“Had a great time...”

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
“Had a great time...”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were needing a short getaway from life (work, kids, non stop running) to recharge our batteries and to celebrate our Anniversary. Mystic Dunes is part of a time share my in laws own and they gracefully provided us the needed points to cover our Tues-Sun stay.

Without personal transportation this would not be ideal since it is a few minute drive from restaurants and entertainment. We had a rental so didn't bother us one bit.

We were able to check in early which was a nice touch considering we arrived at 9:30am. Otherwise we would have just changed in the pool area and relaxed until it was available.

Our room was on the first level. We had a renovated king suite. The kitchen was entirely redone and clean with new appliances (fridge, range, microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker, pans, mixing bowls, measuring cup, silverware, and glassware). Furniture was new and some of the fixtures. Overall a nice room and very quiet at night. Our windows faced mainly West so sleeping in was easy with less sun blasting in the windows.

We spent most of our time relaxing by the pool near building 19. We found it to be clean, fairly quiet, and had plenty of open seats and spots to sun bathe.

We used the fitness facility and walking trails a few times and both were adequate for basic on the road fitness.

Overall very pleased and may bring the family down next year as well.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed from April 14 until the 21. At first I was a bit scare with the previous reviews about the place being dirty and bad, but the place was excellent. I stayed in villa 12311 with a 2 bedroom and 2 bath and it was wonderful. Everything clean, kitchenware was in excellent conditions, rooms were clean, beds had a soft mattress for my taste but I guess that varies depending on the person. I really didn't had a problem whatsoever. The apartment it self or villa might be only a bit outdated but it still keeps to the standards of today, you really can't tell much unless you take a good look at all the minor details.

Complex is well maintained, front desk very helpful. 30 minute drive to universal studios and area. Very close to Disney.

I recommend this place, I guess people might confuse this as a hotel and expect a full hotel service with housecleaning everyday, but its pretty much a villa or an apartment rental with a touch of service like a hotel.

I paid a pretty low price since I'm in a hotel discount membership.

• Stayed April 2013
Sunny Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Like the title says, I have mixed feelings about Mystic Dunes. I arrived here a through Priceline bid who judged them 3.5 stars. Though I wouldn't argue these are fairly good quality clean accommodations, the format did not suit my needs whatsoever.

First off, this is NOT a hotel. Notice I did not call it one. Also it is in a somewhat honky-tonk corner of Kissimmee, not Celebration. This is actually a timeshare which apparently sells excess vacancies on the open market.This is both good and bad. Good, in the fact that it had some items that you would not normally find in a hotel room. My room in particular was set up like a small one-room apartment with a shared foyer to a separate unit. I believe this is a 'lock-off' in timeshare parlance. It had a full kitchen with plates cups and utensils, living room, washer/dryer, bathroom of course and a humongous jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. . This is all well and good however...

Let me tell you what it does NOT have. That would be WIFI, daily maid service, cell phone service (hah you suck Sprint!) or convenient transportation. In short if you are looking for a 'business' hotel, this is an exceedingly poor choice. Though there is wired internet available (I did not bother) and a small wireless router would probably overcome this, it's still a thing. And, though they have a shuttle service, this property is so huge, 30+ buildings on a large tract of land, you will be sweaty and miserable by the time you got there. Also the size of the property, and it's location makes a car almost a prerequisite. Annoyingly, there was only a single trashcan in the whole unit located in the bathroom. The bed was extremely firm, and not very comfortable.

My most serious gripe, and please pay attention to this, check-out is a stingy and I think somewhat unreasonable, 10:00. I understand the logistics of getting a large property like this turned over, but come on, 10:00?! I arrived very late and missed this and ran afoul of the housekeeping. Calling the front desk to explain the situation yielded no answer from the phone, even though I called repeatedly. I finally negotiated a truce with the operator for 10:30 which left me no time to get a cup of coffee, wash or shave. Not cool guys!

Room Tip: Not a good choice for a business traveler.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Loueloui
Brooklyn New york
Reviewed April 23, 2013

What a surprise - was not expecting this from a resort in Florida - Thought Hawaii was heaven this hotel was a close 2nd. Firstly the staff was grade A very accomodating - My room was a (2) bedroom home away from home with all the amenities - exceptionally clean - patio with (2) bathrooms very soft beds with exceptionally clean bedding and new linens and mattresses (3) TV's fully equipped kitchen with everything from utensils to brand new pots and pans and appliances - washer/dryer in room fully a/c - (3) pools the first one was right near my room - shuttle service available to anywhere you would like to go on the premises at any time - garbage removal daily - room service - housekeeping if needed was available - pool activities (the children had a blast) nightime activities from Bingo to movie night - would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: renovated room on the upper floors
New York
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This could be the best value of any vacation I ever went on. The low price made it easy to pluck down hundreds of dollars on park admittance and special meals prepared by Wolfgang Puck!
We enjoyed a spacious two bedroom Suite, with a master bath the size of most living rooms, dining room, kitchen, balcony and two baths. We were minutes from Disney and Universal. The resort had multiple pools, special evening events for the family, tennis, basketball, a water slide, volleyball, mini golf and all built around a sprawling golf course. We meet so many nice people and the consensus was- This place is way UNDER priced and an absolute great value for the dollar!
if you are going to go food shopping, be sure to go to the Target down the road, prices are "Normal" and the food is very fresh.

Room Tip: Book early and watch the rates on multiple sites. By the time we checked in, The rate dropped by $29...
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in Mystic Dunes for 8 Days and loved every minute! We had a 2 bedroom villa and it was so clean and beautiful. Had all the amenties of home, washer, dryer, dishwasher, fully equipped kitchen, outdoor patio and jacuzzi in master bedroom. The kids loved the pool. The grounds are immaculate. They have daily activities for kids, mini golf, bike riding, etc..I would def come back again. Location was great. Close to all restaurants and Disney Parks. My family had a great time. The staff were super nice, and friendly. The beds were soooo comfortable. Loved it!!!!

Room Tip: Choose Buildings 22-30. They have the most updated renovated rooms
Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Four guys on a golf trip. Very good place for that type of adventure. Fine course, but we were unlucky in timing since greens had just been top dressed with sand. We got a discount and free replay golf for our troubles. Outstanding pro shop. Full of very nice inventory and gracious in offering discounts with multiple purchases. Jason was very accomodating. Cart man and greeter, Pedro, was top notch. Could not have been nicer or more helpful. To be honest, food only average in grille. Comfortable though, and teriffic service from Kelly and from Lisa. Two bedroom condo with lots of space. Very clean. Couch and easy chair have seen better days, but beds were fine and plenty of towels. About two miles to Rt.. 192 with about 25 restaurants within two miles along that strip.

Room Tip: Check out living room furniture. Otherwise beds were just fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#86 of 337 in Orlando
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!