“Amazing 1905 salad, fantastic ambience, great value”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Celebration
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Front St. & Sycamore St.
Description: Family-owned and operated for more than 112 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our cafe or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Florida
“Amazing 1905 salad, fantastic ambience, great value”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We dined here last night and we have been many times in th past and never been disappointed. Last night I had the 1905 salad with shrimp added and a side tapas of the garlic scallops. The scallops were to die for - browned perfectly and with a dripping garlic oil that was a meal itself with the Cuban bread. Wow. The salad is always good - I do ask for the dressing to be light because they can be heavy handed on it. My husband had the black bean soup with rice - tons of rice, might be good to share this dish. Then he had a shrimp dish with rice and plaintains and he enjoyed that too. Sangrias were wonderful also. I usually try to eat the dessert too but we were stuffed. Very lively for a Tuesday night and a great ambience where everyone seemed to be having fun and enjoying themselves. By the way, you can buy a recipe book on the way out as well as pottery. Churros for dessert are the best with dipping sauces. Love it there. 77 dollars for this meal for 2 which we think is a good price

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Pompano Beach, Florida, USA
“Once again delicious”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Great food. We come here every year when we are in town. Always very good. We had a great waitress Dawn. She brought us everything we needed and check on us a fee times. Their bread is so yummy. We passed on it this time because we are watching our carbs but we know from the past how good and fresh it is. The cafe con leche martini is excellent and so is the flan. We have gone to their other location in Sarasota. Just as good. My only suggestion would be that when you leave the young people should acknowledge you are leaving and say thank you come again. Instead they were chatting amongst themselves and had no idea guests were leaving. Just my advice to the management. We will be back again in February and again next June.

“Good Spanish for when NOT in Miami.”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I enjoy this restaurant. You usually know what you can expect when it comes to the food. The gambas al Ajillo (shrimp with garlic and red peppers) is amazing! I love how Columbia makes this dish! I also highly recommend the 1905 salad! It is unique and extremely tasty! I ask for extra lemon and Worcestershire which makes it very flavorful! The hot Cuban bread is to die for! Literally the best Cuban bread I've had and I'm born and raised in Miami! The food is good, however, the meals are a bit overpriced since the food they make isn't that unique! If you've NEVER had Cuban food then try it, but there are a ton of other places that you can eat at with superb Spanish food and this restaurant just has OK food.

I've visited the Columbia Restaurants in Sarasota, Tampa, Clearwater Beach, Celebration AND St. Augustine. For ambiance, St. Augustine is by far the best!!!! It's location is phenomenal compared to the other locations including the original in Ybor City (Tampa).

I've eaten a few times at the Celebration location and the only real complaint I have is that the service is not necessarily the best. One hardly ever sees their server and when you do it's for a quick second. Because this is located in such a tourist area, I guess service is not of the utmost importance, however, I am a local and I usually never see the same server twice.

The restaurant doesn't give off the true feeling of Spain where you just sit and relax, it's more of a revolving door, coupled with average food, it's a place to atleast visit once for the experience but not on a regular basis. Mainly because it's overpriced for the amount of food you'll get.

• Visited May 2014
Evansville, Illinois
“Superior dining experience, excellent value”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The atmosphere, service, and quality of food was outstanding. I still am shocked at how reasonably priced the meal was for Orlando. This is a family-owned restaurant, a small number of chains -- a half-dozen or so -- throughout Florida. The current owners are brothers and the third generation as the first location was opened 100 years ago. I had a steak (something nicknamed after the great uncle of the current owner); it was phenomenal. My guest had fish and said it, too, was outstanding. We both ate meals and had drinks and the meal was under $50. If ever in the Disney area and want a good meal at a far better price than so many other places, this is one not to miss.

Visited June 2014
“By far the best Cuban food I have ever had”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have ate at the Ybor City Columbia Restaurant many times but this was the first time I have eaten at the Celebration Restaurant. The food was just as good as the original restaurant. The meal was memorable, this is a great place to eat!

• Visited June 2014