“Good enough but less than I expected”

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Miami, Florida
“Good enough but less than I expected”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I would say that I was underwhelmed. I had seen pictures of this hotel on the web and priced it out many times before. It looked fancy and out of my price range. So I was very excited when my son's soccer team got us a good rate to stay here for our tournament at ESPN wide world of sports. The hotel was very well situated close to many attractions and restaurants, but it was kind of in the center of a parking lot and not a really grand entrance. The buildings were small and didn't seem very resort like. The buildings were all disconnected and the main entrance and lobby very small. The rooms were stark white paint on the walls with chocolate brown cabinets and furnishings. They were meant to look sleek but looked a bit under done. The chest of drawers in the room were of low quality. The bathrooms were huge and seemed like a huge waste of space as the kitchen and living room could have been a bit bigger. The beds were very comfortable and the bedding too. The bath products gave me a mild rash and the towels were never replaced. The pool was wonderful and the kids and adults had a wonderful time. The service by the pool was fantastic, especially our server from Sri Lanka, who spoke Italian. She was a superstar. The food however served next to the pool was mediocre at best. Besides some of the lacking areas, I felt that it was a good stay for the price we had for our group and our friends and kids had a great time. I would stay here again but for a discounted price and bring my own toiletries. Now I know what to expect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear CarryOnGal,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed some of our several amenities, however, I am a bit disappointed to hear your stay fell short of outstanding. Most of our guests do find the proximity to the parks, our spacious suites, as well as our Melia branded amenities to their liking, and I am sorry that was not the case with your stay. Please do contact me directly next time and I will ensure that your stay is fabulous.

Jetse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Celebration
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Good value hotel. Rooms are nice, but a bit worn. Resort fee is a bit silly. Internet went out constantly. Staff wasn't rude, but wasn't helpful. Indifferent is the best description. They seemed more interested in selling attraction tickets than helping with our stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

3 Thank Alexander E
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Alexander E,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent experience here at the Melia. Guest service is of top priority to us and I am very discouraged to hear we had missed the mark during your experience with us. I am a bit confused as to why you felt our team members were trying to sell tickets, however. We work through a 3rd party licensed ticket distributor, so there shouldn't have been any hotel employees offering this service. I hope you had a safe trip back home and please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to set up your next trip.

Best,
Newcastle
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here for 12 nights late April early may! When we go to Florida we go self catering and as there's only two of us we try to book condo's or suite's as houses are to big.
The Melia advertises itself as the closest suites to Disney. We're convinced it really wants to be a hotel only.
It is a lovely friendly place to stay but a few niggles! They don't seem to bother checking the room inventory between guests. The crockery & cutlery didn't match the number of guests that could stay in the room. There was to few pots and pans and cooking utensils in general. We requested a kettle & can opener from reception. We received a well used kettle that didn't switch off when boiling & a rusty can opener.
We were also under the impression that we would have an iPod docking clock in the bedroom only to be told that not all suites have them.
Although the cleaners come every day their priority seems making beds & emptying the bins. The room seemed to be dusty & needed a vacuum that wasn't done.Some days we didn't get the bottled water replaced and towels we're taken but not replaced.
We received complimentary continental breakfast but it wasn't continental as we know it. Coffee muffin & a pastry unless you payed for the cooked option!
A big claim is that it is a GREEN hotel. Not when you run the dishwasher full cycle for ONE glass.
There is washing up liquid but no plug for the sink.
Having said all that the bed was mega comfortable and the pool area really relaxing. All staff are friendly and pleasant.
Celebration and the immediate area round the hotel is smart but the general 192 area is letting itself go.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mel3005
Dear Mel3005,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our elevated level of service as well as our luxurious suites with prime location near Disney. I am very sorry to hear you did not find your suite in the condition you expected. I will be messaging you privately in order to gain more details so that none of our future guests may experience the same thing, however I can assure you our housekeeping team is very diligent about inventory and stocking the suites. I am very glad you were able to enjoy our pool area and the proximity to the celebration area, however, and I do encourage you to contact me directly next time you are in the area so that I may see to it personally that your stay is nothing short of outstanding.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Melia since it was the Mona Lisa. Staff changes service rooms and stayed the same. I guess I was spoiled since we always stayed in one building mainly 2 different rooms. This time we used our Melia points for an impromptu stay. Our usual rooms were booked. Since we prefer upper floors facing parking lot The customer service representative said she found us the perfect room. It was located in the other building we had never been. Had trouble with key. Had to go back to front desk. We opened the door and found the worst room we ever encountered in four years over 8 stays (2-4 days average). The furniture had tears, refrigerator was dented from a kick, smallest room, bed had ants on it, and it looked run down. It looked like a room at a motel rather than a high end hotel. Like I said I must have been spoiled because the room was crap. We asked if we got that room because we used our Melia points. Since we had reservations we left immediately, but asked for a room change which they couldn't understand why we were not pleased. We decided to go back home that even. We called to cancel and they said we will have to contact melia to get our points back. If this is the type of room I get with my points I'd rather pay. Lesson learned advance reservations are needed to get the better rooms.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank HawkChic
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear HawkChic,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us. I am truly sorry to hear your arrival experience and the room you were allocated was not to your expectation. We sincerely appreciate our repeat guests, and you should not have found any room in this type of condition. As you know from your past experiences, this is not the standard of our hotel, and I will be reviewing your comments with the appropriate departments to ensure action is taken that something like this does not happen again. Please look out for a message from me privately.

