“Better than expected”

Mystic Dunes Golf Club at Mystic Dunes Resort
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Celebration
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I just returned from a week at the Mystic Dunes Resort and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was much better than I had expected. After reading all the negative reviews, I was prepared for the worst, but found the rooms to be very clean, the property beautifully landscaped and the pools perfect. I travelled with a group of nine (with 3 children) and the accomodations were perfect. The rooms certainly needed a little updating but were fine for us. Beds were comfortable (my most important requirement) and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I truly don't understand what all these reviewers are complaining about!

Reviewed July 29, 2008

We (me, 15 and 11 year old boys) just returned from a week long stay at Mystic Dunes Resort it was both positive and negative. I have to agree with the previous poster, the grounds and pools are all pristine. The kids had a great time at the pool with the water slide. Plenty of seating even though the pool looked pretty full. Beware of charging items to your room at the pool hut. We ordered lunch at the barbeque and charged it to our room/credit card. At checkout they give you the paper to sign then give you your charges. I refused to sign until I verified my charges. Well, I had other charges at the pool that we had not made. This took about an hour of arguing with check out person to have it corrected. They stated that I had signed them all, I asked for the slips for proof, but they refused. I did eventually get a credit since they had already charged it to my credit card.

I have to disagree with the previous post about Trip2Earth. They were not helpful and made promises that were not kept. I was booked for a 1 bedroom villa but upon arrival to the room I was given a 1 bedroom standard and not in the area requested. After waiting to be checked in for over 30 minutes, we decided just to keep the room we would be off to other areas of Orlando most of the time. Trip2Earth also informed me that the mini-golf was free, there would be no other charges (even though I knew they would charge me a security deposit) and did not respond to my emails in a timely fashion. Needless to say, I would never book with them again.

The room needed to be modernized and updated but was relatively clean. The bedding was very old and the pillows were flat. Were given 3 flat pillows for the 3 of us and numerous calls to housekeeping for replacements were unanswered, but we dealt with it. We also had a problem with our toilet. The chain to the handle broke off the second day of our arrival. Again, numerous calls went unanswered and when were able to speak to someone they promised to have someone come out immediately but no one came out to fix the problem our entire visit. To flush the toilet you had to pull the chain from the inside of the tank, not very sanitary or convenient. Upon check out I again told them of the problem and they did not even offer me an apology.

I did have a tour which took 2 hours. I had thought about actually purchasing since I do go to Orlando about once a year, but because of the service I would not have purchased there. My tour guide was unbearably rude, I had told him all the problems that had occurred and stated I would never purchase from Mystic Dunes. He was sarcastic and at times very impolite. The rooms that they show on the tour are gorgeous, but he stated that they were only for the owners. I told him that I happened to behind 2 owners on 2 different occasions (I was complaining about the toilet) and they were both very irritated with their rooms, so I did not believe him.

Also, they did not provide anything to wash the dishes with, since I did not get my promised room of a villa with the dishwasher used a washcloth. They provided only 4 towels (had a teenager with me) but I washed them each day. The washing machine sounded like an airplane at take-off so I started it just as we were about to leave for the day.

Ending I would have to say I would never stay at this resort again even though it is a beautiful resort but the service was appalling.

5  Thank MaineGramof9
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Lovely entrance. Ok resort. Nothing special. Helpful staff. Avoid the timeshare tour. Horrible food and I think I knew more about how timeshare works then our sales person. Don't waste your time. Golf course grass was dry due to limited rain for 2 months. Best thing about this resort is the location. I won't be back.

2  Thank bdinnab
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Mystic Dunes is a large timeshare resort. It is about the same as the other resorts in the area. It is almost too big. The rooms were large - 2BR villas. We had seven people and there was plenty of room for all. The place could use a few updates - new mattresses, shower heads, etc. There also was NO hot tubs/jacuzzis in the entire resort. There were four pools which were well kept and clean. But at night, after visiting the parks all day it would be nice to have a hot tub to relax in. Mostly a resort for golfers. If you don't golf, it is boring.

2  Thank Soniebug
Reviewed February 27, 2008

My family and I just returned from this resort and had a great time. I did have some serious concerns after reading these helpful reviews and must advise all to do the same. It is a huge place and you should call there and INSIST ON STAYING IN THE NEWER BUILDINGS-29 or HIGHER!! We were on ground floor in building 29 and loved the location, across the parking lot from the lagoon pool which was perfect for our 3 kids. Adults with no kids should stay in buildings 30-31 because they share a private pool that wasn't filled with screaming kids.The promotional 90 minute tour was of course annoying but we did it and got the great price. Do not expect to find anything but bars of soap and there is no maid service but the rooms were clean and my husband said it was a great golf course. Very close to Magic Kingdom but a 20 minute ride to Universal. Would definitely recommend staying here as an economic way to go to Disney because we really only slept there, for us it's all about the parks.

4  Thank jcfara