hotel, but a bummer if you are visiting Disney.”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Boca Raton, Florida
“A decent hotel, but a bummer if you are visiting Disney.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The wife and I had $200 Kesler gift cards. Being that this and the more $$$ Grand Bohemian were the only hotels to accept these gift cards, we stayed here for our recent Disney trip.

PROS:
-The hotel is situated in Celebration Florida, which is a quaint town, designed to appear like something from the Stepford Wives movie.

-Parking isn't hard to find, so no valet is needed.

-We rented bikes and rode around Celebration. A fun, scenic form of cardio.

-The waiter we had at the hotel restaurant was good, and the food we had was delicious.

-The bed was soft, comfortable, and we both slept like the dead.

-The room has a safe.

-The sink area had ample light.

-The room was climate controlled and quiet.

CONS:
-The hotel check in staff are kind of cold. For instance, we asked for a good place to eat bereakfast in Celebration. The gal behind the check in desk said, "I don't know. Anywhere in the downtown part is fine."

-The hotel had no fridge, and we had to have one delivered to our room.

-The carpet had tons of dust bunnies.

-Our shower curtain had mold on it.

-The shower water pressure was a joke. I'm practically bald and could barely manage to effectively wash my "scraps'.

-One of our dresser drawers were broken.

-It's not a place for kids. There's really nothing for them to do.

-The biggest negative was the hotel doesn't have a shuttle to the resorts. This meant that we had to drive everywhere on this Disney trip. Normally we stay on Disney property, and leave our car in the hotel parking lot for days. It stinks having to curtail drinking in Epcot so I could be sober to drive back to the hotel.

If you have no kids, are coming here to relax, not go to Disney, and are into biking, running, or walking, this hotel may be a winner for you. Celebration has tons of trails boardwalks, and pretty sights to take in. Other than that, you might as well get a hotel on or close to Disney property, and save your gas and money.

Room Tip: Our room (353) overlooked Bloom Street. Nothing to see, but the room was quiet, and we weren't t...
2 Thank Todd M
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Todd M, I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel and I am disappointed that it did not meet your expectations. I have followed up with housekeeping and front desk and shared your comments as we pride ourselves in the service we provide and we let you down. Thank you again for outlining the details as this can only help us to improve. Please let me know If I may ever be of assistance. Sincerely, Betsy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Port Saint Joe, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I hesitate to encourage tourists to visit this absolutely fabulous hotel. We started in the intimate bar where the bartender was so genuine and friendly she had everyone at the bar in a jovial mood. We had planned to have dinner in the restaurant but we ate at the bar instead and split an order of roast lamb that was gigantic, reasonably priced and DELICIOUS. Our room was romantic and had a great view of the lake. hole dining a tray of cheese, crackers and wine had been delivered to our room. We definately will stay there again. The town of Celebration is so perfect it is like the town in The STEPFORD WIVES but delightful and off the beaten path.

Kissimmee, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel - The hotel itself is very beautiful. It is right in the middle of Celebration, has a great interior, beautiful lobby, and great theming. And here is where it goes down hill...

Check-In - Check-in process was very quick and impersonal. While it was very efficient, I didn't really feel like they cared or valued that we were staying there.

Rooms - I reserved a standard room, and was put on the second floor. The room itself was great. The king sized bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have slept on in awhile. I kind of wanted to run away with it! The room had a Bose radio in it, with a couple of Kessler Collection CD's filled with great music. I enjoyed the music so much that I actually purchased one of the CD's from the Front Desk. That was a very nice touch.

Bathroom - Eh. Firstly, the coffee and tea maker is kept in the Bathroom. Kind of an odd place to keep that.... Is that even really sanitary? Secondly, the toiletries that were provided were very poor quality. Don't let the beautiful labeling fool you! The soap left my skin very dry, and the lotion made my skin even more dry! Shampoo and Conditioner were both very watery. Thirdly, the showerhead is one of those "low-flow" conservative heads... SO ANNOYING. I don't want to come to stay at hotels to have a low-flow showerhead. While it may conserve water in the short-term, long-term it does not because everyone is taking 70 minute showers to try to get the soap off of you.

