“Know what to expect, be independent, and you'll enjoy it”

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed February 25, 2005

We stay at a variety of hotels, from Ritz Carlton to Hampton Inn, and we found the Wyndham to be a pleasant experience. For those who expect a 5-star experience, DO THE RESEARCH! This is actually rated as a 3-diamond not 5, by AAA. The 5 is, I believe, a self-evaluation. If you realize this, you won't be disappointed by the Wyndham.

If you seek someplace close (15 min. or less) to Disney, with a golf course and much more space than a hotel room, and if you are fairly independent/unlikely to need frequent hotel staff services, this is probably a good option.

Our 2-bedroom unit on the 3rd floor in Bldg. 22 had ample space for 4 adults, was very clean and well-maintained, and had all the kitchen supplies we needed for simple breakfasts and lunches. If you are expecting to turn out elaborate meals 3 times a day, why are you going on vacation? Also, don't expect enormous pools--if that's why you came to Orlando, don't stay at a GOLF resort. For those who don't feel like walking 5-15 min. to get to pools or golf course, shuttles are quick. I don't know what this is like for those with kids, but I would imagine it's more enjoyable than being crammed into a small hotel room.

We sat in on the time-share presentation to get a good rate, and our sales rep was low-pressure. We've done this once before in Orlando, where the 90 min. turned into 200 min., so the Wyndham experience was not bad by comparison. (I think time shares are a ludicrous scam, by the way.)

I will say, they did try to reschedule our reservation, which angered us, but we absolutely refused to be bumped, and after a couple of tense phone calls, we got it worked out.

Also, don't fool around using the phone or other services that add charges to your bill, and you'll be able to do an express check-out. Local and 800 number calls DO get charged. Check out time is early--10 am-- but they let us stay until 11.

Frankly, after reading other reviews, I was very nervous about the Wyndham, but I was actually quite pleased by it. We may do this at Xmas if we can get another good rate.

33  Thank travelerkalamazoo

Reviewed February 23, 2005

This hotel is hyped up to be a "country club". Rooms are spacious, but worn. Kitchen supplies are minimal and of poor quality. Kitchen appliances are sub-standard. Resort is too big for the # of pools they have. Totally not enjoyable because of the crowds--can't swim, can only stand and walk around in the water. It's a shame because as you pull in the resort it looks gorgeous and we were psyched, but were very disappointed and won't return. We requested a 3 bedroom villa for our family of 5. We ended up with a 2 bedroom villa and a 1 bedroom villa, so we had 2 kitchens (totally not necessary).

10  Thank amferguson
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 1, 2005

This place has it ALL! I've stayed here twice and LOVED it !! Nothing to say bad here... These people do it right!

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2005

We won't stay anywhere else anymore after a near horrible experience. We stayed at the Wyndham last year and loved our stay in a 2 bedroom unit. For some reason, we switched this year to another place right on Irlo Bronson Parkway. Disaster. We checked out in 5 minutes and rushed over to the Wyndham Palms Resort & Country Club. This place is great. Accommodations are huge, clean and have all the comforts of home. Actually wish we had more time to relax and enjoy the comfort of our room - complete with giant screen TV in the livingroom (standard in all units).

I'll never make my mistake again. We will ALWAYS book at the Wyndham Palms Resort & Country Club

• Stayed: January 2005
15  Thank galileocan
Reviewed January 22, 2005

all of our family loves the wyndham palms because. the hot tub and the big tv set i think this hotel is the excellent to stay.

13  Thank Jeany S
Reviewed January 16, 2005

First of all "membership has it's priviledges" As a Wydham by request member I felt I was treated extra special. My 2 bedroom suite located on the 4th floor overlooking the golf course was (needless to say) the envy of my peers. As far as the price goes it was more than a bargain. I've stayed at many places and this experience has spoiled me. Whenever I travel I wil try to use Wyndham. Even though this property is about 5 miles from the attractions (Disney, etc.) the combination of rate savings and accomodation quality, makes this an uncomparable Value. I paid less for a the room and car rental than my peers paid for at one of the attraction properties (about $50 less). This also is a family friendly resort. Don't let the fact that this is "timeshare property" deprive you of a 1st class experience.

18  Thank CARoadWarrior
A TripAdvisor Member
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed January 10, 2005

We stayed at the Wyndham Golf Resort in our 2-bedroom lockout for the 1st time Jan. 1-8th 2005. I was so highly impressed. Everyone there was super helpful, friendly and more than willing to answer any of our questions/inquiries....They aim to please. The property is clean, quiet and I felt extremely safe walking around no matter what time day/night it was. There are many activities (mostly free) on-site that involve all age groups. I love this place and highly recommend it. I am SO glad we invested in this timeshare. I can see this resort becoming the #1 vacation spot in the Orlando area. They are currently building new buildings and have tremendous plans for new amenities.
I can't wait to see the place when I return next year.

Love it!!! Can't wait to go back. My entire family (6 of us total) all were impressed and hated to leave.

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Grande Villas Resort
Grande Villas Resort
#3 of 22 in Orlando
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!