“Nice place”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Hamilton, Ontario
“Nice place”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I visited mystic dunes with 3 other adults for a family vacation at the end of November. The grounds are well maintained and the units are very clean. When we first checked in they gave us a room that was very dated and we called front desk to see if there was something a little more modern. They moved us to another unit that had a more modern kitchen and furniture. All units have full kitchens and laundry. We had a two bedroom unit so two bathrooms which were both fine. One odd thing is the master bathroom bathtub is in the middle of the room,like beside the bed no walls,just mirrors. Seemed odd to me. I found the beds to be very comfortable and didn't notice a lot of noise. We went to one of the many pools a few times during our stay and they were really nice. Lots of people and busy most of the day (but not crazy busy, lots of places to sit). I was shocked that there didn't seem to be a hot tub. This would be an amazing addition. We didn't spend too much time at the resort but were happy with our stay. It was close to everything and was clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank blizz16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The resort grounds are nice and appealing and the golf course is well groomed however if you plan on getting a good nights sleep this is not the resort for you! I have traveled to many resorts throughout the US and Canada and I have never had a worse night sleep for the entire stay. The beds are not comfortable and the pillows are substandard (we had better pillows at the Holiday Inn Express). I had severe neck pains from these pillows and did not get relief until I used my pack cloths as pillows.

In addition, the resort is noisy. The first night we had an alarm go off at 11:30 pm in the downstairs unit and security took 90 minutes to address the issue at 1:00 am. The next night a family with two kids moved into the lock-off and starting at 11:00 pm the kids started playing and crying and it took an average of 30 minutes or more to address the situation and this family finally quieted down around 1:00 am. The other issue is the golf course, the resort starts working on the greens and the course at 5:30 am every morning and the noise is constant till about 6:30 in the morning. So if you plan on getting a good nights sleep here I would look elsewhere.

Dining, we were very unimpressed with the restaurant Kenzies which is on-site. We were solicited by the resort to see if we were interested in purchasing a Christmas Brunch Buffet for $30.00 or the Christmas Dinner Buffet for $20.00 on Monday. We decided to purchase the dinner. On Tuesday, the resort leaves a messages indicating that they have decided to offer the same meal at both the Brunch and the Dinner. Since we made reservations we thought they would be prepared for us. When we arrived we were surprised to see half the chairs decorated and the other half not. Many of the tables were left in various conditions and some not well set up. Many of the workers seemed to be disorganized and not sure of what was going.

We left to see the buffet and it was nothing like it was advertised. We asked when we were booking if there would be arrange of different salads and to our surprise they only had one a Caesar which most of our party did not like. The was not a great offering of items and no gravy for the mashed potatoes or stuffing, the meat offerings we good with Turkey, Ham and Prime Rib but this was definitely not as advertised. We had to ask for silverware from the server so we can eat out food. Also, the desserts looked like something you would get at a pot luck and not laid out well. Just two pies for dessert and not much of anything else. I would not recommend this as a place to eat and the take out is much worse. We ordered 3 servings of potato skins as a snack and they were dried out.

Based on these experiences I would not recommend this resort unless you do not care about sleeping or the quality of food at this resort. If you are parents who allow your kids to rule the roost this is the resort for you. It is amazing how many parents do not want to discipline kids and allow them to inconsiderate of others.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the golf course unless your an early riser or are not disturbed easily when s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Darrell T
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
I have just returned from a short two day trip from your Mystic Dunes Resort in Kissimmee. Let me just mention that I am a Fl. resident and every year around the holidays I take my youngest son and my grandchildren for a special family weekend. I must just say that I was extremely disappointed in the customer service your resort offered. Maybe because I manage a property (apartment community) for a living, I am a strong believer in customer service and when it isn’t offered I feel I need to let someone know. Things started out with the 1st telephone call when I stressed the importance of transportation to the theme park because I did not see well at night- I was told yes, only to arrive and find out differently. No transportation to Magic Kingdom! (And only once a day for any other theme parks) ok, I was saddened because I felt I was misled but I was with my grandchildren so I figured I would find a way – I was given an information sheet with taxi service number to use- And was told that’s who the resort used. Taxi (that didn’t have a meter) and the cost was $38-I was fine with that except when we returned to resort and grabbed another taxi (random might have been checker) and the cost was $22! Sounds like a $16.00 kickback. Why not be honest to begin with? As we returned, very tired I soon realized that our keys didn’t work- Maintenance finally did come out and let us in and said a work order would be done the next day-It never was done and we finally received keys the last night around 9:00pm. Breakfast service was bad and food on the buffet was under cooked-I would love to return but until customer services improves I world not recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank rhonda2156
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I went to the Mystics on a trip with my boyfriend and some friends and it was awesome! Our room, more like apartment had a full kitchen, a master bedroom with shower and hot tub inside, it has amazing lake views and a plasma TV with many many channels!! The concierge desk have us basically a plan for each day full of fun stuff to do and some places that we should visit.
The pools in the resort as well as tennis court, basketball court and all restaurants in property were super clean and well organized. We had a blast and will definitely book again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Shezly29
Albany, New York
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I booked this as a last minute deal though hotels.com about a week before my trip. The price was amazing and I figured it would be nice to upgrade from just a standard hotel. Now, before I dive into this I would like to say that the previous night I had possibly the worst hotel stay of my life at Pop Century, so that may skew my views a bit, but this is seriously a solid stay.

