“Great location! Beautiful resort!”

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We just returned from a one week stay at the Mystic Dunes Resort. The villa was very spacious and clean. A little dated but you forgot about that once you're settled in. We were in building 30, right next to one of the pools. The villa comes stocked with only a small liquid detergent and one packet of laundry detergent but all you have to do is phone front desk and they'll bring more upon request. I was very satisfied with service here, as we had three sick little ones and went through a lot of laundry. All at no extra charge to your room. We decided to drive and park at the Disney Parks so we could use our AAA parking pass. All of the parks are close to the villa, just minutes away. There is a Target store only 5 minutes up the road from Mystic, so we stocked up on groceries there. Much cheaper than the so called super market on the main strip. I would definitely go back to Mystic Dunes! Can't beat the location and the resort is gorgeous!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank sllyrbbt
Write a ReviewReviews (3,259)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Compare it to a stay in a cramped up hotel room where you just get a bed and tv with a small bathroom, it was fantastic. The time share sharks were annoying, took 4 no's during the preview for them to get it. Outside of that, if you have money to spend I could see time share being worth it. There were MANY attractions to go around. So this review is based off me and my husband staying strictly to use it was a place to stay with a day or two being lazy, watching cable and eating pizza. We stayed in a ground level one room.

Customer Service - The people were very friendly. Even the time share sharks! However, it was a pain when we tried to explain that with house hunting a time share was just not in our budget. They came back 4 times with new offers, and it became a bit annoying. But again, they were still friendly even after the final no.

Value - You can't beat it. You're getting an apartment basically. A very well stocked kitchen (wine glasses, booya!), a nice sized bathroom with a walk in shower, a decent living room (comfy couch did not try the couch bed) with a nice tv, and then your master bedroom with a whirlpool tub and another tv. There was an iron in the closet as well as a washer/dryer in the unit (of course bring your own soap) and they provide PLENTY of towels. The only reason I won't rate value as excellent, to me the bed was the most uncomfortable thing in the world and that was something I was wanting!

Sleep Quality - The mattress was like, extra EXTRA firm. Very hard. Pillows were comfy and the bed was very clean. But I could not get comfortable. There were mirrors all over the wall, and with the window coverings, there was a crack that no matter how hard you try to position the coverings, light still got in, bounced off the mirror and ended up on my side of the bed. The windows are also rather thin. At one point I was talking to my husband outside the window with it closed.

Cleanliness - When we came in it was rather clean. Smelled clean and all. The floor was not 100% vacuumed in the bedroom, but the carpet was rather short so maybe it was just hard to do it, but it was not that big of a deal to us. It was like a clothes tab that was stuck on the floor. We did have a few lady bugs, but no other bugs thankfully! We did NOT opt for housekeeping and if you do not, they will NOT visit your room while you stay. (Housekeeping is extra, we just were responsible and picked up after ourselves)

Location - FANTASTIC, if you drove yourself I suppose, which we did. You're about 1 minute to drive on a strip with a lot of things. Great restaurants (I highly recommend Flippers for pizza and Sweet Tomatoes for a buffet), shopping, and of course... you're a stones throw from Disney World, about 20 from Universal Studio's, and very close to many other fun attractions. Lots of mini golf courses, and 7-11's which were great for the two nights we decided to stay in and rent a movie from the red box.

Rooms - Compare it to staying in a little hotel room, this was pretty good. They were clean, very spacious, and functional. As I said, our unit was a bit outdated which sucked because we did have a few days we just stayed in. BUT the appearance is not everything, it was very well functional. Biggest let down was the whirlpool tub being so loud, and the microwave. Outside of that worth it.

So staying as a couple, we enjoyed it. It was worth the value, we got to do a lot of things and try many new things, and we were able to relax for the most part. To me and my husband, extra firm mattresses are not our types, but some people may like them.

Overall, I'd recommend it!

