“No Complaints!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Lincoln, Nebraska
“No Complaints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

First of all I just want to say obviously no hotel/resort can be perfect all the time. I found this resort on Groupon and jumped at the chance to get our 5 night stay for 25% off with no resort fees. I know I saw one review that said they didn't honor this deal for them, well they did for us with no problems whatsoever. Also the word timeshare wasn't mentioned once! I checked Tripadvisor after booking and was really nervous after seeing the negative reviews. I can't stress enough that these reviews really are either rare or petty. Obviously these people are seeking absolute perfection! I called beforehand to confirm my reservation and request an upper level, renovated room near the pool area. They honored all of my requests, giving us an upper level renovated room right in the middle of three of the pools, in building 16. We were amazed at the quality of the room. It was very nice and very clean, large and we were given literally everything that we could possibly need, and it was clean. I was concerned the dishes would maybe be dirty and scratched, not the case! We actually joked that we could live there! Check in was quick and check out literally involved calling and telling them that we were leaving and dropping our keys off at the gate. The grounds were beautiful, clean and well landscaped. The pools were great, and the bars even better! The employees were polite and friendly. The onsite restaurant, Kenzie's, was delicious and they offer room delivery of excellent quality. I really have no complaints. I just really want people to look past these negative reviews. We had a great stay and I would definitely recommend it!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank czentner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
NEPEAN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

First off, I can't comment on the actual property itself as it turns out I was never actually allowed to stay there.

I purchased a one week stay at the Mystic Dunes on-line (at 25% off) that included no resort fees and a free round of mini-golf. Upon checking in (at 11:15 p.m.) I was basically handed a letter and told they would not be able to honor my reservation due to a "maintenance issue". They said they tried to contact me to notify me, but claimed they didn't have my contact information. This despite the fact that I spoke to them directly on two separate occasions (including a few days prior) to make sure that all was in order and to notify them of the late-check-in.

I was then sent to another Diamond property down the road and told they would be expecting me. This obviously wasn't the case as they took over an hour to check us in and find us a room (by this time it was approaching 12:30 a.m.). While the room appeared to be comparable (although I'll never really know), activity fees applied to virtually everything and no allowances were made to compensate for my original deal nor for the inconvenience of having to move. In addition, I got to endure numerous time-share telephone calls. Not surprisingly, no one from Mystic Dunes ever followed up with me to ensure that everything was o.k., to apologize for the change or to discuss how to deal with honoring the original terms of my deal.

Upon checking out at the end of the week, I happened to ask for a printed receipt, and was shocked to find out that the overall cost associated with my stay at this property was over $100.00 less than the cost of my original deal. So not only do I end up at a resort where the privileges identified in my original deal no longer apply, but Diamond Resorts effectively ends up making a profit off of me as well.

I guess it's easy for Diamond to offer a great deal at one of their resorts when they have no intention whatsoever of honoring it (and can make money off it). As a result of my experience and the highly suspicious and questionable nature of this entire transaction, I will never stay at a Diamond Resort again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank WILLIAM L
Fitzroy Harbour, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom for the week of March 15-22 and it was wonerful. We stayed in building 19 on the 4th floor with a view of the golf course. Check in was quick and they called when the room was ready. Very friendly very helpful. Our condo was outstanding, newly renovated with no complaints. Well the squeaky door on the neighbor unit was annoying lol. The resort shuttle was a little annoying we ordered it for 7 am for my husband to tee off on the golf course at 7:30 they called me at 7:40 to say it arrived ummm just a tad late. Pool was cold but the sun was hot so I enjoyed my down time. Always a chair and lots of towels available. We had zero complaints and would stay again. Kitchen well stocked with everything we needed, and a simple call got me more laundry soap. Bed was comfortable and I have a tender back. Best of all we were within 15 min to all theme parks and both outlet malls. Loved it...if your on a budget and want a nice place to stay this is it. We will be back....thanks for the great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room and if your going to be using the pools ask to be close to the pool a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy-Andrew3234
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

