Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
$256
$229
  • Pool
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration(Celebration)(Great Value!)
$127
$105
Agoda.com
$83
Travelocity
$99
$69
Agoda.com
Parkway International Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$314
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,409 results
All reviewstime sharetimeshare presentationbedroom villawasher and dryerstayed in buildingfull kitchenorlando areaminiature golfmain poollagoon poolscreened in porchjacuzzi tubtennis courtsliving areashuttle serviceminute drivefamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2008

when we arrived at mystic dunes we thought it looked very nice.

when we checked in and got to our room we were very disappointed ... whne we were getting off the elevator we had to step over bags of trah ...also the elevator door took about a min to close and the button to make it was broke...

we got to our room it looked very nice when we walked in.. but when we went in to the bathroom..the vanity light was hangin by wires .. in the kitchen the drawer next to the stove could not be opened with out first opening the oven door...next day we had the tour for the time share once again we had to step over garbage bags...we arrive for the tour and they ask how we liked it so far..we explained the problems they were very nice and said we will see about getting you a differnt room ..we said ok...so we went on our tour...we were very interested .. but we are not ones to jump right in to it so we asked if we could sleep on annd let them know in the morning well of course you the song and you wont get these prices tomorrow..so they sent over the manager and he tried with very high pressure to make us buy today..we explained we wanted to but needed to discuss it and we would let them know in the morning.. the gentle men was very rude at this point telling the other sales person to just check them out they are done.. when ask the about the problems in our room they then said there is nothing we can do for you.. all in all it shows there is no customer servive ...and they lost a sale all together..we went to wyndham had a great experince and bought thier product...just thought you would like to know our experince..thanks

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2008

We were hesitant about booking here because of all the other trip advisor reviews, but we wanted to book a quick interval getaway vacation, so we booked Mystic Dunes. First, let me share the positive. The property is kept in immaculate shape. The lawns are manicured, pools are clean, and there is an excellent golf course on grounds. We booked a two bedroom. The condo was clean and the whirpool was wonderful. The 47inch HD/DVD TV in the front room was wonderful. We were not pressured at all to go to a time share presentation or tour,(probably because we already own one in Maui, and we checked in late at night)
Now for the cons...There are far too few people working the front desk. We called to ask for wash clothes. It was very difficult to contact the front deak at all. It took repeated calls, and we finally got them after three days. The shower door in the master bathroom did not close and the water drained very slow. It took 1 day for engineering to come out. My husband had something in the oven. When he tried to take it out, the oven door would not open. It took 2 hours for engineering to come out to fix it. The water in our coffee maker boiled onto the counter. We requested another one, that took hours to replace. When housekeeping replaced it, the new one did turn on. Needless to say, I did not get coffee until the 3rd day of our vacation. When we did get one, it was left in a chair while we were out of the room, and the door was left open. It was next to impossible to contact the management. She was either in a meeting, off property, or just could not be reached. We spent the first three days waiting for her to call back and for various dept. tocome fix things. She did apologize and send us a fruit and cheese tray.She also comp'd our internet usage.
We ate at the restaurant on property once, for the Friday seafood buffet. The crab was toooo salty, the beef was tough, and the soup had very little seasoning and no taste. They automatically add in a 15% gratuity, even though there were only two of us. They told us this was what most of the other resorts were doing. Upon visiting other resorts, we did not find that to be true.
Upon checking out, we found that our internet usage had not been deducted. Needless to say, my husband had to find a manager to take it off.
We will probably not be staing here again; however if you have a family with kids, there are plenty activities for them. ie. pools, children activities, bike rentals, miniture golfs, etc...

