“A wonderful Property”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Orange County, CA
“A wonderful Property”
Reviewed January 16, 2005

First of all "membership has it's priviledges" As a Wydham by request member I felt I was treated extra special. My 2 bedroom suite located on the 4th floor overlooking the golf course was (needless to say) the envy of my peers. As far as the price goes it was more than a bargain. I've stayed at many places and this experience has spoiled me. Whenever I travel I wil try to use Wyndham. Even though this property is about 5 miles from the attractions (Disney, etc.) the combination of rate savings and accomodation quality, makes this an uncomparable Value. I paid less for a the room and car rental than my peers paid for at one of the attraction properties (about $50 less). This also is a family friendly resort. Don't let the fact that this is "timeshare property" deprive you of a 1st class experience.

18 Thank CARoadWarrior

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
Reviewed January 10, 2005

We stayed at the Wyndham Golf Resort in our 2-bedroom lockout for the 1st time Jan. 1-8th 2005. I was so highly impressed. Everyone there was super helpful, friendly and more than willing to answer any of our questions/inquiries....They aim to please. The property is clean, quiet and I felt extremely safe walking around no matter what time day/night it was. There are many activities (mostly free) on-site that involve all age groups. I love this place and highly recommend it. I am SO glad we invested in this timeshare. I can see this resort becoming the #1 vacation spot in the Orlando area. They are currently building new buildings and have tremendous plans for new amenities.
I can't wait to see the place when I return next year.

Love it!!! Can't wait to go back. My entire family (6 of us total) all were impressed and hated to leave.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2005

We stayed at the Wyndham Palms in May 2004 and loved it. I was slightly concerned because of the few bad reports on this website, but was so pleasantly suprised. I took the advice I'd read about the noise level and requested a room on the 3rd floor. I recommend calling to confirm, don't just purchase on line and then expect to get exactly what you asked for. I was concerned enough to call twice! We did not get the golf course view I requested, though. I assume they are picked over very early (we booked two months in advance). I was able to request a new building by one of the pools (which we never used), but it seemed nice. Our location & proximity to WDW was awesome! Were parked at each resort in no more than 15 minutes, usually quicker. We were able to come home every afternoon for my daughter to take a nap! Room service, which I did not request, nor pay extra for, was so nice, they even made up my daughter's air mattress on the floor and placed her stuffed animals on it as if they'd been waiting for her return! I booked using Wyndham's website, their "webrates" were the cheapest I found. ($109 for the larger one bedroom). The sales staff, of course, dropped by the first two days, but quit once I let them know we were not interested in purchasing a time share.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 30, 2004

This timeshare is fantastic. We loved the large rooms and great amenities. It has a big screen tv, jet tub, and washer/dryer. The pools are small, but beautiful and well maintained. It is very close to disney, allowing us to play all morning, come home for a nap, and stay out late. We will visit the wyndham palms again.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
northern, NJ
Reviewed November 20, 2004

Very nice stay. Large clean rooms. Friendly staff. This is a gated community with 24hr roving security as well. Rooms have large screen TV, full size washer and dryer, full kitchen and large jacuzzi in master bedroom bath. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit with a screened in porch. I estimated it to be about 1250 sq ft. which is the size of a good size condo. They had three pools, miniture golf and a 18 hole championship golf course on site. The clubhouse is huge and very nice. Also basketball, shuffle board and all the other amenities you would expect at a 5 star resort of this nature. Plenty of parking is available. You do need a car if you want to tour the area. Very close to Disney and all attractions. Some buildings are still under construction because this is a newer resort. Check-in was in a temporary trailer but that was not not a big deal and understandable since this is new construction. Should be a totally awesome place when it is completed. All in all very nice stay and resort. We are already booked to go again in Aprill 2005. Maybe we will see you there. Happy vacationing.

21 Thank ghcnj
Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 10, 2004

This is more a fancy apartment complex than a resort. Where they got all their stars from is a mystery to me.
For starters there is still construction going on and the front desk is in a trailer. Check-in was a nightmare, we were handed the wrong keys, the cribs were in a neighboring unit not ours, the AC was broken and and our intial room smelled like mold. It took almost two hours to straighten everything out while our toddlers needed to sleep.

The rooms are small, modern apartments in multi unit 3-4 story buildings. They are well equiped and clean for the most part, aside from some live/dead bugs. The units are sold (timeshare?) as well through sales presentations. The pools are fairly small and NOT heated so we could not use them in early October.

The breakfast is very disappointing. No fresh fruit, cheap individually sealed pastry, cheap OJ, plastic plates and self service. It is offered next to 2 of the pools and the music was uncomfortably loud. Tables and chairs were wet with due but it was left to us to dry and clean them with paper napkins.

The check-out was a nightmare as well taking over an hour. The billing statements were all wrong and no one there to fix them. Fortunately we went the evening before.

In summary, a decent place to stay if you come with low expectations and are mainly looking for proximity to Disney, modern rooms and no service. The staff seemed very indifferent/rude and I would not call this a resort...

• Stayed October 2004
8 Thank Macikalu
Reviewed November 9, 2004

If you are a family looking for lots of space and you don't need extensive facilities or good management/services, this might be a good spot. It's close to Magic Kingdom.

However, if you are expecting a resort, spa, country club, and your imagination is running - look elsewhere.

This is all about time-share ownership - don't even bother trying to stay for a night or two as a guest and expect to be staying at a real 3-4 star hotel.

If you are traveling for business, such as for a nearby convention, this place is sub-par. No high speed data connection, no conference center, and poor service. Hotel is pretty far out from civilization.

It takes 3+ requests to get anything done with this hotel. Turn the message light off (3 calls), and a request to get a copy of the invoice (3+++ calls) has been taking weeks. As a guest, none of the soaps and extras were in the room - had to call to request. Misinformation galore - misleading directions to the hotel (get off the exit and get over to the left to make the turn onto... - ok, but you didn't say travel several miles before making that left turn!!!). In any event, you're left on hold - or feel like you're interrupting a giggle conversation of the employees - so why bother calling anyway.

If you want a hotel, and depending on what your needs are, you might want to look around.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#22 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,735 reviews

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!