Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
$152
Autograph
  • Pool
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

$89
$62
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $72/night.

Parkway International Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$160
$148
Orbitz.com
$131
$43
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$129
$84
QualityInn
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

The Barefoot Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
Travelocity
$55
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$99
ComfortSuites
2,579 results
All reviewsmona lisafull kitchenpool viewnear disneyflorida hospitaldowntown celebrationstove topthe sofa bedwasher dryershuttle servicemaster bedroomliving areapool towelsgreat poolminute drivefree shuttlecoffee maker
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel while visiting Disney. Room was clean and big and looked exactly like the pictures. The pool area was nice. The front desk staff was helpful in showing me what they offered and what was in the area to make our stay more convenient. No real problems at all with our stay. Having said that, some minor things (that didn't ruin our stay) that I would like to see improved.

1. The resort fee is ridiculous. $15/day added on, but it still ended up being priced comparable to other hotels in the area and actually cheaper than most others that offered full kitchens. Luckily I did my research on this ahead of time so I wasn't taken off guard. Just include it in the rate. Besides, it paid for things that were not convenient or where most hotels already have included. Spa and fitness access (not on property). Shuttle to Epcot at limited times (had my own car) Newspaper. In room coffee and tea. Pool towel service. Etc. Doesn't really add a lot of value.

2. Limited kitchen supplies. I'm not asking for a fully stocked kitchen, but one more small frying pan and one mixing bowl would have gone a long way. Whipping up scrambled eggs in a juice glass is a neat trick.

3. Wi-fi. Didn't want it or need it. Good thing. It was useless.

4. Some of the grout in the master shower seemed a little dingy.

5. Housekeeping. I didn't need this service either. Only stayed 2 days so we had all we needed for that time. Had the do not disturb sign on the door the entire time. I did notice though that all they would have done was empty trash it seems, because on the hotel channel on the TV it talked about an extra charge for "traditional full turn down service". Again, every other hotel offers that as a basic service. I'm not sure why Melia doesn't. And I don't blame anyone for complaining about this when every other hotel I have stayed in over my 40 years has this as a basic service and that's what people expect as part of their stay.

So overall, we had a nice stay here. They just seem to nickle and dime you on fees for services you would never use, are inconvenient or what are usually included in the published room rate at other hotels. I can see how some people can be caught off guard if they take some services as a given and don't do more detailed research.

Hope this helps everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian S
Marcus G, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for all your helpful comments,

The hotel's resort fee is an additional charge and does offer many benefits that if purchased separately could be quite costly for anyone, an example of this is that a taxi to a Disney park can run over $20 per day (one way) and to rent a car for the week would be even more, if you do a price comparison on this fee you will notice other properties in this area charge more for similar services and in most instances don't include a continental breakfast, In the future we are looking at adding in even more value into this program so you will definitely see & feel the benefits where it counts... In your pocket book.

The Housekeeping service for a time consisted in a mini-service however we have seen the value in extending all guests a daily clean and will change out your towels and sheets on every 3rd day however if you request it earlier we will accommodate this request for no additional charge.

Our Engineering Director in unison with our Housekeeping Director have implemented an amazing preventative maintence program, this will ensure that you experience clean, comfortable quality of living only matched by what you have at home. If during your stay you need an extra pot or pan please pick up your phone and ask and our award winning staff members will do their best to fulfill your every need.

Our Wi -Fi service has recently been enhanced with greater band with which allows for greater speed for reading and sending emails however if downloading movies or watching television on a mobile device you may still experience minor wait times

I love to hear all your comments on our facility and you will notice some things have changed based on your comments thank you again and remember...You are the Journey!!

