“Great Bang for your Buck - Really Nice”

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed March 12, 2009

I was really impressed with this hotel. It definitely exceeded my expectations given the price. The rooms are almost brand new and beautiful and very comfy and modern. You can pay the same for the Marriot or Ramada closeby, but those are so much older and the rooms themselves do not offer as much. The pool is really nice and it is in a great location not that far from Disneyworld and away from the a lot the other hotel areas that are really loud and noisy and have ugly and busy streets. Downtown Celebration is just around the corner and is very cute and charming and away from the hectic areas of Orlando. The pool area makes you feel like you could be at a pool at an island hotel or at a really nice resort. The food by the pool was great too. The kitchen in the room has everything except for an oven. The staff was all very helpful and professional. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichelleNP
Write a ReviewReviews (2,447)

Reviewed March 4, 2009

our granddaughter lives in celebration and works in animal kingdom, so we were looking for a hotel near her. we were amazed to find this hotel in celebration. we loved the very clean, large suites with balcony. We had immediate response when we ask for any extra blanket. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. we did not eat there, use their transportation, nor use the pool, but our experience couldn't have been better

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Liked the Mona Lisa- friendly staff, huge rooms, nice pool. Each day had a 12 dollar "resort fee" tacked on. Another post referred to it as a service fee. They must have called it that because the Mona Lisa is not a resort! I am so opposed to these fees that I probably would not have stayed there if I had known. They are a sneaky, fraudulent way to charge you more than they advertise. I would have considered our room a good price for our charge with 12 dollars added to it. However, adding the fee every night made me feel taken advantage of. Let's demand honest pricing!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
profstaff, Director of Sales at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2009

Thank you for your comments regarding the daily resort fee that is charged at Mona Lisa Suite Hotel. We apologize for any surprise or inconvenience this may have caused you during your recent stay with us. Yes, we do have this charge and it is our understanding that all of our distribution partners disclose this charge in their communication to customers prior to confirming a booking. To eliminate any confusion our management will review and double check with our partners. Like many of the hotels in our area and those of our quality of product, we charge a daiy resort fee. However, if you compare our inclusions to those of our competitors you will be delighted to see that Mona’s charge has tremendous value for our guests. Our $12 daily resort charge includes: Daily bottled water and in room coffee and tea packets, daily newspaper including weekends, complimentary local, credit card and toll free telephone calls, wireless internet, access to Celebration Fitness Center, a bucket of range balls at Celebration Golf Club, transportation within the town of Celebration and transportation to “all” area theme parks. Again, our Mona Lisa Suite Hotel Team Members are always looking at ways to enhance our guest’s experience at our hotel and while we did not meet your expectations on your most recent stay with us we sincerely hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide the outstanding accommodations and guest service that we know is possible. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 1, 2009

We found this gem by accident while surfing the internet for things to do on our vacation.
So happy we stumbled onto the Mono Lisa's website!

We stayed in a 2 bedroom corner unit overlooking the pool that had a personal balcony in the master suite with an outside patio set and another patio coming out of the living room.

Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted and served. Front desk staff gave us tips as to where to eat and good tourist areas for people our age.

Other than that, we had no other service inquiries, so I can't really rate what service is like for towels, at the restaurant etc. However, on our 3 night stay, we had impeccable cleaning services.

If you have visited the Mona Lisa Suites website and are unsure if the hotel pictures and description are legitimate, let me assure you that they are. What you see is what you get.

The beds are by far the best I have ever slept in. Decor is modern and fresh. Rooms are huge. Everything is extremely clean. Kitchen is fully equipped - no stove, though. Beautiful pool. Did not see the restaurant and bar, however.

Location is good - close to everything. I did not visit the town of Celebration, although it looks quite cute! I found this to be a perfect location because it was calm and quiet and away from the big rush of tourists.

The only thing I didn't enjoy about staying in the town of Celebration was the lack of restaurants. There were lots of buffet's and other restaurants that were unknown to me. I am kind of choosy and picky on food, so this was the only issue for me.
So we bought groceries at a nearby Walmart and made dinner and packed lunches and saved a lot of money doing so.

