“great tapas”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Celebration
Cuisines: Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Front St. & Sycamore St.
Description: Family-owned and operated for more than 112 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our cafe or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2007

great tapas

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

• Chinese (Traditional) first
clermont, Florida
“Columbia is no Celebration”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

This was our third trip here. They have finally struck out. We were there on Sunday March 4 at 6PM. Service is slow and you just get the feeling that the restaurant is run on a shoestring.

My water glass arrived with some kind of green stuff all over it. Waiter took it away after I pointed it out. I had Paella (sp) and it was hot but not as tasty as I thought it should have been. My companions all had Grouper and the reviews ranged from tough to fishy.

Bill came and I was shocked to see my Grey Goose Gibson was $12.45!! The Bill also said it was Kettle One and the waiter explained that that was a mistake. So was our third visit.

2 Thank realtorclermont
Celebration Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the music and family atmospshere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2006

I just experienced the 101st celebration of the Columbia Resturant. I usually go Friday nights to listen to the duo play music and have dinner in the bar area. (No Wait) Ryan the bartender is always there with a smile and a drink as soon as I sit down for with my whole family. The musicians always come out in the audience and mingles with magic and family pictures. I have never had a bad meal. I suggest the shrimp wraped with bacon and for your apetizer. I like filet steak call the columbia with the good rice. Please don't forget the 1905 salad tossed right in front of you, it is really speical. Enjoy your evening from 8:00 to 10:00 when the crowds are less and people are in the mood to dance. Have fun and enjoy. P.S. Ask for the bluegrass music sung in spanish. Enjoy!!

1 Thank FirstTimeTravel
Augusta, Georgia
“Waist of time and money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2006

Let me preview by saying that I lived in Miami and Tampa for many years. Therefore, I’m very familiar with Cuban cooking and the original Ybor Columbia restaurant. If you are expecting an authentic Cuban meal, you will be very disappointed. Mojito was one of the worst I ever tried. When I mentioned it to the waiter, he took the drink to the bar. The bartender shrugged his shoulders and promptly added more Rose lime juice. So much for the fresh limes. I then switched to Sangria that tasted like cheap soda. Now to the main coarse. I ordered roasted pork. If any of you ever been to a Cuban house on Xmas you surely know this delicacy. Columbia serves nothing even remotely resembling. Their roast pork belongs in Denny’s. My wife had Ropa Vieja. It was just a little better than the pork. For some reason the sauce was sweet. We decided not to take any chances with a desert.
If you have time, get on I-4 and drive to Tampa for an original taste. Even better, go to Miami.

4 Thank Gene_Augusta