“Will come back”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Jacksonville, Florida
“Will come back”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews before we arrived so I was aware about requesting renovated rooms and checking .didn't had to deal with checking since we where vip but to test the system I request to change mi room to a different building and yes I had the building requested but told Up front that Will take longer and Will not be a renovated room .the non renovated room was spacious clean did not have big tvs but had two midsized flat panels and a regular one .we didn't had to attend a time share presentation but we went anyway they didn't sold us anything since our time share is paid off.we pretended to be non owners and the staff treated us the same way they treated us when we went thru our concerge Marcus .Is a nice quiet place huge property near marker 5 on Kissimee and plenty of activities to do insite .the restaurant even deliver you food to the swimming pools .if u need to go from point a to go b just call front desk they'll send u a cart to pick u up.Hey Mystic Dunes staff.We put u to the test as Vip and as guest and you Passed on both .Special thanks to Marcus for making the guest on room 32311 like we where home

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
Pembroke pines
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I booked here because I got a deal on Groupon. I hadn't read the reviews prior and I wasn't aware that it is a timeshare. I like that although it is a timeshare they do not require that you attend a pitch and they did not solicit us. The room were very spacious and clean, my only complaint about the property is that we had an alarming amount of spider webs, small bugs, and spider outside our door. The check in and check out process is very time consuming and they definitely would benefit from having more front desk staff. We did attend a pitch in order to get discounted park tickets and the pitch went an hour over which was inconvenient but we did receive the park tickets. Overall I would stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Hotpinkzoo
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We were married at the Mystic Dunes golf resort several months ago and Loved every moment.The staff was very hospitable, several pools, activities and more. The hotel staff was able to get all of our wedding guests in the same building which we really appreciated. We would love to come back soon.

• Stayed April 2014
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Everything was amazing. Pools are very family friendly, rooms were clean, golf course looked gorgeous, pool bar staff was great, and Jacuzzi in bedroom topped it all off. Only negative I had was waiting around for a room to get ready. I called HOURS before to see if I could get an early check in as I was surprising my girlfriend for her birthday, I wanted to set the room up before I brought her in. I was initially told I could check in early but when I got there I was told differently. I spent well over an hour sitting there in the lobby in plain sight hoping that one of the clerks would just call my name and tell me my room was ready but it never happened. I went to the desk several times in that hour asking how much longer it would be and every time I walked up (speaking to the same agent) she acted like she had no idea I was waiting for a room. In the meantime, sitting in the lobby at least 10 other people checked in while I sat there. Okay, I understand, maybe they had a different room type and mine wasn't ready but it's not like I was there hours early, I was only there an hour before check in and there was ZERO rooms ready for me? A little communication between the front office and housekeeping was all it could have taken. Managing several different hotels I understand that this was just a request but at least making the guest feel like you are doing SOMETHING to at least TRY and get them in would have been appreciated rather than just telling me I had to wait. What made it even worse was the agent told me what time check in was and that I was early like I didn't know this. She said that when check in time comes, my room would be ready. I actually waited 20 minutes AFTER check in time to get the keys to my room without even an apology. Yes you did nothing wrong, you are doing your job, but in hospitality it is a requirement to BE HOSPITABLE even when situations are out of your control. Sure housekeeping was running behind but apologize! empathize! Definitely would not hire anyone like that at any hotel I manage. Being run by Diamond Resorts I guess I just had higher expectations for customer service. If I would have received ONE apology I would have given this resort 5 stars but due to being let down right off the bat I am only giving three. Chances are I will not be going back to this resort or maybe any other Diamond Resorts due to the fact that I base my stays off my genuine customer service interaction, but I will definitely recommend to any families who are on vacation with kids or golfers who are more interested in the amenities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Christopher S
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful and quiet place to stay. Check-in staff is very friendly and helpful. Was greeted at entrance everyday upon return and asked how our day was. Pool is nice, clean, fun and has a slide. Clean and functional 2 bedroom 3 beds suite. Fully equipped kitchen. Washer and dryer. The beds and pillows were nice and cozy. Golf resort, so expect to see more green for a balcony view over blue water or fountains. The entire landscape is very crisp and clean. They only have housekeeping upon request. If you need fresh linens or anything, call front desk and they will arrive within 15 min. This was my niece and nephews first vacation and resort experience. They loved their room. Lots of drawers and space to move about. A/C was great too. The woman at front desk gave us the building (#22) across from pool with slide since it was their first time and knew they were excited to use it. They were very happy and I was very pleased. I can't express enough how friendly the staff is. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank FrancesEE
Tampa
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have stayed at Mystic Dunes several times now and each time has been a wonderful experience!

They rooms are very roomy, the beds are comfy and the pool area is fantastic!

The only downside is that when it rains the walkways are so wet they are pretty much impossible to walk on!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KF282
SPRINGFIELD, IL
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Just checked in last night to bldg. 15 and were welcomed to a sink clogged with disgusting water. We were also told we were getting a "renovated" room. Apparently renovated also includes those renovated by the previous resort owners. Room is worn, stained carpets, etc. As Diamond members, we expected to be treated better. It was too late to fix sink last night, Really disappointed so far. Was looking forward to one of the beautiful newer rooms I've seen in photos. Grounds look very nice.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank HRSLVR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
#26 of 152 in Kissimmee
Grande Villas Resort
Grande Villas Resort
#3 of 21 in Orlando

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!