“Thanksgiving Dinner”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Celebration
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Front St. & Sycamore St.
Description: Family-owned and operated for more than 112 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our cafe or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Wilton, Connecticut, USA
“Thanksgiving Dinner”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very organized, handled our family of 13 without any problems. Food was very good and the waiter was extremely helpful in explaining the Cuban items on the menu

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Deltona, Florida
“Great Cuban Food ”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I can see why this place has been around for over a hundred years. The bread is amazing. It comes out really hot. My brother had four by himself and barely touched his dinner it was that good. The chicken and rice was very good as well. Overall a good experience.

Villages, FL
“We love Columbia!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We eat at Columbia whenever we are in the area. Tasty, fresh Cuban food, decent prices, outstanding service. It's always a treat.

Visited December 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Good Spanish cuisine”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was my second time at the Columbia. We were disappointed to not be able to dine outside due to inadequate server staff, not lack of seating. The server was very pleasant and a good salesman but not very attentive to our needs. Some in our party ordered tapas as entree selections. The server really struggled to understand the timing for serving the tapas. I started with corn chowder which was good. It was hot had very flavorful. I followed with paella which was also good. The portion was generous. I ended with chocolate tres leche. Which was OK. The chocolate actually was a detracted from the dessert. Traditional tres leche is much better than the version offered by this establishment. I ordered coffee with dessert, which was cold and I had to send back. Others in my party order coffee con leche which was also delivered cold.

• Visited December 2013
guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia Restaurant, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We are happy that we were able to welcome you back for a second visit. I am pleased that see that you enjoyed your meals. We will share your comments about your server’s difficulty with the timing of delivering your tapas, and not checking to make sure that your beverages were prepared properly. We apologize for these oversights.
Lakeland, Florida
“Good Food Tainted By Poor Service”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Maybe I came here with my expectations too high because of all I've heard about the Columbia restaurants, but I left no where as impressed as I thought I'd be. Food wise, we have few complaints. The bread was steaming hot, the appetizer was delicious, my wife thoroughly enjoyed her 1905 salad, and I can't complain about my meal.

What I can and will complain about is the service we received. It started out pretty good, but then it just fell off. I found myself sipping my drink for fear I'd never get another refill as our waitress only stopped by twice during the course of the meal. Even without being seated at the bar, we had to constantly listen to other waiters having issues with the bartender who seemed to be working faster that one could expect. I mean, one waiter started pitching a fit the bartender had left the bar for 60 seconds ... TO GET ICE. Maybe I'm crazy, but drinks usually need ice.

I've read over some of the other reviews and it seems it's hit and miss here. Hopefully with the reviews, management will be able to figure out what element(s) of the staff are causing the less than stellar experience and truly make improvement.

In the meantime, the experience has made us not want to return, which is unfortunate as we enjoyed the food. Maybe on day we will be near one of the other Columbia restaurants and can try again.

• Visited December 2013
We are pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your meals. We do apologize that your server did not take better care of you. We thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments so we can bring these issues to the attention of our managers so they can correct them, and remind our servers of the importance of taking care of our guests from the beginning to the end of their meals.