See you on your next journey,

Marcus R. Gonzalez
Front Desk Manager

Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Wanted to go to this hotel as it was apartment based so had a kitchenette as well as bedrooms and we really like Celebration for its ambience and location. I have to say that there was no kettle, tea towels and very little in the way of cutlery (so we borrowed some from the breakfast area downstairs) but apart from that the dishwasher was great and there was a typical large fridge/freezer. The plates and glasses were a bit grubby but we just dishwashed the ones we needed. I have read the reviews on the wifi but we never had a problem with it, we managed to download the news paper, all our emails and send photo's. They did supply a small amount of dishwash powder and washing up liquid. The maid service was sporadic, we did have a lovely maid called Tammy who made our beds and gave the room a spruce up but other days were missed all together or they did not arrive until 6pm by which time I had made the beds and we were back for the evening, getting showered etc. The laundry room is in one of the blocks on the 2nd floor and has 3 washers and 4 dryers, all free but you need to supply the powder. The free breakfast is basic coffee, pastries, frosties/fruit loops,juices, fruit, toast and toppings. You have to give your room number and I did feel like I was being watched by the staff a bit. We did take out in a box one day back to the room, you need to go to the 1st floor restaurant and ask for a box and they will make one up free of charge with the same items you can get from the free buffet from the ground floor. The lighting in the room was not very ambient, a bit stark. There are nets in the bedrooms but not in the main room, so its either curtains open (exposed to the world) or closed. We were initially offered a room on the ground floor which we declined as its very dark. I would go for an upper floor, preferably in block A or B (away from the laundry room) facing the pool, although at the weekend, this can be noisy as its the main social area and the pool and table football do not shut down till 10 or 11, although the staff are quite good at shutting it down on time. The outside rooms are probably quieter in this respect but you could get traffic noise. Weekend was much busier here. There is a Publix supermarket very nearby, we also tried panera bread and in Celebration itself there are restaurants, coffee shops etc to delight you. We did not try the shuttle to the parks. Bathrooms were well appointed and bed linen was clean and fresh. I have not rated this hotel as 5 as I found the staff a bit cold and I also noticed marks on walls and tables etc that had not been repaired, which I feel let it down a bit, but overall I would recommend this hotel for the pool (jacuzzi was not very bubbly but was very hot and soothing on tired legs), There are no umbrellas over the sunbeds but there are umbrellas and chairs nearby. The convenience to Disney and Celebration is great and the rooms overall were very good. Did not use the restaurant other than breakfast, there is ample parking. Be aware that there is a $15 a day charge for wifi, breakfast etc and this is mandatory.

Room Tip: upper floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LondonPLJ
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two weeks. Very nice small complex which has everything you need. I'll start with the most important bit....the bar. This is very clean and classic modern. You have a variety of beers and spirits available including blue moon and peroni on tap. Happy hour is everyday between 5-7pm. Staff very friendly. Have to mention Kevin the bar man, always has a smile on his face and nothing is ever to much. Bar food was really good and we had pretty much everything off the menu. There is 7 tvs around the bar. Menu ranges from burgers to salads. Only down side was there was some very quiet background music, but it was so quiet you couldn't really make it out. Our room was large and well maintained. Maid came around every day to make the bed and clear up the bathroom, but don't expect any dusting to be done, because it doesn't happen....certainly not during our stay. Now on to the pool. Nice area, good comfortable chairs and sun loungers. On two of the days they had an afternoon 'entertainer'. This was a gentleman playing the guitar and singing. Unfortunately, his speakers were poor meaning the sound was very muffled. So buffet breakfast, overal it's very nice but did have some problems here. No English breakfast tea on several occasions. I was always told that they had run out, staff reluctantly would check the stock room. But after 10 seconds would return and say no. This also happened for the bananas. Mentioned this to the beverage manager, who seemed rather confused stated they have plenty of stock. Anyway 'minor' issue. The gym is across the road and it is fantastic. Massive selection of weights, bars, machines. I've been to numerous gyms and some of the equipment they had I've never seen before. Overall I would recommend this hotel (apart from breakfast buffet staff) staff very helpful and friendly and it's a nice quiet resort.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Mr_smith_1977

Thank you for the Kudos on our property, our continental breakfast is one of our most popular items to experience while staying at the Meliá and we are considering some enhancements to this so stay tuned, since your most recent stay with us we have instituted a wonderful daily cleaning program which focuses on dusting and spot cleaning throughout the stay which will ensure a well maintained presentation for all that visit us.

Our entertainment on the weekends adds to the "boutique like" ambiance of our hotel so you will continue to see this by our pool area (weather permitting of course). Kevin at the bar will continue to keep that smile on his face so thank you for the wonderful comment he loves to hear the positive feed back!!

Marcus R. Gonzalez
Front Desk Manager

Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel is in a convenient location for going to the theme parks, and it is clean, but the managers lack competence. In my opinion when a hotel does not have enough wash cloths for two days that lacks managerial proficiency. The hotel did not have enough wash cloth inventory for their units. Also, we had to call five or six times before their staff responded to our requests. Although the front desk staff is polite and apologetic, that does not make up for the ineptitude we experienced.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Demetra F
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, the service and staff were great. The pool was lovely, sunbeds modern and clean, and pool towels plentiful. The suite was huge, clean and modern. We ate several times in the downstairs restaurant and the food was excellent, however feel it would be more appropriate to open the upstairs restaurant other than for a chargeable breakfast. I agree with most contributors about the $15 resort fee. It just makes you feel a little 'ripped off'. We took advantage of the hotel transport to Celebration town centre a couple of times and had a good time. We asked for transport up the US 192 but were told they weren't licenced for this trip. A bit disappointing as it was my husbands birthday so we didn't want to drive ourselves. Only a minor issue where overall the hotel provided us with a great holiday experience.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Elvislover57
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Elvislover57,

Thank you for taking time to submit your review and for the great comments! Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Regarding our transportation, unfortunately, we are only permitted to drive our guests to the Celebration area or the neighboring shopping center where the supermarket is located. I’m glad to hear however, that we were able to assist you with other transportation arrangements during your stay. Thank you again for staying with us, please come back to see us soon!

David Gines