“Great Place”

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed June 3, 2008

We arrived late at night after driving from Sanford airport.
We were given a one bedroom apartment (which is what we had booked) When we went in we noticed that there wasn’t a balcony. We went back to reception and without any argument they changed it to one with a balcony.
The apartment was huge and spotless. The lounge had a large leather settee and armchair and a 50in TV. The dining area had a glass table and 4 chairs. The kitchen had everything including a washing machine and a tumble dryer, an enormous fridge freezer which made its own ice cubes.
The bedroom was something to behold, the largest and most comfortable bed that we have ever had on holiday, a large TV and a Jacuzzi that easily held two, (I know). An on suite toilet, a separate toilet and a shower.
The balcony had a table and 4 comfortable chairs, it was enclosed with a very fine netting which kept the insects out but let the sunshine and breeze in.
This was our 5th trip to Orlando and has we had just come back from a 7 week driving holiday in Australia, we decided just to relax and that’s what we did.
There are 4 swimming pools with plenty of sun lounges and towels.
We did not eat in the complex preferring to go to the many restaurants in the area. The US 192 highway is a 5 minute drive away with all the restaurants you could wish for.
They are all good, but one in particular which we must mention is the Golden Corral.
(Turn left on the 192 and it’s on your left)
There is everything to eat that you could imagine. Steaks Ribs, Pork, Chicken, vegetables, salads and the deserts are something to die for. As many drink’s that you want. I could go on and on. You help yourself to as much as you want as many times as you want and all for £6.
If you want to go to the fun parks they are just a short drive away.
We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
8  Thank John W
Write a ReviewReviews (3,230)

Reviewed May 15, 2008

We chose this resort from photos that we had seen in brochures and other travellers, it is exactly how it looked - Beautiful. Were in building no. 29 Great opposite the main pool. They give you towels to use there and the kids loved the slide, we loved the bar.

The complex was rather large not very good for walking from one place to another, saying that they do offer you buggy rides around the place.

Security on the gate, good, Room service, any problems were dealt with almost straight away. Safe wouldn't lock, maintenance came within 15 mins, toilet blocked, 20 mins all sorted.

Made a couple of calls local from the room - no charge.

Cleaner came round after week 1 and changed sheets and stocked up on toiletries - even gave us washing powder and dishwasher powder.

All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank welshcakes
Reviewed May 12, 2008

After reading some of the other reviews on this site I was hesitant to proceed as planned to Mystic Dunes. We booked this family trip through Interval and only read the reviews after booking. Since it was too late to rebook such a large group (7 adults and 2 children) we took our chances with the understanding that we could always move if it was really unacceptable. Fortunately, we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in two 2 bedroom villas on the ground level of Building 31. There were no bugs, dirt, filth, rude employees, theft, murky pools, construction, shootings, or any of the other bad events previously reported. I came prepared with enough toiletries, and did not expect daily maid service so I wasn't disappointed when I didn't get it. We actually appreciated the privacy and security of knowing that housekeeping was not entering our space during the visit. Also, not once, was anyone in our group asked to attend a sales presentation. Only two minor complaints during the week - on the first day it took 2 phone calls and 20 minutes of holding to determine whether they had life preservers at the pools for my children (they don't), and the $5 continental breakfast at the pool is a terrible waste of money. They only offer prepackaged danish and semi-cold orange juice and if you are willing to drive a mile there are plenty of better, yet still inexpensive, options. Also don't rely on your GPS to get you there. Once we found it we entered the coordinates into the GPS to get us back each time, but the ones preprogramed in do not work (my GPS was purchased just weeks before the trip so you would think I'd have the most up to date info). Overall a great place to stay though and would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank SKJS07
Reviewed May 9, 2008