flew with Virgin from Manchester, arrived around about 6.30pm, check in was easy, and we were given a 2 bed appartment in block 24. Ive no idea if this is a refurbished room or not, it was very nice anyway. The front door opens into a spacious dinning/lounge area, dinning table and chairs, and nice leather corner sofa with TV. the TV seemed to pic up various channels but for my granddaughter the main channel was Disney, so she was happy. The kitchen area was well stocked, a free sample of washing up liquid some dishwasher powder filter coffee and salt and pepper. Shower gels etc in both bathrooms. the smaller of the bedrooms had 2 double beds in and a bathroom next to it with lovely powerful shower and always plenty of hot water. The master bedroom had a massive jaccuzi toilet and shower. the patio area over looked the golf course, that my daughters boyfriend had a game on, it took him 4 hours to complete all 18 holes.
there isnt a maid service which suited me fine, i dont have a maid service at home and felt safe knowing no one was going to go in the appartments when we were out and about.
I spent all my time at Disney with my granddaughter so didnt spend much time in the appartment, apart from the evenings.
the beds were lovely and comfy.
We couldnt work out the internet, \i think we got 48 hours free and after that it went off and i assume we had to pay for it, but we didnt need it and when we checked in for our flight home we did it at the main reception where we could also print off our boarding cards.
Its a easy journey to the Disney Parks, took about 25 mins to get to Mall of Millenea and Wal marts in abundance.
We were very happy with this accomodation and would use it again, but I kind of like going somewhere different each trip.

Room Tip: We were in Block 24 which was a bit of a walk to the reception area but near a pool, there are golf...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank GwenU
Plainfield, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I'm staying here right as I write this because I am so annoyed that I couldn't wait. Overall the room is fair but very dated. The main problem is that the hot water smells HORRIBLE. It's nearly impossible to even bathe in. The cold water isn't too bad but we are scared to even brush our teeth with that. We literally let the hot water run for over an hour and the smell never left. That only succeeded in stinking up our bedroom. I called room service and a maintenance man came and said he would talk to his supervisor. That's it. That was at 9:00am and now it's midnight. Still stinky. So we have a nice jacuzzi tub in our room that we can't use because it smells like a swamp.

The other issues-

We checked in at 5:00pm, got to our room and when we opened the door a maintenance man was still in here. He was painting the appliances. I know this from the smell, and the fact that he forgot a spray can of appliance epoxy behind when he left.

The other main issue is that there is a space below the front door big enough for my kids to fit their fingers through. So we are forced to put a towel in front of it. Otherwise every bug in Florida wants to crawl in.

So to summarize - big room. Very outdated. REALLY bad smelling water. (I don't think I can stress this enough). Nice grounds. Close to the park. Might be nice for a weekend but any longer would probably kill you from the stench.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Torellot
Southern Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Upon check in, we were immediately informed by the friendly front desk staff that along with a resort fee, there was also an $800 security deposit. Shocker! Priceline didn't mention that. That was part of our vaca cash. Then we were told to go to the "welcome desk" for our "free gift". Something else not mentioned was there would be a pitch for you to come to a breakfast seminar the next morning to hear about their property and have a tour via golf cart. The staff said, "no sales pitch, we just want you to stay with us again and tell all your friends about it". LOL Put down the $20 deposit and then blew it off the next day after reading reviews about the high pressure sales at Mystic Dunes. So, we get to our room. It's quite spacious, but furniture looks cheap (painted plywood), cold, very dated (1970s era), no HD, no movie channels. 10 minutes in room a service tech shows up and tells us he's there to replace the non working phone. He then informs us, it's not the phone it's the line. Therefore, internet not working either. Front desk moves us to another room at 10:30 p.m. Second room was identical to first and also identical was the non working internet. It was an issue our entire stay. The grounds are very beautiful. The pools and pool areas are nice, but overly crowded. Good luck finding a chair or lounger or even a space in the pool. I would recommend staying at another property, one that doesn't sell timeshares.

Room Tip: Choose another property. There are dozens of hotels in the area that don't sell timeshares. if...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kime64
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

The resort was beautiful. The condo was huge, spotless and had everything we needed. I read some bad reviews and was nervous about renting. NO need people it was perfect and super close to Disney. Ask for an updated room just in case. And also call for their correct address as the one on the site is wrong, we spent way too long trying to find it even with the gps. We finally called and the address on the site is different. All I can say is book it!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms, updated condo's
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank barbsview
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Grande Villas Resort
Grande Villas Resort
#4 of 17 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,415 reviews

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!