Thanks and best regards,
Puerto Del Carmen, Spain
Reviewed June 2, 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed in in Florida. Big rooms, friendly staff and the cleanliness of the hotel is amazing. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very central on the 192 and close to the parks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank L W
Fairfield, California, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Got there late our first night. Wished they would have had room service, but their room service ends at 11. Walked in the room was cold, but everything was clean and good.
The shuttle service needs some scheduling changes. They don't match park hours or activities. Plus they are always running late. We found ourselves rushing through our activities to make sure we didn't miss the shuttle. The one day we did miss our shuttle took cab for 25 dollars.
The hotel complementary shuttle is awesome. The drivers are nice and we got to the restaurant quickly and returned pick up was great too.
The food was very good. Breakfast lunch and dinner. Only thing is the service for lunch is a little slow. It worked in our favor though because we where waiting on our shuttle back to the airport.
All in all not a bad hotel. Like anything could use a little improvement. Yet not bad. Maybe clear communication as to what they offer and where it's located. Longer room service options. Improved park shuttle service and hours.(need to at least match park closings, special park events, shows ect. Take into consideration that not all parks close at the same time.) Most of the employees we interacted with where great. Front desk needs to communicate a little better. Oh and the gym and spa are not in the facility they are across. This was a big bummer alot of the "amenities" where not really there there when we got there or where not what we expected from reading the ho tel description. If everything would have been like I read I would have given 5 stars

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Gma707
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Gma707,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us. It is wonderful when I hear of our guests getting to make use of all of our facilities from the food and beverage to the driver service. I am very glad to hear you had good experiences with our employees, as this is the culture we encourage in our property. I certainly will pass your comments along to our transportation company, and please know that we are always looking to improve any and all of our amenities so we very much appreciate the feedback regarding them. Please give us a heads up when you are in the area again and we would love to have you back!

Parkton, NC
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel facilities are clean and well appointed. We stayed for total of 10 days and the desk staff was always friendly and very helpful. My wife and I were able to walk to the Celebration Hospital in 15 minutes utilizing sidewalks. Upon request the hotel brought a recliner to our room that was very comfortable and made my recovery easier. The down side on the room furniture was the sleeper sofa which was very uncomfortable and worn out. Upon checkout we brought this up to the front desk and they said they were in the process of replacing the sleeper couches.The kitchenette is well equipped with cookware, utensils, flatware, dishes, stove top, and microwave. The hotel offers limited transportation service in the local area that was helpful. Both restaurants offered a good menu and service. The pool area is well appointed and landscaped. The housekeeping staff while pleasant on occasion left our room without replenishing towels and washcloths. This shortcoming was quickly corrected upon request. If you are looking for a hotel that has plenty of local restaurants, activities, and shopping within walking distance this hotel would not be for you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear DT54,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Melia. We appreciate you choosing us as your accommodation for your recovery. I am glad you found our amenities suitable, as we do attempt to cater to our hospital guests and guests recovering from procedures. I do wish you a speedy recovery and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Jetse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Caribe Royale Orlando Suites & Villas
Floridays Resort Orlando
Floridays Resort Orlando
#20 of 337 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 7,798 reviews

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!