Room Tip: If you're not an owner they tend to not WANT to move you to an upgraded unit, but they may if yo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DoomCakes
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed here from 11/28/13 - 11/30/13 The inside was dirty, floorboards were extremly dirty, burn marks on the counter, this place was certainly not kept up! The outside grounds were outstanding. Our stay was suppose to be for 2 weeks, but because we could not stand how dirty it was we left early and went to another place..We even took pictures! While there my Pandora Braclett went missing. I am a Breast Cancer Survivior and all the charms on it had meaning to me, these are charms from my Children and Grandchildren, most of the charms on it were about some of the challenges I have overcome in my life! I called lost and found and the person I talked with was rude, this is not what I expected, she did tell me she would find out who cleaned the room and speak with them and get back to me and never did!! I would never recommend this place to anyone. This bracelet meant the world to me, the only mistake I made was leaving in my top draw one day when we went to Disney! They came in, cleaned the room and the Bracelet was gone!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Cheryl K
MysticGM, General Manager at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Good Afternoon Cheryl,
Unfortunately, I have no record of this incident. We take the safety & security of our members, owners and guests, very seriously. Although it has been almost three months, please contact me at your eariliest convenience with the best way to reach you. I can be reached at victor.mcelroy@diamondresorts.com.
Victor McElroy
Area General Manager

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our little family spent 5 night at mystic Dunes from Feb 9 to Feb 14 in a spacious 2 bedroom. We loved our experience since the condo was very spacious, was well furnished and very clean. There were some minor issues such has a broken light, small rip in the sofa and we had some ants our last night at the resort. But I am glad to say that once notified of the minor issues we had quick response and follow-up to ensure the issues were resolved to our satisfaction which they were.
It is very important to mention that Mystic Dunes is situation very close to Disney world (Less then 15 minutes to most parks) which was very convenient for our vacation. The resort provides a good shuttle service although we preferred to rent a car since it provide us with more freedom.

At the resort we particularly loved the Dunes Pool and the mini golf which provided some onsite entertainment for our family.

2  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed February 11, 2014

HELLO Disney traveler!! PLEASE believe me when I tell you this hotel is an amazing value if you have a car! For about $100 dollars a night we had a full suite - 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, full kitchen, etc etc etc! Just loved this hotel!

You have to have a car thou, getting around by their golf cart is a PITA!

Stay away from the timeshare stuff as well. Just skip the 'welcome' package all together!

You can't go wrong staying at this resort! ENJOY!

Oh - and BEST bed ever! I can't exaggerate this more! Love Love Love the bed and linens and I stay in ALOT of hotels :)

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room near a pool so you won't have to walk!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank RodeoFoto
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were at a conference in another Kissimmee area hotel and decided to extend our stay over the weekend at Mystic Dunes. I picked up a groupon for a two-bed suite for myself, husband and brother in law so the pricing was good.
Check in was quick and our room was ready early thankfully! We were in building 27 which was close to the Dunes Lagoon pool and about a 10 minute walk to the lobby. We didn't use the shuttle service to get from A to B so I can't comment on what that was like. There were certainly a lot of golf carts zipping around! The property is huge, so I can see if you wanted to go to the clubhouse that you might want to call one.

Our room was very large - as expected from photos on TA and comments from others. It was probably too much space for 3 of us, but it was nice to have nonetheless. The screened in balcony was very large and the entire place was clean.

Although the weather was quite cool and drizzly, we spent one part of the first afternoon at the Tiki bar at the Lagoon pool. The bartender Jessica was fantastic - very friendly!

We used the free shuttle to go to Epcot on Saturday. It was a quick ride and quite comfortable. Make sure that you are aware of when they leave the resort and when they come back. The shuttle times were in our welcome brochure, but I'm sure they vary from month to month.
Sunday the sun finally came out so we spent our day at the pool with Jessica again!

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay here and wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend it to anyone else.

3  Thank jennyleigh1
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our family of 6 stayed at the Mystic Dunes in a 2 bedroom unit for two nights. Check In was quick. We drove to our building and were surprised by the size of the spaces.
We needed the room to shower, unwind, and sleep to be ready for the following day at Disney. The beds and bedding were great. The bathrooms were huge, but dated. The Living Room had a Large flat screen TV, a dvd player and a big leather couch. The Full Kitchen also had every appliance you could need. There is a small on site grocery store, but we went to a large local store 2 miles away for breakfast supplies.
The Disney prescheduled shuttle times were not suited for getting to the parks early. We drove our van to the parks and Disney parking was $15 per day.
Our room cost was $150 per day with taxes. Disney's options for a party of 6 started at $200 per night.
We have stayed at many on site Disney hotels. The Disney buses are great if you don't want to drive anywhere. We usually end up complaining about the long bus wait times. I now realize how much I hate the buses.
In conclusion, Mystic Dunes in not the Ritz Carlton. For us it was a 2 bedroom apartment with great beds, large spaces, and a short 10 minute drive to any Disney parking lot. My family has stayed at the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Campground, and All Stars. We loved this place.

2  Thank JimG6077KC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Reunion Resort, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!