Eager to leave Pop Century I called the front desk to ask what time I could check in, planning to leave the parks and check in around lunch. She offered that while the unit may not be ready they can at least give me the keys so I don't need to return to the front desk late at night. After eating and arriving to the hotel at 1PM I arrived at the front desk (also watch out for the horrendous speed bumps, I rented a Mustang which seriously scared me going over those even at a crawl.). The woman at the front desk was very kind and polite, and to my surprise even had a room ready which really made me thrilled. After easily finding the room and parking the car. We walked in to find a well appointed unit which was huge just for two people. The bed was comfortable and as were the pillows, everything appeared clean and taken care of. The whirlpool bath was a favorite of my girlfriend. I slept well every night and never had any issues. It was also nice to have a washer dryer especially as I only packed two pairs of jeans.
Checkout was very easy as I just dropped my keys at the front gate after calling the front desk.

While it was a good stay for 4 nights there are a few things they could do a bit better. First off the main bedroom window which faces the front walkway has no opaque curtains. So basically there is no way to let natural light into the bedroom without everyone who walks by seeing right in. This should seriously be fixed because it was my biggest gripe with the entire stay. The same goes for the sliding door to nowhere in the living room area. The area behind the unit is thankfully undeveloped so there really wasn't a chance of anyone seeing in that way. Lastly the tile is starting to show its age with chips and gouges but really that's just being picky.

Is Mystic Dunes the nicest condo I have ever stayed in? No, but for the price is sure is. I still think I'm going to reserve my future stays to Grand Reunion, even though its further and costs a bit more. But the Dunes is definitely a great stay for anyone who is on a tighter budget.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank t773er
Sible Hedingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My family stayed in this resort October half term and we cannot recommend this resort enough. We stayed in building 14 (think room 20) which was amazing. Huge bedroom complete with jacuzzi bath, children shared a room with two huge beds too. Lagoons Pool extremely clean and courtesy towels too. Even though the Resort was busy it never seemed like it and there were always plenty of sunbeds available. The staff were very friendly. If we needed a golf cart to take us back to our apartment they were more than happy to phone for one for us. The resort is close to Highway 192 leading to the I4 and so is perfect to travel to all the theme parks and shopping outlet villages. We would definately stay here again. There were free items in both bathrooms and the shower was always lovely and hot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen J
Portland, Maine
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed Nov. 29 - Dec. 6, 2013, I booked with Mystic Dunes as a timeshare owner through another company, I read many reviews prior to and after booking and have to say the resort is top notch, at least my condo was and the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. They are in the process of remodeling, however, I stayed in building #31 which is only 4 years old. I had requested a 1 BR deluxe and got upgraded to a 2 BR, perhaps because I asked for the top floor (6th) and got it no problem. Everything was immaculate even the silverware in the drawers was perfectly placed - wish I had that maid in my house! We went to Kenzie's a couple nights, Jim the bartender was very friendly and social. The food was okay, steak one night and pizza another. Its located 5 minutes from Disney World and a mile in either direction from grocery shopping at Publix, to many restaurants. We had time to kill so decided to attend the timeshare presentation and pick up an extra $75. Alex did a very good job of enticing us, and if I wasn't already a timeshare owner and the price was right I would have seriously considered purchasing. Only complaint would be Reggie, a supervisor of the timeshare presentations. He gave us attitude when we said we would not be buying (because I already own), and he was rude to Alex in our presence. We were there for Disney World and to visit family living in Florida. We will definitely be returning to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club!

Room Tip: Terrace building #31
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CountyGirl81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#22 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,733 reviews

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!