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2008

my family and i , 13 of us altogether , stayed there for 2 weeks. it was my 3rd time in orlando but the 1st time for 6 of the others , and we all loved it at mystic dunes , the apartments were out of this world as were all the swimming pools, the location was excellent you were only a 10 minute drive to disney and a 2 minute drive to all the resturants on the 192 . You could see the fireworks from the magic kingdom from the balcony of our apartment. my family and i would definately stay at mystic dunes again . it gave my aunts, uncles and cousins and excellent experience for there 1 st time in florida! We all did not want to leave the luxury of mystic dunes.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank kazdotcom
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Our family of 5 stayed at this resort July 3 for 4 nights. We previously stayed there when it was called the Wyndham Palms Resort. We thought that it would be as lovely as the previous time. We were scheduled for a tour in exchange for the reduced price that we got for the 5 day 4 nights. The first check in took about 30 minutes, then we had to drive to the resort for the 2nd check in. Upon entering the building, we could see that the video rental machine was still out of order. When we visited 2 yrs ago, it was out of order. We were assigned to building 26 on the 3rd floor. Our unit must not had been occupied for a while because the shower head had a black mildew or fungus. My husband bought some bleach, poured it in a cup and soaked it. He also scrubbed the jacuzzi which had black gook in it. After all of my husband's hard work, I could not bring myself to get in that tub. The bottom molding around the tub was slightly mildewed also. I tried not to look at it so that I wouldn't get sick. The dish washer did not scrub the pots on the pot scrub cycle. This was even after I had soaked the pot. Everything else inside the unit was fine. The presentation was not good. They tell you that it will be 2 hrs. After 2 hrs and 33 minutes, one of the managers were trying to get us to committ to coming back in a year for over $1,200. NOT! We didn't like the fact that there wasn't a fitness room or more than one basketball court. This is truly a resort for golfers. My kids (14, 11, 5) are more interested in a playground and fitness machines. Overall, the resort is nice, but it just doesn't fit into our families' desire for ownership.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank bakeringa
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I was hesitant about going to a Golf Glub Resort and trying to stay in a time share unit. I don't golf...but they did have mini golf. I went to relax for the weekend and I had tickets to see the Blue Men Show. I was worried about taking up a day of my time for a free weekend being stuck in a presentation. Not at all what I expected...it was actually pleasant. Something different for sure. We were 3 couples and had a blast!! It was a way for us all to get together in a great location.

We were in a clean 3 bedroom villa, and actually one is called a lock out unit. It's a one bedroom seperate unit but all the keys fit both rooms. The lock out unit is like an apartment...it's huge. The larger two bedroom unit was unbelievable!! Each unit had a jetted large tub and stand up showers as well. Both of our units had washer and dryers, and every other comfort of home. There was a full size dining table for six. We had a large screened patio porch on the 3rd floor. Large screen TV in the living area and tv's in the bedrooms. We stayed in building 26, it was a end unit. Great for privacy....we played cards all night and we didn't bother anyone.

The 90 minute Time Share View and Tour was a breeze and they actually sell many because of their location. No pressure!! People were really buying...This location is a great investment if you are looking for a week or two in Orlando. It took us 20 minutes to get to Universal to see the Blue Men Show, a must see if they are still there. Hard Rock Cafe is in Universal too, so we ate there. If you are between the ages of 35 - 60....this is a good time. I won't lie...they were packed with families, especially at the big pool. But there are more pools on the property.

We booked through a company in Florida since we live here and I knew they would know exactly what I was looking for. This is the only way to go! I think the one I used was trip 2 earth, and they must of spent over an hour with me on the phone. I had a million questions. The agent was awesome and I had no surprises when we got there. This is a great time for family in our economic hard times. Don't forget to try and get tickets for what you are looking for. Very close to Disney World Orlando, about 3-4 miles actually. Allow time for US 192 West...the traffic is heavy.

I'm going to try more of these in other states, since they are so inexpensive. Some are not resorts but hotels rather. This is the real thing....luxury resort.

I look forward to my next time share experience, and the rules have changed...no more strict requirements. I hope this helps some of the tourists from other countries who come to Florida to check out the attractions. By the way....ours included free theme park tickets. I only like Universal and Epcot. But my kids are grown, so I don't like long lines!! I know I met a family that had 26 people in a house there for $2,000.00 a month!!

Not far to go to the beach....try to book when the weather is a bit cooler, Orlando is hot in the summer!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends