“Sunday afternoon meal”

Cuisines: Irish
Blairsville, Georgia
“Sunday afternoon meal”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I had a very good meal and visit to the pub. We were there on a late Sunday afternoon recently and the pub only had eight other customers and they seemed to be locals so that was a very good first impression. The pub is nicely decorated with lots of Irish flags and sports memorabilia. The beer selection is quite extensive. I ordered a steak and cheese sandwich and my husband ordered a ham and cheese sandwich. Both were served very hot and both were very good.

The pub is in the small town of Celebration which is a very upscale development originally built by the Disney Corporation. The bartender/waitstaff told us a little about the town. He told us how to get to a section of the town to drive by some outstandingly beautiful homes. Later we did drive by these homes and they are very impressive.

The pub is located in a small shopping area that is separate from the downtown area of Celebration and very easy to access from the main road in front of it, Irol Bronson Highway. The shopping area also has a Publix, a bank and also a automotive supply place.

Great service, good food and an authentic pub atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank joy12Blairsville_GA

kitchener, Ontario
“Great Find”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This Irish Pub is hidden in a nicely looking plaza.
The food is really well done. Better then the usual pub grub.
Prices were excellent.
They feature a differant $3 beer special each day, all day.
Not just at happy hour. On our visit it was Guinness.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank bhceltic
Borsbeek, Belgium
“Uncle and nephew from Belgium. We visit this pub since 5 years every april.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Found this pub on google before my first vsit. I come back every month of april since then( 5 yers ago). We like the people, the service, the Guinness and the food!!! The music needs some more Irish sounds and it could be less loud.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank PAULVL26
Connecticut
“Very good Irish Pub with drinks and food - nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was in town for a business conference at the nearby Gaylord’s Resort. I was looking for a place to eat by checking Google maps for ideas, when I spotted Mulligan’s Pub on a small street off of the Irlo Bronson Highway near Joe’s Crab Shack.

So I decided to visit Mulligan’s and was very pleased with what I found. I ended up parking in what was the back of their building. It was a Friday night at 6:00 pm and there were a few tables outside the back door filled with people, a good sign.

I went inside to find a typical Irish pub with dark wooden walls decorated with Irish and sports themed knick knacks. They had several TV’s showing various sports including a rugby match from England.

I found a seat at the bar and ordered a Guinness ($5.50) while looking at their menu. The menu had burgers, soups, salads, and a variety of Irish dishes.

I chose two dishes. First, I ordered a Guinness stew ($7) which came in a medium size crock style bowl along with 4 slices of bread. The stew broth was delicious and the chunks of meats and vegetables were huge. Next, I ordered the Shepherd’s Pie ($10) which came with the potatoes and meat mixture inside the same size bowl. As a side, I chose a salad. The bowl came with potato overflowing the bowl. It did not appear to have been baked long as there were no browned edges. But, it was very good and filling. The salad was much larger than I had expected.

For happy hour (5 to 7) they had a 2 for 1 special with domestic drafts. I ordered a Yuengling ($3) and got a second one for free.

They have trivia on Thursdays. I was sorry that I missed that.

I was very pleased with my meal. It was more food than I had planned as I was surprised at how big the portions were.

All of the bartenders were friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed my meal there and I would not hesitate going back if I was in the area.

• Visited September 2012