New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Perfect hotel and perfect location for our perfect honeymoon.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
“Perfect hotel and perfect location for our perfect honeymoon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was in a fantastic central location to the attractions (15/20 mins drive to Disney/Universal) and next to the lovely town of Celebration. It was clean, fully featured and well managed. The staff were always helpful and friendly and it made our honeymoon even more special.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Ste R
EricMelia, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your special occasion with us. On behalf of all of the Melia team, congratulations to you and we hope you'll join us again for many more happy visits in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Polish first
Milan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at the Melia Celebration during August 2013 for a total of 4 nights, we are 2 adults and 2 children of 5 and 8. We had an apartment with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths a well equipped kitchen and living area. The rooms were very spacious and great for the kids while leaving us some privacy. The furniture is rather standard and overall appearance nothing impressive. We made our reservation through booking.com and the price was very competitive with great value for money. We did not eat there so I don't know how the restaurant is, the staff was friendly and helpful, the pool enjoyable. I would definitely recommend it to explore the various parks of the Orlando area.

Per i lettori italiani, ottimo rapporto qualità prezzo, stanze spaziose, comodissima la cucina. Lo consiglio vivamente!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dario S
Minster Lovell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just back from a 14 night stay at the Melia. We arrived tired and hot and were welcomed straight away by reception given the keys to our room. They upgraded us from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom suite free of charge and went straight up to our room. First impressions were a stale smell in the room like old cigar smoke, but we bought an air freshener from Publix and it went overnight. The room was fantastic with everything we could have wanted and there were only 2 slight niggles in the whole of our stay.

1 was the wifi connection that kept dropping out. We rang reception about 8 times over it and each time we were connected to the IT department who reset the connection for us. For most people it wouldn't have been a problem, but we decided to plan our days the night before by internet so had to have a connection.
2 was the shower who's pressure was poor and it had a fixed head so you couldn't shower properly.

Other than that we had a fantastic stay and felt welcomed by everyone. The hotel offers a free shuttle into Celebration and we took advantage of this a couple of times. It also offers free pastries and juice for breakfast which we had a couple of days, but if you want more most restaurants offer an all you can eat breakfast for $5.99.

I have to mention Hector who was always happy and always available to help out with anything that was needed, and the bar manager (older guy not sure of his name) who was very helpful. We also had a room that faced the highway, but heard no noise at all from it, and the beds are more comfortable than those at home!

If your looking for somewhere that is clean, fresh sheets & 2 bottles of water left everyday, where your not constantly hassled to do anything but invited to feel at home, with a gorgeous pool then the Melia is for you.

Were hoping to come back in 2017/18 and will definitely rebook here.

Room Tip: Pool view would have been awesome but costly and not needed in my opinion as the views of the lights...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sara B
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! We always enjoy providing you with the comfortable, homely feel that the Melia brand stands for. You can always count on having that clean and comfortable bed along with the excellent service that our team provides. We look forward to your next visit!
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

nice place, rooms were very large with a full kitchen so good for extended stays or families. quiet and a bit off the path so if you're looking for a hotel closer in the middle of the attractions this may not be it. small bar and restaurant, food was good, included breakfast was not elaborate but it was sufficient. nice pool, good place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank markabba
Devon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Melia in August and had an amazing time. We didnt complain at all during our stay until we arrived home. I quickly realised on the plane on our return journey that I had left my GHD straighteners in the cupboard of the ensuite. After a quick nap I rung the Hotel and was put through to House Keeping to ask if they could be returned to me. I said I was happy to pay the postage but I was told that nothing had been handed in. The housekeeper said that the office staff would then contact me by the end of the day to update me. I was not contacted and rung the next day and spoke to another member of staff who said that they had no record of my phone call. I rung the Hotel for five days in a row and I was put on hold for 35 minutes on one of the days. On the fifth day, I demanded that I spoke to a senior manager who informed that there was nothing that could be done but gave me the number for the local Sheriff to log my complaint. I was appalled by the service. I then asked to speak to someone more senior than her and one of the Directors of Housekeeping rung me and he told me that he did not know that this problem had arose and also informed me that the room was never checked when I made the initial phonecall to the Hotel. He offered me a free night at the Hotel if I were too ever stay there again( I mentioned that we may be returning to Florida 2014/2015) I emailed back asking did they have any sister Hotels in the UK and I have not heard from them since..
Such a shame ....

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sian B
EricMelia, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Sian B,
On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologize that you did not receive the follow-up that you should have from us. I have spoken with our executive housekeeper and he will be reaching back out to you. We want to ensure that our clients are well looked after, and I can ensure you we will do what is necessary to make it right.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

May be because it is a resort hotel we needed a shuttle which they provide to go to any nearby restaurants or stores.Therefore we found the location not convenient.They provided us with spacious room with kitchen and dining. .We found the service good with friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fredcolaco
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I brainstormed all kinds of ideas for my birthday this year, but after the dust cleared, only two ideas remained – an excellent dinner and a sexy hotel room. After all, I’m single, childfree, celebrating a thirty-something birthday, and wanted my surroundings to reflect a beautiful, contemporary, chic atmosphere.

I scoured the Internet for hotels in Orlando and scrutinized the offerings downtown and in the I-Drive area. I finally settled on the Melia for a number of reasons. First and foremost, as an artsy boutique hotel, it fit my sexy and unique requirement. Secondly, it’s in close proximity to my chosen dinner locale (Charley’s Steakhouse – literally right across the street). Thirdly, the price for a two-bedroom suite for two nights was really reasonable.

From the moment I entered the scented lobby until the morning I left, the Melia and its staff did not disappoint. My suite was spacious with a flat screen TV in the living area and in both bedrooms. The comforters were luxuriously soft. The master bedroom included a tub and a shower with one of those flat showerheads that rain down on you. One of my favorite aspects of the suite was the fact that it was on a corner and the master bedroom had a wall with a huge window that was perpendicular to the large square balcony (complete with four chairs, a large round table, and a three-seat patio chair). The balcony overlooked a large well-kept field, which doesn’t sound like much of a view, but turned out to be surprisingly peaceful and nice, particularly at night with the wind blowing through the grass.

Not only was the room lovely, the staff was excellent. Kristen in the hotel’s Bistro restaurant took great care of me and arranged to have the appetizer of my choice brought to the room for my birthday. She even called after my lunch (crab cake and spare rib – very good!) was delivered to ensure it was to my liking. Thomas at the front desk quickly and graciously added on an additional night for my birthday when I explained that, as a rewards program member, I had not received the link to do so via email. When the woman who sets the tasty chocolates on the pillow found out it was my birthday, she added a few extra chocolates on the bed and shaped them into an "F." And Jacoby, who drove us to dinner in the hotel’s SUV (which is available to provide guests rides in the immediate area), was a charming perfect gentleman. He even stayed an hour after his shift was over to come and pick us up.

Overall, my stay was excellent. A couple quirks – there’s a resort fee of $15 per night that is added upon arrival. I don’t have a problem with the fee, and I’m sure it was mentioned in the fine print somewhere when I made my reservation. I just prefer that when I pay in full prior to arriving at a hotel that all costs are included. Also, there didn’t appear to be a way to get from the D hotel building to the main building (which houses the lobby, restaurant, breakfast) without going outside. Which was fine…except when it was raining. A simple awning-covered walkway would take care of that.

But again, overall, great time. Most of the staff I encountered went the extra mile to ensure a great experience and indulge a girl on her birthday. Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Faith M
EricMelia, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Faith,
Thank you so much for your feedback of your recent stay here at the Melia Orlando. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your birthday, and enjoyed all of our amenities and wonderful staff while you were here on property. From all of our outstanding Melia family, we would like to wish you a safe return home and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#35 of 338 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 stars 3,538 reviews

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!