“Great Holiday”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just had a ten day stay at the Bohemian Hotel,Celebration.An excellent hotel.Staff marvellous.Especially the car valet parking staff who were so efficient and friendly.Room was a good size with view of the lake Entertained friends one evening to a super meal in the restaurant..Hotel is conveniently located for the town's amenities.We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, great location, friendly staff, nice rooms and great atmosphere

However ... There is no free wifi, which is disappointing given the cost to stay at the hotel.

Mineral water is charged at $5 per bottle in the room, should this not be complimentary?

We booked a bed and breakfast rate which was over $300, on check in we was given a breakfast voucher. We came to use the voucher at breakfast to be told the voucher only has a $40 value. This is not pointed out when checking in. We Was left disappointed with the voucher as bed and breakfast rate should mean what it says. We spoke to the server at breakfast who said we were not the first to complain about this. Therefor should be made more clearer.

We would defiantly stay here again as the good points out weigh the bad, but would be more choosy about the room rate we would choose.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gareth W
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have wanted to visit Celebration for many years but just never found the time. We were at a tournament at ESPN Center so; this was the time to go. Location was perfect for us to get back forth between games. The hotel is small so easy to get around. We had a water view room with small balcony which was a nice touch. The rooms were adequately furnished except no mini-fridge which for me is always minus. The beds were comfortable which is important. The bathroom was nice except the shower curtain was too short and you had to watch how the shower head was pointed so that it didn’t fly out and water get all over the floor. I think this is a problem and distracts from the visit – I like to keep our room like I do our home. There was a little mold in corners of shower something easily fixed with housekeeping just squirting a little mixture when cleaning and wiping down minutes later and there you have a fresh room and no comments.
You can tell that the hotel is older and there have been updates that had it been constructed more recently that there would have been adjustments to design.
We travel quite a bit and stay at all many price ranges of hotels. It saves on budget and gives me a great point of reference. We used 25,000 points for one night and paid I think $150 for a Saturday night. This is a category 5 in the Marriott branding. I am conflicted about my overall impression of hotel.
Again, how a customer is treated and here is where it goes downhill. Perception. I think this hotel feels it is catering to an affluent clientele but who is affluent is in the eye of the beholder. Certainly the person driving the $200,000 Lamborghini is affluent and I am not. When we checked in, I felt that the clerk should have provided more information regarding parking options and that my credit card would be charged $100 for potential incidentals. How about offering dining choices, what’s going on downtown or how can I help. I was unimpressed by his arrogance and his perception of us. I gave a second chance and struck up a second conversation to see if his demeanor was different. Tip: When talking to someone’s child in this case my 14 year old who thought the expensive car outside was to cool. Play to his age by answering yes I know it is always fun to see a fast sports car. Not “Oh I see them all the time no big deal.” Really! The engine rattled the building and my son was smiling ear to ear.
To the management a little tip: happy wife, happy life; treat my child like gold and happy wife comes back! We stayed at the JW Marriott in Miami and the Omni in New York and not clerk or bellman ever took an attitude with us. I hold you to this same standard. This is where a hotel either understands their business and keeps us coming back. He wasn’t particularly helpful and we are very friendly and like to treat everyone with graciousness. The valet attendants were very pleasant!! Yes, there options for parking valet, paid self-parking
I think a lesson from any other hotel is in order JW, Omni, Hilton and even Disney properties. Honestly, I was treated better in the hotel in Clermont FL and paid a whole lot less. We may go back again because I like the town of Celebration and would to explore there more. But our next tournament at the ESPN Center at the end of Memorial Day weekend, I have decided we will stay someplace else. I think another hotel deserves my business this time. I spend 4 weeks vacationing in a year and make my choices wisely. Maybe the next time I visit Celebration the experience will different. The Front Desk makes a difference and mini fridge for medicine and such.
I am off to Daytona Beach to stay at the Oceanfront Hilton be on the lookout for that review, I am staying in a cabana room for my son.

Room Tip: We choose a water view vs. city view. I know this hotel accepts dogs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingwego
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Travelinwego, thank you for the detailed review of your stay at the hotel and your experience with the staff. I am disappointed to hear that we did not provide you with more information upon arrival. I am also sorry for the way we handled your son's enthusiasm, I especially like the "happy wife, happy life"...so true. If you would consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on another trip please feel free to contact me directly. Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope we have the chance to be of service in the future. Warm Regards, Betsy

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in october 2010 during Halloween - bit late in writing this review. Had seen hotel on many day visits to celebration so when we stayed here we had a very enjoyable experience.Staff polite - especially door men. Room on first night next to boiler room and noisy so moved on second day at mid day to room with two large windows over looking lake. Comfy room with fab views especially on one morning when we could see hot air balloons. Pool area just right and never too busy. Didn't eat at hotel so can't comment but good restaurants practically on the doorstep and a Starbucks if you like your coffee fix whilst sitting on a rocking chair at the side of the lake. We had a very enjoyable time at this hotel and even though it is a bit pricey it does stand out from your typical orlando hotel. Will visit Celebration later in the year and eat at the Tavern just across from the hotel - excellent service and food. The Town of Celebration with its hotel, restaurants, shops, lake with walk way, shops and beautiful houses certainly makes for a lovely break away from hustle and bustle of the theme parks.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was in Orlando on business and my hotel was overbooked and they were able to get me a room at the Bohemian Celebration and what a wonderful surprise in the city where you normally fight crowds, kids and large commercial style hotels. From the moment you arrive at this boutique hotel you realize how special it is. From the service, food and upbeat employees you will find its well worth your time.
Your in the heart of a small village of shops and food all within walking distance. The rooms are large and the service is great. I understand it is a favorite wedding site also.
Their breakfast is great with Sawcut oatmeal to Eggs Benedict to die for.

Room Tip: I am not sure but I understand they are all similar
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Over $500 to stay here for two nights.

Couldnt get a new clean towel to save their lives. Repeatedly asked for them, never came.

Room staff couldn't make a bed to save their lives either. Beds were messy, haphazardly made each morning. Not the first class experience that the hotel conveys.

Front desk staff are not eager to help either.

If you are coming to the Celebration Florida area... STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE

Good luck getting any sort of decent service at the bar or restaurant either... they make it a hobby of ignoring customers as well.

Room Tip: The views over the lake were tranquil
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Will_M3
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Sir, thank you for letting us know of the challenges your parents had at the hotel. My sincere apologies for not meeting their expectations. Your concerns have been reviewed with the team and the opportunities with service have been addressed as we pride ourselves in taking great care of our guests. Again, we appreciate your feedback. Best Regards, Betsy

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Loved the lobby/restaurant area! They have a fantastic Happy Hour. We had dinner at their restaurant which was excellent! The room itself wasn't spectacular. We upgraded to a lake view room which was kind of a joke since if you wanted to look out the window, you had to almost stand on your tippy-toes to see out. The ceiling fan didn't work. But all in all the room wasn't too bad. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you're in Celebration you really should at least experience the lobby area!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
1 mi away
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#30 of 341 in Orlando
Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!