My experience at the Mona Lisa Suites was a great one, and I recommend this hotel to everyone. The only complaint on behalf of my party (who all smoke) was that smoking was not allowed on the patios.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2009

#1 We paid too much for a two bedroom suite, $180 nite X 2 nites, billed us $580! $200 dollars more!!! We now have to call and clear that up!
#2 Front desk help was very nice however the Maid service was ROTTEN. We supposedly paid a $12 service feee per day for bottled water, shampoo, coffee and creamer, laundry detergent, dishwash detergent and maid service etc. We never got more than 2 tiny shampoos to split between 5 people! No bottled waters or anything else. (I think they supply their own homes with this stuff at our expense!)
#3 Nice thought on having a washer/dryer in the room, but ours was horrible! Door latch broke off, husband fixed it, but overall it would take hours to wash and dry anything in this manchine, sowe had to took all our wet dirty clothes home. (They have the room to install a stackable washer/dryer, which in my opinion would have been a better choice than a single cheap combo unit.)
#4 Wonderfully spacious and clean rooms, but we asked for extra pillows, along with the shampoo, bottled water, and extra towels which should have been covered by the $12 service fee. This request took over an hour to receive and they only delivered 2 shampoos, 1 towel and NO Water and NO pillows. Hardly worth the call to the front desk.
#5 In the middle of the night the wind wistles past our windows so loud it was like a freight train passing within feet of the window and kept me up for hours. I know you cannot do anything about mother nature. We were in room #217, just so you keep away from that room.
In short, this hotel is a diamond in the rough. If they can resolve their house keeping issues and actually provide the supplies promised this would be a great place.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Etnobal333
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Stayed here on valentine's day weekend and was greatly disappointed. Started with a rude greeting by hotel security to my fiance as she stepped to see the pool while I checked us in. Poor service continued on the next day when I phoned for a towel and was told they would run one right up......I eventually went to the pool to retrieve my own towel! And the final straw in the service cap of the Mona Lisa was when I was told by front desk personel "the maid staff was not allowing late check out today." The worst service I have ever recieved in any service based establishment.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ryan2234
Reviewed February 22, 2009

AFter reading several reviews prior to booking our vacation stay at the Mona Lisa...I decided to write my own based on our family's stay. I orginally booked the reort for $186/night - however I found another resort (World Quest) which offered a lower rate and was in the same area. I called the Mona LIsa back and was honest about my reason (lowered cost) in having to cancel the reservation and the kind man on the phone offered us $119 /night!!! At that price, I kept our reservation (5 nights/6days).
PROS: Close to everything! Town of Celebration is nice to see (once or twice) :)
Resort pool is great! My husband owns his own pool company and was very impressed with the layout and cleanliness! Our kids loved the pool too!!!!
Great size in rooms/bathrooms. Pretty clean. Nice comfy beds with down comforters! Great to have 2 bedrooms as our kids shared one! Housekeeping was nice and came back later on 2 separate occasions (as we were still in our room). LOved getting the Newspaper at my door each morning!!!!!!

CONS: It was 4:15 pm before we were able to check in! We sat by the pool which was ok, however when we got into our room, the floor (carpet) had not been cleaned. There were crumbs near table etc. (It was cleaned the next day). No dish detergent to be found. We had to purchase our own. They did supply us with dish detergent for dish washer. Laundry machine was weird...washer /dryer all in one. Dryer was very difficult to work! FInally figured it out though!

OVERALL: Would stay here again...the cons did not outway the PROS for the PRICE. If we has spent $186/night, I would not have stayed again. Our family did enjoy the pool, lush towels, separate rooms and small red plastic tables found on the balcony and pool area...my son thought he was playing the "bongos"!!!!!! :) HOpe it helps!!!!

Reviews I had read were pretty true.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Tlaf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
1 mi away
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#91 of 340 in Orlando
Comfort Suites Maingate East

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!