“Fabulous property in really neat little town!”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed May 31, 2012

While at a conference in Orlando, we found ourselves without rooms. The concierge at the Grand Palms recommended the Bohemian. What a great find! The town of Celebration is like a real 1930's town, complete with movie theater. The Bohemian is within walking distance of everything--great cafes, restaurants, coffee shops, lake and town. The rooms were lovely, decorated in tropical theme, like British Colonial West Indies--mahogany four poster bed, ceiling fan, lovely linens. Bathroom was well laid out, shiny new and crisply detailed. Quiet, quiet, quiet and I slept!! Service was wonderful, rates were great, rooms very nicely detailed and location, location, location!

Really, it's worth a trip just for no other reason than to stay at the Bohemian and walk to dinner!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake!
1  Thank FriedGreenTomatillos
There are newer reviews for Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Never even heard of Celebration but attended a convention in Orlando and was recommended this property from a good friend. Beautiful hotel with a eclectic feel. Professional and friendly service. Only there one night but will definately bring my family back. Very charming with boutique feel!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake are tranquil and lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed May 24, 2012

From the moment I drove around the corner and saw the wood faced building and the sign that said "Bohemian", I knew I was in for a different hotel experience. First - Excellent Curb Appeal - and that includes the well-dressed, well-mannered staff that provide valet parking or help to find free parking on the street (thanks guys!). Check in was a breeze and I received help with my luggage without having to ask for it. Second - The lobby is unique. Two thumbs up to whoever came up with the idea to build a hotel around an art gallery! From the chandeliers in the outdoor dining area to the chairs by the 3rd Floor elevators, to the paintings and photography on display everywhere, this hotel is a feast for the eyes. The eclectic mix of elements that drew upon the 1930's Old Florida Vibe, Art Deco and nature had me looking over my shoulder half expecting to see Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall! When I walked into my corner room I had stunning views of the lake and a huge 4-poster bed. A firm mattress and butter soft sheets had me sleeping like a baby. And may I say a big "THANK YOU" for the outstanding blues infused jazz that was playing; the Evian for my convenience; the Cabernet and (drum roll please) - Starbucks for my in-room coffee service! And you are the first hotel to actually provide me with extra pillows and extra towels. While I wished the menu was more extensive and provided more healthy choices, it does not take away from The Wedge Salad (Jalapeno Ranch Dressing) or that delightful breakfast muffin in the shape of a loaf filled with goodness and served with strawberry jam. Now that's art! I also took advantage of the Fitness Center and while it was a small room it had everything I needed to work out during the rainstorm - I didn't miss a fitness beat. Thanks for helping me stay on track. Last, but certainly not least, the staff at this hotel is just "off the hook". These folks want to be at the hotel - they like their jobs and it shows! I have over 30 years of professional Customer Service experience and I can tell you - this staff is doing it right. They make eye contact, they smile and greet people with genuine warmth. (Even the housekeeping staff in the hallways had a smile and a "Good Morning" for the guests.) They know the area and made wonderful recommendations so that I didn't feel like a guest or a tourist - I felt at home. Thank you Bohemian! I'll be back.

Room Tip: I had a corner room with a view of the lake. That is not to be missed!
Reviewed May 19, 2012

It pains me to write this review on a Kessler property as we have been frequent guests at their properties in Orlando proper, Savannah and Asheville and have always enjoyed our visits.

However, while on a business trip in the Orlando area, decided to combine with a day in the park for pleasure. My assistant said there was a Bohemian hotel nearby and that was enough for me.

The hotel looks great from the outside. Unfortunately, this property was not up to Kessler standards, or at least what we interpret their standards to be. Checking in was pleasant enough but walking to room; carpet looked worn with bleach marks all over the place. We had to get a maid to reclean our bathroom. Room furnishings typical Tommy Bahamma, not Bohemian. Antiquated TV, hard mattress and cheap feeling sheets. Lastly, no morning coffee in the lobby so you had to walk over to Starbucks (unless you like to fix it in the bathroom where a small pot is located, ughh).

Sorry Mr. Kessler. You spoiled us with your other properties.

TL

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank TommyLongboat
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Disney World. It is very easy to find, and has both Valet and self park options ($15 and $10 respectively). We plumped to park a 2 minute walk from the hotel, on the street, as this was free, and we didn't have much luggage.
Check in was a breeze, and it was in fact the check in clerk that suggested the free street parking, A++!
Our corner room was a good size with plenty of windows looking out onto the pool and lake.
The bed was very comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The shower was excellent, and the bathroom was large.
This was a wonderful stay at a charmingly designed, and located hotel.

My only complaint would be the charge of internet use. This hotel is not cheap, and the extra charge for WiFi is unnecessary.
I've stayed in many hotels with a charge for interent in the rooms, but there is ALWAYS complimentary WiFI in the reception or business centre. I don't want to pay a service charge to spend 5 minutes checking my emails once a day while on vacation, a real letdown.
If they can offer free WiFi in Denny's and IHOP, then they sure as hell can in a $200 a night hotel!

Room Tip: Lake side is the best pick! And make sure to street park for free, it's a very safe neighbourh...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SamiKnight
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I had a tube tv in my room. They closed the bar down at midnight. Worst part of stay was no tables were being used for breakfast at 7:10 am but every table was full of dirty plates and glasses. I sat there for 10 minutes before I was helped and then it took almost 30 minutes for my food to arrive and then 5 minutes plus for them to bring me silverware after my food arrived. This was one of the worst breakfast meals I have had in years. I spent over 1 hour for breakfast. Then it took 15 minutes for the valet to get my car when no one else was in line. Seems like the valet has two other jobs around the hotel. I was late by 15 minutes for an important meeting I had that morning. If you are in Celebration for business do not stay at this hotel because none of the employees I saw had any sense of urgency.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Just back from a one week stay at the Bohemian Hotel in Celebration. The hotel is in an outstanding location, in the charming town of Celebration, within walking distance of some great restaurants.
We had a lake view room, which had a great view to wake up to each morning. There was a small balcony in the room, with two rocking chairs, and it was very pleasant watching the sun rise / set over the lake. Only thing to be wary of is that you look right over the outdoor restaurant patio, and we did find it a bit noisy in the evening, particulary Friday night.
Although the pool is quite small, we found it ideal for our needs - again, a stunning view over the lake, with comfortable chairs / sunbeds and towels provided.
We didn't eat in the hotel at all, preferring to try out what Celebration had to offer. Our recommendations for great service and food are Town Tavern, Thai Thani and Colombia - unfortunately, service dreadful at Cafe d'Antonio's though, so suggest you avoid!
The room was ok - not particularly big (more akin to the size we are used to in the UK), although everything was clean. Found the mattresses on the bed comfortable, although found the sheet/blanket cover combo on the bed a little strange. Bathroom was reasonable size, and very clean. Surprised that for such a nice hotel that the TV's in the room are really old (no flat screens here) - plenty of channels to choose from, so didn't spoil our viewing, just surprised they haven't updated them.

Celebration is a great position to be based in if you are visiting Disney, and is also a short drive to the I4. It is also a nice town to spend a morning in, with a few nice shops, and rocking chairs by the lake - grab a Starbucks coffee and watch the world go by.
Definitely recommend a stay at the Bohemian - deserves it's number 1 spot - and hope to return!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank missloobylou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 340 in Orlando
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!