Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 31st March 2013 for 1 week, we found the room very clean and spacious for the 3 of us, we were located on the ground and anticipated this being noisy as it looked onto the pool, but how wrong was i, very well built and noise levels very good.

The rooms come very well equipped and plenty of storage space. we had read some comments about staff being not so helpful, but we had not found that at all and all were friendly and accommodating.

We have been to Florida many times and this is probably on my top 3 places to stay, purely due to my previous comments and location, Celebration for us is one of the nicest places to be, everything is close and convenient.

5  Thank Rossi2
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Rossi2,

Thank you so much for your review. Thank you as well for reassuring our Tripadvisor readers that our service is spot on! It is wonderful to see all these great comments!! Thank you for staying with us, I hope to see you again real soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 10 nights at the Melia, which might give you some idea of how much we loved this hotel! I was having surgery at incredible Florida Hospital, a short distance away, so the location was perfect. We had two large bedrooms, plus a full kitchen, which assured us that we didn't have to go out for dinner, but if we did go out, there were dozens of eating places within a few miles, plus a large supermarket. The rooms were bright and airy, with a balcony and wonderful view of the swimming pool, which was the most "kid friendly" I have ever seen! Because of the shallow depth in some places, even toddlers could be taken there! Awesome service (esp. from Kevin!). I would strongly recommend this hotel for families, or for anyone, for that matter. We will definitely be staying at the Melia again when we return in a few months!

Room Tip: The hotel surrounds a kind of "tropical oasis" swimming pool, so I would recommend the inn...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank CarlHonolulu

Dear CarlHonolulu,

Greetings from Orlando to Hawaii!! Beautiful islands!! I’ve actually been to all of the Hawaiian Islands and they are all amazing! It is great to hear that having seen the beauty of Hawaii you thought our pool was like a tropical oasis! We agree!! Thank you so much for your review and for strongly recommending us, we appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon!

Aloha!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I would highly recommend the Melia - it was very clean, very accessible to many attractions, easy to find, the service was excellent, and the restaurant was great! We had a few small issues, but when brought to the attention of the front desk, they were taken care of right away. The staff was very accommodating ... the beds were extremely comfortable, and the room was spacious. Downside - the room keys were not reliable for the first couple of days and we had to ask for washcloths every day (very strange), and the "free" breakfast left a bit to be desired - we ate in the restaurant for breakfast - even though we had to pay for it, it was well worth the price. Other than that, we were very happy with the trip. We stayed for nine nights - happy to do so again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool -
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NLINVT

Dear NLINVT,

It is great to get away once in a while with your friends right?! I’m glad to hear you all had such a wonderful time with us! Thank you for your positive comments and for letting us know about a few things we need to work on, we will definitely share this with the team. We appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Melia Orlando is a confortable, super clean, spacious, family oriented hotel. Nice pool area! Very close to the parks, with free shuttle. Also close to great outlets!! B-fast area can get a bit crowded sometimes, but this is the only downsize. Staff a very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this hotel!

Dear Gabriela S,

Thank you very much for your great comments and for highly recommending us!! I see your from Cancun, have you had a chance to visit us at the Paradisus Cancun? If you haven’t, you need to check it out, it is amazing!! Thank you again for taking time to post your review, we are very glad to see that you had a great experience. See you again soon!!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was 4 of us traveling with my beasties and sister from Atlanta!!! It was not hard to find. Thanks to my handy GPS!! From the moment I arrive the service was awesome. Check in fast. The busboy loaded our luggage and carry everything to the room for us!! Felt like I was VIP!!! The suites are very nice and spacious!! We has a 2bd 2bth. One room was two doubles and the other King Size. Didn't get a chance to experience the breakfast but very very nice place to stay!!!

Dear Natnisha B,

Love to hear that you felt like a VIP!!! This is the kind of experience we strive to provide each and every one of our guests! Thank you again for your great comments and please come back soon!!

Best regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I stopped for two nights, the 28th/29th March of this year. Prior to travelling, I received an e mail about our flights being changed. I e mailed the hotel to advise of this and to say we would not arrive until midnight(ish) local time and the hotel responded to say they would make sure our room was still available regardless. That was great. We arrived, after being awake for more than 24 hours. Immediately impressed by the quality and cleanliness of the room, we crashed out and was looking forward to something for breakfast. We woke, went for breakfast at 9am to find nowhere to seat. On the way to the restaurant we passed people walking back to their rooms carrying coffees and croissants. I thought that was just their preference.
On arriving at the restaurant it was absolutely full with nowhere to seat. I asked the first waitress that I saw about this, and she said that there was seating available upstairs, but because those clients are paying for breakfast the management would not let "customers on complimentary breakfasts go upstairs"
I could understand under normal circumstances, but when the downstairs and outside seating areas are full, what are you supposed to do.
The answer was to go out and get breakfast elsewhere, which we did. The second morning, we did not even bother to try the breakfast buffet, just went out again.
We are travelling back to Orlando again in August and are looking to stop somewhere for 3 nights.
Would I return to the Melia, not sure, everything was good except this issue which nobody seemed to concerned about. It's only a small point, but when having travelled for an exceptionally long time, it is the last thing you want.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear derekt010752,

Thank you for your review and for your great comments regarding our service prior to arrival and our cleanliness. I see however that you felt that our breakfast set up was not very accommodating. We actually do have plenty of space at our second floor restaurant, the Galerie, which we use to accommodate our guests who choose either one of our breakfast options at any time. I would be interested in knowing more details regarding the times you came to the breakfast area to pinpoint if possible the team member who gave you this false information. Please allow me to apologize and ensure you that we will be following up with our Food and Beverage team to avoid any further issues. Please feel free to contact me directly here at the property if you wish to discuss this a bit further. Thank you again for staying with us!!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a 3 day stay at the Melia while we were visiting the Disney parks. The suite was clean, the staff polite and the hotel beautiful. I don't know why anyone would want to stay in a Disney resort compared to staying here. We had a car, so didn't take the transport to the parks, but it was only a 7 minute drive to Epcot. We had a 2 Bedroom suite, with a full kitchen and living room for $170 per night (plus $15 service fee). With all of the taxes, it was about $210 a night for a 2 bedroom suite. The free breakfast was ordinary; cereals and pastry; no protein. Better to eat upstairs--it was very good. I would definitely stay here again and I have stayed at about 30 Orlando hotels and most of the Disney ones. (I live in Florida, so have been going there for conferences and for the parks for decades.)

Room Tip: get a room facing the pool; nice balcony in each room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carla M
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Carla M,

I ask myself that same question every day? : ) It is a pleasure to hear this from a seasoned traveler and fellow Floridian. I absolutely agree with you and I definitely think we have a lot to offer at such a close proximity to all of the Disney parks. Thank you again for staying with us and for posting your review! See you soon!

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
1 mi away
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Comfort Suites Maingate East

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!