Housekeeping - So.... This is the first time that I have actually written a section just about housekeeping.... This part of the trip really, really ticked me off. Most of you know that with any housekeeping department, a rooming list is provided to them each day. The rooming list will typically have information onto which rooms are departing, arriving, and staying over. We were only here for 1 night, so on the morning of our check-out, one would think that Housekeeping would wait till about around check-out time to turn down the room, and prepare it for the arriving guests... NO... This did NOT happen... At approximately 8:37AM, someone from Housekeeping proceeded to knock on our door to see if it was ready to be turned down... REALLY? 8:37AM on a departing room?!?!?! Hell, this would have still been super early for a stay over guest... So after this little wake up call, we went back to bed..... At 11:30AM (we had requested late check-out, the evening before) Housekeeping made an encore performance, and knocked on our door again... When I came to the door this time, the housekeeper said "Hello! Did you know that check out is at 11AM?" I replied with, "Yes. Yes I did... Did you know that we had requested a late check-out and was provided by the Front Desk?" As above, not only does this resort have some inconsistencies, they must have trouble with communication from department to department as well.

Check-Out - Check-Out process was better. Not as impersonal as Check-In, but not amazing. The manager who checked us out was very friendly, and efficient, and we were out of there fast.

Overall, this was an "eh" experience. While it was very comfortable, there is still a lot to work on... Hopefully it gets better over time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Kevin Charles M, thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of your stay at the hotel. Both your positive comments as well as areas of opportunity have been reviewed with the team at our staff meeting. I do apologize for the challenges you experienced with being disturbed in your room. If you are visiting again, please let me know as we would appreciate the opportunity to make it up to you. Best Regards, Betsy
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This has to be one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in, in the nicest location I have been and we have been coming here or many years now.

The setting on the lake is ideal, it's situation to the town centre with amazing bars and diners is perfect.

Every time we holiday in Florida we come here just to soak up the atmosphere it is something special.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter if you look over the lake or the town the rooms are good and the views great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hollywood,Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Located on a great location in the heart of Celebration on a picturesque lake and within walking distance of downtown Celebration. The hotel itself is nicely appointed and a very gracious and attentive staff. I was here on business but can only imagine if I was here for pleasure! I saw that the General Manager was present every morning assisting guest in the lobby during breakfast which was great to see! I felt home even though I was on the road. The only negative was somewhat outdated elevators.

• Stayed May 2013
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Scooter4Rustyin04, thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on the hotel. I especially appreciate your comments regarding the gracious and attentive staff and will be sure to share with the team. I hope you will return for pleasure so you can enjoy relaxing on the lakeside terrance and explore the charming town of Celebration. Please let me know if I may be of assistance. Warm Regards, Betsy
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I live in Orlando but wanted to get away for the weekend and visit one of the Disney parks. Found this hotel on the Marriott website. It's located in downtown Celebration which is very cute. Lots of restaurants and little shops within walking distance from the hotel. It pretty close to the Disney parks as well - no more than a 15 minute drive.

As soon as you pull up into the drive, it looks very bohemian and tropical with outdoor lounge seating. The lobby has the same trendy feel with a lot of chairs and couches to lounge on. Very modern decor. Looks just like the photos on the website. The front desk is an oversized desk with bench seating in front of it which was very personable. You can order drinks and food in the lobby and they also have a few tables set up for dining. There is a full bar as well. The lobby isn't very big but it is comfortable. One of the nights we were there, they had live music. They also have a small pool located around back and I can't forget to mention the art gallery. It's actually a little hallway with art for sale but still very nice.

We stayed in a standard room which was a little small to fit a desk, tv, nightstands and the bed. It was fine because we weren't hanging out in the room all weekend. Bathrooms have been upgraded and look like new. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Overall, I thought it was a great hotel in a great location. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has everything to offer for a romantic getaway. The rooms are clean well equipped and quiet. The view from the rooms are great, you can enjoy room service or take a lovely stroll through town to dine at any one of the best restaurant's in the Kissimmee/Orlando area after a great meal sit by the lake and enjoy a sunset or sunrise or just take in the atmosphere. Then you can walk 100 yards back to your room and decide what you and your partner will do to pass the time....

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 339 in Orlando
JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!