“Miserable staff!”

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Overall Hotel was OK, had 2 bed apartment which was massive & large balcony, sadly sofa bed mattress resembled something out of WW2. Drinks expensive & most of the bar staff very miserable & ignored you for long periods of time. Restaurant staff even more miserable & rude to the point that we nearly walked out. Would not return & would not recommend hotel if you intend to use bar or restaurant. On a plus side the cleaners were nice!

Room Tip: Request a corner room as they have large balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Karen P
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Karen P,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at Melia Orlando. I am very disappointed to hear your experience with our staff fell short of our standard. Customer service is of top priority to our brand and our hotel. I can assure you this experience is an exception to our norm, and I am addressing your comments directly with our director of food and beverage. Please contact myself directly if you are coming to the Orlando area as I would love to personally oversee your booking with us.

Jetse

There are newer reviews for Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

This boutique hotel is a gem, had the most brilliant time here. Easy to get to all the parks via the transport. Lovely staff great food. Lovely pool area, celebration is a lovely place. Rooms are massive and beds comfy. I would definitely recommend this as a base for a Disney holiday. Superb!!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Brendan2807
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Good news first..........Location, excellent. Close to all the parks and an abundance of outside restaurants to choose from.
Rooms excellent, we upgraded to a two room family suite and I can honestly say it was the best room we have ever stayed in. We competed with very small insects for the occupancy of the room but I guess thats only to be expected in hot climes
Good pool area, very relaxing but the hotel need to take care with loose floor tiles around the pool
Bad news..........Staff
I found this surprising as American service is famed for being excellent, not so for this hotel. Some of the staff (not all) were sullen, unhelpful, amateur to the point of being rude.
Drinks from the bar and food from the restaurant very expensive. Bar and restaurant is "Fawlty Towers"
My overall opinion about this hotel is not too bad but, its a hotel that feels that it doesn't have to try too hard. Theres lots of other hotels to stay at!

Room Tip: Upgrade at the hotel rather than the tour company as its cheaper to do it that way
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank MaddusDoggus
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Maddus Doggus,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us. I am sorry to hear the service we provided fell short of your (and our) expectations. We as a brand pride ourselves on providing excellent service and anything short of that is unacceptable. I will be messaging you privately to discuss further details of your stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel's amenities, and I do hope you will consider us for future accommodations.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Let's start with positives, easy check in, kind check in staff. Rooms very specious, includes full size fridge, microwave and kitchen. Room is quiet. Nice pool. Transportation service to parks are free. Free parking. Free and strong wifi. Now the negatives: not enough kitchen tools. When asked to bring up missing linings and pillows, staff asked to look everywhere, which we have already done before calling. Bldg C outside entrance card reader was disabled for security reasons. Judging by how full was the parking lot, the hotel is very popular. In my opinion, it's a good option if you need space.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sherif E

Dear Elsalawy,

Thank you for your recent review of your experience with us at the Melia Orlando. I am so glad you found our staff and rooms to be to your liking. Our apologies that the kitchen was not stocked completely, our housekeeping staff has been made aware of this problem and are double checking the par levels in all our rooms as a result of this. The key issue you experienced at the entrance to the C building was an issue that the engineering department reported was the key reader needing to be reset. I am sorry this inconvenienced you, however there was no issue with the security of the building whatsoever. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Every year we love to register for the event at the Melia because of ease of registration and comfort. This year we found the staff was extremely attentive and helpful. We are actually registered next Wednesday for a business trip because we are always pleased.

We usually do not do room service and we were not as pleased with it since the menu only had pizza on it and it did not open until 11am we missed breakfast. We will plan ahead for the next trip.

Room Tip: We like the rooms away from the pool so we do not have people looking into our room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We went to DisneyWorld with my grandson , daughter and son-in-law and stayed at the Melia Celebration because it was in an excellent location. Check in and Check out was extremely smooth. The staff also was very helpful. One night my husband cut his arm and was in need of a band-aid. I called the front desk to inquire where I could get a band-aid and even though it was late they had some brought to our room.

The room was very clean and well furnished and the kitchen with coffee was a delight.

Since we were constantly on the go, we only ate at the restuarant a couple of times and enjoyed the food both times.

My grandson really enjoyed the pool on the nights we came back early from DisneyWorld.

We will probably stay at the Melia again when we go back to DisneyWorld and I would and have recommended this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BonnieLMitchell
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This hotel appears all fancy but is very average below the surface. We had a few issues with our stay. The internet wasn't working properly, wasted an hour on the phone with tech support and still couldn't get it working. The internet was essential to planning vacation activities.

They charge you a daily hotel fee, which they say give you certain "perks" but they are useless and feels like a complete waste of money. There was no breakfast included even thought I am charged the daily fee for the following "benefits" that were useless: a newspaper that never came, transport to very few select places and the driver expected a tip, unlimited local calls is a joke because I would use my cell phone, bottles of water and coffee that I never used since I try and be earth friendly by not having my room cleaned during my stay, pool side towel service was useless since it was too cold to swim.

Oh and the hotel is obnoxious to navigate as well and the parking is ridiculous. In my opinion, the best part of the hotel is it's location and its proximity to the Columbia restaurant in Celebration.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank Michael M

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very sorry you experienced technical issues with the wifi, we have raised these concerns with our technical service provider and we are working together to increase the bandwidth to each router. The included wifi is a major benefit for many of our business travelers and I assure you we will resolve this in a timely fashion. I also apologize that you were not directed to collect your newspaper in the lobby on the way up to breakfast. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are in the area and I would be happy to oversee your experience is outstanding.

Best Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Caribe Royale Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#28 of 340 in Orlando
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!