I had went there for a presentation, and sure the place was nice, think about how un-safe it is for children. In the rooms are glass tables, with mirrors in everyroom, ceiling high. The chairs are metal, and the floor are tile. They say that this is a family oriented place to stay, I say they are wrong.
I had told this to the prenentation man who was helping us, and I he had said he had heard a lot of things but this is not one of them. He had told me that I was lying and that it couldn't be possible. He said I was just saying that to not make him feel bad, when that was not my purpose. However, it should make him feel bad since he was the one working for a place like this.
They brag about how big they're golf course is and how wonderful they're rooms are, but they're rooms are dangerous, and whats more, its like you are living on the course! I would feel scared to sit byt he window, afraid that a ball might come flyinging in to hit me square on the face!
I also think it is a hastle to just get to the entrance, this way and that, its like a maze.
The man who had helped me also said that they're goal is to make sure that your stay would be spectacular, and that everyone goes on vacation to have fun and relax. Relaxing is true, but why would you go on vacation just to stay at a resort. I went to Orlando to go to the amusement parks and to see the sights, not to sit in my room the whole day, everyday.
When I had declined the man, I went to the gift area, and the woman was so RUDE! I have never been so ill treated in my life.

This was an absolute horrible expiriance, a DEFINATELY DO NOT recommend this resort.

BEWARE!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Darkholme
Reviewed May 9, 2008

We just returned today from a week-long stay at Mystic Dunes Resort. We booked it through a friend who owns a timeshare, and he and his family are unable to travel at this time.
Check-in was painless - First impression upon entering the condo was that it was nice (a one bedroom with king bed, sleeper sofa, and two baths). However, upon a closer look, the floors (grout) could have used a really good scrubbing / bleaching. The bed was very comfy, and we loved the ammenities offered. HOWEVER, they reel you into taking the tour in order to receive discounts on attraction tickets and golf, so off to the 2 hour tour we went. The end of the presentation/tour was very painful (these salespeople HATE to hear you tell them 'no thank you, now is not a good time for us to invest in a timeshare"!!!! If I said it once, I said it 100 times, HONEST! However, we said our final NO, and off to get our discount tickets (with no problems) we went.
In order to have the room cleaned/ floors swept/fresh, clean towels, you had to pay an additional $25.00 fee. We opted not to pay for this, and utlizied the washer and dryer to launder them ourselves *They did provide two one-load boxes of Tide for laundering purposes* We also opted to shop for groceries and cook at the condo a couple of the nights we were there. We had everything we needed, with the exception of a mixer (I bake some of the best homemade chocolate chip cookies, according to my husband, and of course he wanted a batch to enjoy througout the week!), so we had to grab a mixer while grocery shopping - Aside from that, you basically had 4 of everything (glassware and table settings, as well as a complete set of stainless cookware and utensils.
The staff was friendly (though very aggresive sales staff), and we would definitely consider staying there again, as well as entertain the though of purchasing a timeshare at Mystic Dunes. They have many new amenities planned for the location in the coming years, and it will add a real draw to the property in the months / years to come. The location is great, as it was within a 15 minute drive of anywhere we wanted to go, from the outlets to the parks, to anywhere we could have wanted to eat.
Overall, it was a great deal for the amount we paid.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ellagator330
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I cannot believe the reviews people have left for this resort.
We arrived in the middle of the night, in a terrible rainstorm and were thrilled with the entrance to the resort. Check in was easy and straight forward. We'd read the reviews and to say we were nervous about the apartment was an understatement!
We stayed in block 29 and the apartment was just like the pics on the website. It was clean, spacious and just what we needed after a long flight from the UK
There were enough towels for 8 people and spare sheets, pillows etc.
The next day we explored the complex - everything was really clean and very well maintained. The pools were nice but rather busy with families. The on site restaurant was good but a little expensive, there was a cheaper poolside bar for lighter snacks.
The people were friendly and we really enjoyed our stay here - I would recommend it. We normally stay in 4 or 5 star UK hotels and this resort was certainly to a high standard.
Ignore the reviews the place is lovely

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
5  Thank SamLincoln_UK
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We got an excellent deal from Lending Tree and after reading the comments, I was a bit concerned. However, when we saw the entrance and the beautiful resort we were pleasantly surprised. The resort was absolutely gorgeous. The employees were wonderful. The pools were incredible. And the rooms were very nice. It was like having a condo for a week - we loved it! We plan on staying here everytime we return back to Orlando. It was so close to everything - Universal, Disney World and Seaworld.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Roxine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#85 of 342 in Orlando
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!