“Great location and hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Aberdeen
“Great location and hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is superb! Everything you need and the most comfiest bed ever. We travelled with our 2 children (13 & 8) and had a one bedroom suite. On hindsight a 2 bedroom suite would have been more suitable for us as every spring could be felt in the sofa bed that my 13 year old slept in! On the other hand, my 8 year old had a roll away bed which was full sized, looked and felt brand new......my 13 year old drew the short straw as the master bed was extremely spacious and comfortable. The pool is a good size and never a trouble getting a sunbed at any time. The continental breakfast was ideal and enough to set us up for the day. The location is ideal for Disney and all the usual tourist attractions, just sitting on the US192. The hotel was clean and all the members of staff were friendly. The room was equipped with the usual kitchen appliances less a kettle and washing machine. There is a complementary laundry room which guests can use, which was great. A kettle would have been handy in the room as I ended up boiling water in a pan on the cooker......(felt a bit like a camp!) no oven either, but to be honest, that is no loss as who wants to cook on holiday!? All in all, I would recommend this hotel and I would chose to return in the future. This would have been a 5 star review, but the sofa bed let it down and I would say these need replacing....well our one did!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank kewt69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Fruit Cove, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Living just a little more than hour away from Orlando I have frequented the area many times over the past 40 years. Staying at different hotels and resorts has been part of the fun for the family making our visits to the area. We found the rooms at the Melia to be very nice and spacious. The hotel staff was always friendly and we left there with no complaints. However, in comparing our stay with other similar "resort hotels" the Melia fell short of others priced the same. Having to pay an additional $15.00 a night resort fee you would like to feel you were at a resort, not a nice hotel with a pool. Overall you should be pleased with your stay, but you can find more for the same amount of money.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David L
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is my 3rd annual visit to the Melia for the Hearts of Reality fundraiser weekend. It has always been nice, but this year the staff was even more outstanding. I had a 2 bedroom suite for my son and myself. It is fabulous. Right after I checked it, I noticed the bathroom facet was not attached. I informed them downstairs, and it was fixed withing 10 minutes.

The staff downstairs is outstanding. They are more attentive than ever. I can tell they are making a concerted effort to make sure everything is to our satisfaction. I really enjoyed the new continental breakfast. In past years, breakfast was upstairs, and you got a complimentary basket of pastries. This year, you stay downstairs and can go thru a buffet with muffins, fruit, bagels, pastries, OJ, cereal. You can still order breakfast cooked to order upstairs, but there is no real need for it.

I am definitely pleased with the changes, and am looking forward to returning next year

Doug B

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dougieb58
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My dad and I attended the Hearts of Reality event in 2013, and the service at the Melia was terrific. Rooms were spacious enough for the two of us and the breakfast and pool service were terrific. Hotel looks beautiful, and I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Clark W
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've reviewed this hotel before, but just got back from my 3rd visit. The rooms are still huge, the pool is clean and well managed, and A/C rocks (important for Fla) and something I really noticed more this time, the free wifi is super fast. I pay for extra speed on my home cable-modem to get 2mbps Up speeds... the Melia's guests get 11 mbps!

Room Tip: The building is a circle. Rooms facing inside will be a bit noisier with the pool, outside rooms wi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ThatDale
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

All I have to say is wow! This hotel always has something new to offer it's guests and the staff is always super friendly and hospitable! Keep it coming Melia! I go to this event every year for Hearts of Reality, and I am coming again soon for another trip and Melia is going to be my choice when I arrive in Orlando.

2 Thank troym317
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I spent 4 days here in August 2013 and loved it. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. Even though I was checking in very early they were ready for me and any question I had was answered with a smile. I have not had a more pleasant stay at a hotel in recent memory.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank HollywoodGirls
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center
The Point Orlando Resort
The Point Orlando Resort
#25 of 335 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,429 reviews

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!